PDA

View Full Version : What game are you most excited for this season?

TheCatamount
July 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Wofford comes to Cullowhee on October 25, a Thursday night game which will be shown on ESPNU. I'm pumped for this game because it will be some good exposure for our program and our school. I'm also excited for the game vs App, like always, and the BIG games vs Alabama and Georgia.

Overall, I'm really excited for every game though. This will be my first year as a student and I can't wait for Catamount Football!

catamount man
July 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Just got in from Cullowhee and vibe around campus is a pretty upbeat one. The Western Open is this Wednesday, August 1st, at the Waynesville Country Club and is officially the kickoff of the Fall sports calender.

It will be a good time indeed. A social hour and a dinner complete with all the coaches discussing the upcoming seasons. Stay active your 4 years at WCU and look forward to meeting you someday.xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

bshgriz
July 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
The National Championship-hopefully featuring the Montana Grizzlies

but in the regular season the 2nd straight victory over ms.u and also Southern Utah because it's a free game and all of the varsity football team will be their.

PSUVikings
July 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
@Montana

HiHiYikas
July 28th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it out to an App State game this season xbawlingx

I might be able to snaek away from Richmond for one weekend. We'll see. I will definitely go to the National Championship if App makes it back.

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Unless it's a bad team, I always say the next game...

Of course there are 'circled' games..

The first being Marist to open the season and first night game ever...

at Penn, vs. Princeton, at Harvard..

of course at Lehigh...

Mountaineer
July 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm lookin' forward to all of 'em, but the home games especially. xthumbsupx

First game against LR is gonna be electric seeing the boys in black for the first time since December.

Northern Arizona - Nice to see another Big Sky team make it to Boone.

Homecoming against GWebb.

Black Saturday against Georgia Southern (got the goalpost ready). ;)

Battle for the Jug, enough said. xbowx

No_Skill
July 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/ads1/30078.gif

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
July 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I think opening night against Georgetown will be a good indicator of how the new team looks. Then of course Hofstra and Maine at Homecoming.

TheValleyRaider
July 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
All of them for one reason or another xnodx

I'll pick Bucknell in particular because it might be the only game I can make this year.

AndrewFU21
July 28th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I would say the first game, but I have to be in Maine for a wedding that weekendxbawlingx xbawlingx xflamemadx

Other than that, taking on the defending champs at our place will be awesomexnodx

catbob
July 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
If I can somehow make it to the A&M game, that would probably top my list. I'm trying to see if I can afford, and I'm seriously doubting I can.

If I can't, then it will be Montana at home.

DuckDuckGriz
July 28th, 2007, 04:29 PM
FORT LEWIS!
That will be a fever pitch game at Wash-Griz.

In reality though, either Portland State in Missoula or MSU in Bozeman.

katstrapper
July 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I am most looking forward to the NDSU game in Sept. I think this game could be a barn burner.xnodx

Grizaholic17
July 28th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the new PSU offense. But of course the big game is MSU in Bozeman...and hopefully the championship with the Griz.

slostang
July 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Texas State. It is the first game of the season and it will be a good game to see what we are made of this year. Cal Poly also has some unfinished business after losing there in the 2005 playoffs.

813Jag
July 28th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the SWAC/MEAC challenge against FAMU. Also games against Tennessee State, Jackson State, and of course the Bayou Classic.

bjtheflamesfan
July 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Two games:

Nov 3 vs Coastal Carolina- We've lost the last three meetings to teh Chants including the last two by a combined 8 points...the Flames are looking to finally get over the top this year

Nov 17 @ Gardner Webb- This game may very well be for the Big South Championship

Kill'em
July 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I'm looking foward to one game at a time.

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I would say the first game, but I have to be in Maine for a wedding that weekendxbawlingx xbawlingx xflamemadx

Other than that, taking on the defending champs at our place will be awesomexnodx

Andrew:

I agree that the game at Furman will be a good one. If App is to win the SoCon this year, there are 3 games in S.C. that it must win - or at least take two of the three: Furman, Wofford, & The Citadel. Yikes!

Sorry about your wedding.

Uncle Buck
July 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Call me crazy, but i'm looking forward to seeing Furman come up to Long Island. It seems like the few times we've played the games have been great, but i haven't been there. It'll be good to see the Purple in person.

Ronbo
July 29th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Portland State. I really think they might be a top 10 possibly top 5 team this season. We'll see where they stand after the McNeese State and Davis games. If they are undeafeated after those two they could be 8-0 coming into Washington Griz on November 3rd.

AggieFinn
July 29th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I'm looking forward to the game at PGE Park vs. Glanville and the boys, we also got Northeastern trekking to Davis for a great home game, but more than anything I can't wait to see the Ags take on Poly for the Horseshoe this season.

crunifan
July 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
1) Iowa State
2) SIU
3) Youngstown State
4) South Dakota State

McNeese75
July 29th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Portland State. I really think they might be a top 10 possibly top 5 team this season. We'll see where they stand after the McNeese State and Davis games. If they are undeafeated after those two they could be 8-0 coming into Washington Griz on November 3rd.

That seems a stretch to me, but as you say, we shall see. xnodx

bisonwest
July 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Minnesota! (We're gonna get em this year!!) But right now I'm just as jacked for Sam Houston. I've been monitoring their board and they seem to have as passionate a fan base as we do. I also was impressed after watching their 2007 preview show on youtube. I have a feeling it could be one HELL of a game!! Can't wait to tailgate with some krazy kat fans!!!!!

GSUhooligan
July 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM
As much as I love Paulson, I'm really looking forward to the road games this year. Since its my last semester of college, I'll be going all out for Coastal, App, and Colorado State. I'm really excited about this year in general, and can't wait to see all the games, but those three stick out.

Ronbo
July 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Minnesota! (We're gonna get em this year!!) But right now I'm just as jacked for Sam Houston. I've been monitoring their board and they seem to have as passionate a fan base as we do. I also was impressed after watching their 2007 preview show on youtube. I have a feeling it could be one HELL of a game!! Can't wait to tailgate with some krazy kat fans!!!!!

I like your grit. But do you think Minnesota will be overlooking you like they did last year?

NHWildcatfan
July 29th, 2007, 10:16 PM
James Madison - Especially after the beating they gave us last year at homecoming...
and of course UMass!

Old Montana State Grad
July 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM
As much as I love Paulson, I'm really looking forward to the road games this year. Since its my last semester of college, I'll be going all out for Coastal, App, and Colorado State. I'm really excited about this year in general, and can't wait to see all the games, but those three stick out.

Boy, go get your sorry behind in bed! Sis and her dumb move to the College of Charleston...

CopperCat
July 29th, 2007, 10:40 PM

I will be watching that game as well. Good teams, good matchup.

But PSU is NOT a top 15 team, until they actually do something. Everybody has been drinking the Glanville kool-aid.......

Old Montana State Grad
July 29th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Almost dark; time to go fishing. A&M and PSU. Guess I'll be able to take in both the Weber and PSU games this year.

bisonwest
July 29th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I like your grit. But do you think Minnesota will be overlooking you like they did last year?

No, they'll be looking to prove last year's near miss was a fluke. I said that kind of tongue in cheek, but I still think it's gonna be a close game. For a couple reasons; 1. I see no reason why Minney is going to be any stronger next year, 2. Completely new offense, 3. After replaying the game on tape about 10 times I come away dissapointed with our offensive execution especially in the red zone, way to sloppy of play! On the other hand the defense had stellar performance, but will be hurt by the loss of key players form last years squad. There's no doubt we will have to strap it on come October, 20th against a more inspired Gophers football team, but I have a hunch the Mighty Bison will be there at the end!!

GSUhooligan
July 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Boy, go get your sorry behind in bed! Sis and her dumb move to the College of Charleston...

Huh?

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 31st, 2007, 09:45 PM
NCA&T vs. NC Central !!!!

It will be an Arch Rival War !!!!!!!

Take Care!