PDA

View Full Version : Does MEAC Need Playoff Success to Gain Respect?

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Column on MEAC respect coming with postseason success, if they can obtain it. I think the MEAC can really make their mark OOC as several schools have been upgrading their schedules, showing their commitment to their respective chases for playoff spots...
-----------------
The MEAC's respect with come with postseason success

Dave Fairbank
6:06 PM EDT, July 27, 2007

Gorgeous morning. Snazzy oceanfront hotel. Perfect setting for the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference's annual football media day, where hope sprang eternal and everyone was undefeated.

Seemed as good a time as any to belly-flop into the punch bowl and ask about the MEAC's postseason schneid (This is why we don't get invited to parties very often).

Anyway, the MEAC in general and Hampton University in particular field quality teams. They have respected coaches. They play on television. They land players in the NFL.

And when they advance to the Division I-AA -- excuse me, Football Championship Subdivision -- playoffs, they come up empty.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-fairbank.jl27,0,5430304.column

G.S.Green
July 28th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Of course we do. Success is simply measured by wins or losses. We've got to break through because 0-8 doesn't work in the respect department.

TheCatamount
July 28th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah...

Respect is earned in the W column