PDA

View Full Version : Who are you scared of this year?

Grizaholic17
July 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM
If there was one team you'd be scared for your team to play this year, what team would it be and why?

I would be scared to play NDSU, ever since they beat us by 2 that one time they have scared the crap out of me. haha. Although if they played us at wa/griz than I would feel better, because our fans would give them hell.

andy7171
July 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM
The games that scare me are the games I think we "should" win. The JMU's and UMass's, we are the underdogs and aren't really "expected" to win.
The game on the 2007 schedule that scares me is Colgate. Just something about an experienced o-line that has played together for years and a top quality RB. I am not very confident going up there.

Mod33
July 27th, 2007, 12:12 PM
You have nothing to fear, but fear it self ;)

89Hen
July 27th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Towson... oh wait, we DO play them. :( :p

TheCatamount
July 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Furman, I really like the football team they have this season

TheValleyRaider
July 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Albany-They're tough, and we never do well in opening games
UMass-They'll probably have to make a few mistakes for us to win this game
Lehigh-They won't beat us 4 in a row, right? Certainly not 2 straight in Hamilton, right? Right?

asu3peat
July 27th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm scared of the state of South Carolina. We play 3 tough road games against experienced teams. Furman, when healthy, is definitely a top 10 team in the nation. Wofford does a great job controlling the clock and if they can continue with the momentum they left off with from last year, watch out. The Citadel has a good QB and seems to be everyone's dark horse in the SOCON.

terrierbob
July 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Furman, Appalachian, and the Citadel. Furman, because we hardly ever beat them even when we beat teams they lose to, App State because they'd play .500 in the ACC, and the Citadel because everyone says they'll be good this year.

PSUVikings
July 27th, 2007, 01:33 PM
McNeese State, we bat the crap out of them in 04' but I have no clue how they will come out this time around. Montana ripped them to, I'm hoping the Viks do the same. And Eastern Washington, despite them having a weak team we struggle in Cheney.

james_lawfirm
July 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm scared of the state of South Carolina. We play 3 tough road games against experienced teams. Furman, when healthy, is definitely a top 10 team in the nation. Wofford does a great job controlling the clock and if they can continue with the momentum they left off with from last year, watch out. The Citadel has a good QB and seems to be everyone's dark horse in the SOCON.

Ditto. IMO the best game of the year will be somewhere in S.C. Just not sure where.

PurpleNights
July 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Clemson- more worried about injuries, no real chance of pulling this off.

App State- wore us out last year.

Wofford- usually a very tough game.

Lapper
July 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
PC and Delaware St. sneaking up on us.

JoshUCA
July 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
All SLC teams!

OL FU
July 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I don't like playing in Johnson Hagood when the Citadel has or believes they have a good team.

I don't like playing in Paulson period.

I think you can pick the teams from those clues.

ASU of course but playing on Eugene Stone Field makes me feel betterxnodx

rmutv
July 27th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Robert Morris has an idea of what to expect from conference foes Albany and Monmouth.

So I fear Duquesne. Colonials haven't been able to figure out Bruce "The Colonial Killer" Hocker. If they can limit his receptions and get pressure on the QB, Colonials might be able to get a win down on the Bluff.

melloAggiesousa
July 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I'm most scared of The Mean Machine, 'cause they've got Burt Reynolds as their quarterback and I'm not wearing a cup.

Oh, and any team with Ted Hendricks and Lester "The Molester" Hayes.

...damn, I'm old...

Retro
July 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
McNeese State, we bat the crap out of them in 04' but I have no clue how they will come out this time around. Montana ripped them to, I'm hoping the Viks do the same. And Eastern Washington, despite them having a weak team we struggle in Cheney.

Congratulations, You and everyone else beat Mcneese bad in 2004, except those weak SWAC boys... It was the worst team in Mcneese history and a far cry from what you'll see this time.. I expect a very good game, if PSU is as good as they are predicting..

Bearkatpresident
July 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm worried about McNeese, particularly since ALL of our major games are one the road.

bisonwest
July 27th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't want to play App, or Montana away this year! (although we'd love to have either in the dome!!) We have a pretty tough schedule this year and there's only two gimme games, but I'd point to Sam Houston with Bomar to be a hell of a game. Also SDSU is going to be tough especially at Coughlin!! Both should be great gameday atmosphere's!!

travelinman67
July 27th, 2007, 04:23 PM
In the PL, Colgate is the sleeper team that Lehigh and Lafayette better pay attention to. The OL and RB could become a handful if they don't bring their A-Game.

CID1990
July 27th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Elon. We know what to expect from the other teams in the SoCon. Elon, on the other hand, can surprise you. Their coach is not likely to be tricked by Kevin Higgins, since they are both Lehigh guys, and for some reason, Elon gets up for us (except last year). I think Elon will upset at least two SoCon teams this year, I just hope we aren't one of them.

BEAR
July 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
All SLC teams!

N-O-B-O-D-Y.....or that piece of grass that springs up at the last moment and trips up our RB right before he scores a touchdown...or that blast of ghostly wind that alters the game winning field goal at the last moment...or the concession stand food that tries to escape after I eat it...or that possum on the sidelines that pretends to be our mascot..he scares little kids too....or any team with horrible uniforms..or any team nicknamed "the Wonderboys"....as I said...NOBODY. xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

catbob
July 27th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'm forever scared of Cal Poly, but I wish we had them on the schedule. You were in Kramer's head, but not Ash's! Not yet anyway. :(

Other than that, I'd be scared to play App on the road again but would love to have a shot at them on our home turf.

Zoo
July 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm never scared of teams that Iona is favored against, oh wait... they are never favored against anyone so I'm scared against all opponents.... :(

Tillou
July 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
In the Southland Conference I would be scared of Southeastern. Only because you know what to expect from the rest of the teams in the conference. Example would be us with the triple-option. With the type of offense that SLU runs you never know this time of the season if they are goin to be real good or real bad.

TheBisonator
July 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM
If we're only talking about FCS teams, and ones that we're not playing this year, I would say App State, Montana and James Madison. All are tough as hell teams that could easily give us a good beating if we're not careful.

JMU-MRD-DAD
July 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I would say not so much scared, but worried that we may end up with some injuries playing on the road at UNC the first game of the season against a larger team.

I plan to make the trip down for the opening game.

Go Dukes

ngineer
July 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Colgate concerns me the most...We've had their number three years in a row, so statistically the 'odds' are against us; the game will be early November, so weather will certainly be a factor; the last time we visited Andy Kerr, we set a record scoring the most points ever by a visiting team (50), so there will be a revenge factor at play as well. I know Biddle will have them sky high regardless of team records at the time.

proasu89
July 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Furman, Appalachian, and the Citadel. Furman, because we hardly ever beat them even when we beat teams they lose to, App State because they'd play .500 in the ACC, and the Citadel because everyone says they'll be good this year.

TB,

thanks for the props, but I for one am not gonna drink that Kool-Aid. We would win 2 games, maaaaybe 3 games tops in the acc. You, furman, and citadel all on the road will be some serious bullets to dodge.xnodx

Lionsrking
July 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM
With the type of offense that SLU runs you never know this time of the season if they are goin to be real good or real bad.

That's funny...we don't either!!! We're getting away from the Air Raid and running a more traditional type offense. We'll still get in the gun and throw it but you'll also see us in the I-formation with a true TE and we'll feature a more physical style running game. I think we'll be a lot better than last year but it's hard to know for sure until we tee it up for real.

By the way, Nicholls always scares me no matter what the sport due to the blue collar spirit they've embodied through the years, even with teams that weren't the most talented. We may be enemies on the field or on the court but I've always had respect for the people and the culture down on "da bayou!"

BULLDOG8180
July 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Western Carolina and Chattanooga- should win- but historically we struggle on the road.

CopperCat
July 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I'm scared of NAU's vaunted defense......xlolx xlolx xlolx

But honestly, NDSU would top my list. We've played the other top two teams. And MSU probably learned not to fear those two pretty quick.

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Not really scared of anything.. more like worried...

We know how the Ivy is going to play out (likely but please I hope it doesn't).. so what's there to fear....

Worried about Holy Cross... and our own team foremost..

WCU LawCat
July 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Maybe Wofford.....maybe PC. You never know how a team will transition to Division I

ucdtim17
July 28th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Not "scared" of anyone this year - we can beat them all. TCU last year was a different story

TheCatamount
July 28th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Western Carolina and Chattanooga- should win- but historically we struggle on the road.

Yea, someone is scared of usxlolx

Poly Pigskin
July 28th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I'm forever scared of Cal Poly, but I wish we had them on the schedule. You were in Kramer's head, but not Ash's! Not yet anyway. :(

Other than that, I'd be scared to play App on the road again but would love to have a shot at them on our home turf.

I'd love to see MSU back on the schedule (and UM for that matter). I love games against BSC teams, it's too bad you guys don't have more OOC openings because they are always fun to watch.

I'm not going to go so far as to say I'm scared, but NDSU and UCD should be great games. I'd be more scared of NDSU after last years spanking, but we gave them the same treatment the year before that, and this time we won't be playing them at the end of a hellish road trip. Well, actually we will, but at least we'll be at home this time.

carney2
July 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I worry every week, but I'm still in summer mode. Not quite there yet.

Ronbo
July 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM
No one.xsmiley_wix

JALMOND
July 28th, 2007, 11:40 AM
The only game scheduled for us this year that I'm scared is Montana in Missoula. McNeese will be a great game, but its more of a game I'm looking forward to instead of being scared about. Montana in Portland does not scare me, but Montana in Missoula does. Davis in Davis would scare me more than Davis in Portland. EWU is always tough on everyone at Cheney.

GreatAppSt
July 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Wofford this year!xeekx

Seven Would Be Nice
July 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
It doesn't sound like anyone is afraid of GSU this year... good... thats right where we want you...Bwuahaha!! xsmiley_wix :D

ucdtim17
July 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Portland is always big and physical and we got beat up pretty bad last time up there (in one of Grant's several implosion games). The '05 game in Davis is one we could (and should) have won, along with UNH. I think we'll match up physically pretty well this year and a lot will hinge on how our QB performs. It should be a great matchup for week 2

Seawolf97
July 28th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Im not sure scared is the word -but wary of the middle of the season. We have Hofstra, Albany and Richmond on the road then come home to Maine. Need to win at least 2 of those four games against quality teams- that will be tough.

Grizo406
July 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Only three teams have me worried this season...PSU, MSU, and finally, App State in the National Championship game.xlolx xlolx ;)

NDSUFREAK
July 28th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't be scared to play montana AT wa griz if we did play this year. I would obviously go to that game (BY TRAIN!!!) and will be apart of a BISON crowd there that would probably lose all sense of talking after that game to get some noise for the BISON defense.
But on the schedule i would say SHSU or Cal Poly in SLO who would love to beat us bad this year....which they wont. :D

DuckDuckGriz
July 28th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't be scared to play montana AT wa griz if we did play this year. I would obviously go to that game (BY TRAIN!!!) and will be apart of a BISON crowd there that would probably lose all sense of talking after that game to get some noise for the BISON defense.
But on the schedule i would say SHSU or Cal Poly in SLO who would love to beat us bad this year....which they wont. :D

That would be a great game. You can bet that after the last time the Bison came, Wash-Griz would be LOUD!!!!

Walkon79
July 28th, 2007, 04:39 PM
The away games

Weber
PSU
EWU

Our recent history is to TANK on the road. Maybe Ash can turn that around.

813Jag
July 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I'm always nervous about the first game of the season. Also the Tennessee State game because I don't know much about them.

No_Skill
July 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
That would be a great game. You can bet that after the last time the Bison came, Wash-Griz would be LOUD!!!!

My guess is, there won't be a Griz - Bison game in either venue until we meet in the playoffs.

NDSUFREAK
July 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM

I would be disapointed if it wasn't!!!xthumbsupx

Kill'em
July 29th, 2007, 07:28 AM
It doesn't sound like anyone is afraid of GSU this year... good... thats right where we want you...Bwuahaha!! xsmiley_wix :D

It's funny how we are already written off.

skinny_uncle
July 29th, 2007, 07:54 AM
UNI
I'm not scared of their team, but of their Dome. It seems like SIU is jinxed when they go to the Dome. I think the last time we won there was 1983. We've lost something like 10 in a row there.

CID1990
July 29th, 2007, 10:53 AM
It's funny how we are already written off.

You guys are never happy.... you get a stick up the butt when people talk about you, and then you get another stick up the butt when they don't.

If you win more than 6 games this season, then people might be afraid of you next year.

The Gadfly
July 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I gotta weird felling that Furman and JMU might sneek up on us this season. xcoolx

Tilldog40
July 29th, 2007, 12:28 PM
URI always battles NU tough, so I am gonna go with them. They always find a way to keep themselves in the game.

Chi Panther
July 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I would have to say the selection committee, as UNI has never made the playoffs without a Gateway Championship.....

I wonder if our D-Backs fear UND....good thing we don't play them this year.....xsmhx

Kill'em
July 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
You guys are never happy.... you get a stick up the butt when people talk about you, and then you get another stick up the butt when they don't.

If you win more than 6 games this season, then people might be afraid of you next year.

You'd better be afraid of us, this year. Remember, you come to OUR HOUSE. And this year, "he who shall not be named" won't be there to extend the red carpet.

Eaglesrus
July 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM

DEAL!!

already123
July 29th, 2007, 09:50 PM
app on the road

ATrain
July 29th, 2007, 09:55 PM
The only home opponent that scares me is Coastal. On the road its W&M (who has always beaten Liberty) and Gardner-Webb.

Maroons
July 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I scared of any teams that beat us by 3 or more in the turnover differential this year.

AggieFinn
July 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
SJSU will be our toughest game physically on the field, but travelling to Fargo and taking on NDSU will also be a very tough challenge. At Portland State early in the year scares me just a bit, because, one, PSU has historically had the Ags' number, and two, we face a totally different scheme with Elvis and Mouse. The Viks could break wide open, we could break wide open, or both of us could go wide open...then again, we may have a defensive battle that will go into triple overtime. It's a win we need for a potential playoff bid. xcoolx

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/hayley3.jpg

andy7171
July 30th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I have developed a serious fear of MTSU over the last few days. THEY SCAREY!

zilla
July 30th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Presbyterian scares me (our guys don't need to overlook them).

Charleston Southern will be out for blood when we go to their place (11-17).

MR. CHICKEN
July 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
UNTIL AH SEE SOME DEFENSE..........MAH OWN SHADOW.....xeekx...BRAWQ!

BluehenJK
July 30th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I am scared of taking Monmouth too lightly and ending like Albany last year. And for some reason we cant beat Towson.

paytonlives
July 30th, 2007, 09:50 PM
The Griz schedule is simply emBEAR..ass..ing. Nothing to scare them. That makes the playoffs the scary part in Griz ville.

App Attack
July 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I would say not so much scared, but worried that we may end up with some injuries playing on the road at UNC the first game of the season against a larger team.

I plan to make the trip down for the opening game.

Go Dukes

I think you guys have a very good chance of beating Carolina this year. They're going to be horrible.