PDA

View Full Version : Florida State off NCAA banned list

greenG
August 23rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
NCAA clears Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2141197)

The first crack in the wall of ignorance.

HensRock
August 23rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Can you picture a University president saying this:

"I'm ready to play football, start school and have classes begin and all that kind of stuff."

It's good to see that FSU has their priorities in order. Let's review:

play football
start school
have classes begin
all that kind of stuff

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Can you picture a University president saying this:

It's good to see that FSU has their priorities in order. Let's review:

play football
start school
have classes begin
all that kind of stuff

FSU is my most despised program even more so than Penn State. Bowden runs a halfway house down there. It's been a renegade program for the last 15 years and i've been extremely suprised the NCAA hasn't been able to dig up any dirt on them. The only good thing is they're going the way of Penn State i believe. Poppa Bowden seems to be more of figurehead then anything else. The loss of Richt has really put the skids on their once dynamic offense. I'm suprised Mickey Andrews has hung around as long has he has as the DC. Maybe he believes the job will be his once Bowden steps down.

youwouldno
August 24th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Well, I am really shocked. Really and truly. ha.

eagleskins
August 24th, 2005, 01:10 AM
FSU is my most despised program even more so than Penn State. Bowden runs a halfway house down there. It's been a renegade program for the last 15 years and i've been extremely suprised the NCAA hasn't been able to dig up any dirt on them. The only good thing is they're going the way of Penn State i believe. Poppa Bowden seems to be more of figurehead then anything else. The loss of Richt has really put the skids on their once dynamic offense. I'm suprised Mickey Andrews has hung around as long has he has as the DC. Maybe he believes the job will be his once Bowden steps down.

My 2nd most despised behind Ugay.

SpiritCymbal
August 24th, 2005, 02:22 AM
....and i've been extremely suprised the NCAA hasn't been able to dig up any dirt on them.

Or so the Russians would have us all think. I think a more accurate statement would be that the NCAA hasn't publicly found them guilty of any infractions. Or better yet.....the NCAA hasn't punished them for any infractions.

Tribe4SF
August 24th, 2005, 06:00 AM
The NCAA will, hopefully, be in full retreat on this issue soon. They have admitted that their process is flawed and contradicted the public statements and decisions of their own staff and committees.

For them to reverse field within a few weeks, and after years of "exhaustive" study, is indicative of how far off the tracks they are.

Cocky
August 24th, 2005, 07:44 AM
FSU is my most despised program even more so than Penn State. Bowden runs a halfway house down there. It's been a renegade program for the last 15 years and i've been extremely suprised the NCAA hasn't been able to dig up any dirt on them.

Looks similar to Alabama, I would not want to follow Bowden. The next coach won't have the power to keep things under the rug.

It's a shame the NCAA falls one of the schools with the money and power to fight them but continue to abuse the less endowed schools.

greenG
August 24th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Central Michigan to appeal (http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/sports-14/1124899454317710.xml&storylist=newsmichigan)

TheValleyRaider
August 24th, 2005, 04:13 PM
All this, and no one has really been able to explain to me how Florida State calling themselves the Seminoles is offensive to people. "Redskins" I can understand, but Seminoles or Sioux? :confused: Just don't get it.

ngineer
August 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM
The NCAA will, hopefully, be in full retreat on this issue soon. They have admitted that their process is flawed and contradicted the public statements and decisions of their own staff and committees.

For them to reverse field within a few weeks, and after years of "exhaustive" study, is indicative of how far off the tracks they are.

They've taken such a bad PR rap on this issue over the past few weeks, I'm surprised they haven't rescinded the whole thing for 'further review.'

ngineer
August 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Central Michigan to appeal (http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/sports-14/1124899454317710.xml&storylist=newsmichigan)

I would expect their case is as strong as FSU's. The Chippewa Nation has a strong presence in mid-Michigan. I lived in Michigan in the mid-70's and I recall that the "Chips" were supported by the Chippewa. To me it always seemed like a nice acknowledgement of the heritage of that part of the country.