PDA

View Full Version : IT'S 4K CELEBRATION CONTEST TIME!

agsadmin
July 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
IT'S 4K CELEBRATION CONTEST TIME!

AnyGivenSaturday.com has just passed a significant milestone. As of yesterday, AGS has just welcomed it's 4,000 member (McNeeseState311)!!!! It is an honor to be part of such a robust and diverse community of fellow FCS football fanatics.

But you know, slapping ourselves on the back and congratulating one another has never been our collective style, has it? AGS has always been about putting your two cents in and contributing. In that spirit, AGS will mark this momentus occasion by giving back two cents with a contest! 4,000 of them to be exact! That's right, the winner of this contest with get a 4,000 two cent ($80) shopping spree at the AGS Market. Just in time for the fall you will be able to display your love for AnyGivenSaturday.com with pride!

We've put together a fairly challenging FCS trivia contest consisting of 15 questions - one for each of our conferences (Sorry Savannah State and Stony Brook!). Any member may enter once. The member(s) with the most correct answers will qualify for a drawing (if needed) to determine the winner. Be prepared though - this contest is not for the faint of heart. You need to earn your AGS gear!

Simply go to http://www.anygivensaturday.com/contest.php and take the quiz. One entry per member. Members will be disqualified if they give the questions or answers to anyone else in any manner before the winner is announced. For non-members, please do not give the questions or answers to anyone else in any manner before the winner is announced.

The deadline for participation is Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 11:59 p.m. CST.

Have fun and thanks to every AGS community member, now over 4,000 strong!
xthumbsupx xbowx :) xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx xsmoochx xprost2x xpeacex

Go...gate
July 24th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Congrats to AGS!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
July 24th, 2007, 06:18 PM
OK entered. And I get a 100% :)

ISUMatt
July 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
What, Something positive out of you, no way!!! :)

agsadmin
July 24th, 2007, 09:37 PM
What, Something positive out of you, no way!!! :)UNHWILDCATS does a bunch positive for FCS! (where's your entry ISUMatt?) :p

colgate13
July 24th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I'm totally winning this. I was born for trivia!

UNHWildCats
July 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm totally winning this. I was born for trivia!

You better get em all right then and hope you have luck in the random drawing ;)

agsadmin
July 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Don't forget to enter the contest! http://www.anygivensaturday.com/contest.php

buckp
July 25th, 2007, 01:24 PM
WOW!!!! 4000 members and a McNeese fan at that! Reason enough for celebration....xbeerchugx xnodx xhypedx xsmileyclapx xbowx

agsadmin
July 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
WOW!!!! 4000 members and a McNeese fan at that! Reason enough for celebration....xbeerchugx xnodx xhypedx xsmileyclapx xbowxxbeerchugx

Hope you win by playing here http://www.anygivensaturday.com/contest.php

PSUVikings
July 27th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I thought there was more, the bottom of the forum shows 100's of fans online all at once.

agsadmin
July 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I thought there was more, the bottom of the forum shows 100's of fans online all at once.Currently Active Users: 695 (195 members and 500 guests)

(to be exact)

I wonder if they all entered the contest at http://www.anygivensaturday.com/contest.php ??

TheTribeHasSpoken
July 28th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Wait, where do we go to take this quiz?:)

agsadmin
July 31st, 2007, 05:30 PM
one day left.

agsadmin
August 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM
The contest is over and the winner is

HENSROCK!!!!!!!!!

buckp
August 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
How many did he get right? He must know his stuff....xbowx

agsadmin
August 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM
No one got them all right. :)

HensRock
August 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

89Hen
August 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM
WTG ROCK! Way to represent. xthumbsupx

agsadmin
August 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
The contest questions and answers:

1. What Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference school has the most MEAC football conference championships?
South Carolina State, 11

2. What former Southland Conference player received a championship ring from Super Bowl XLI?
McNeese State's Luke Lawton from the Indianapolis Colts

3. How many of the current Colonial Athletic Association teams have appeared in the Division I playoffs?
11, Towson being the only exception

4. Which of the following teams did not at one point called the MAAC-FL home: Duquesne, La Salle, Iona, Marist, St. Peter's, Canisius, Fairfield, Wagner, St. John's, Siena, Georgetown?
Wagner

5. What Pioneer Football League coach became the second-fastest coach to the 200 win plateau?
Mike Kelly at Dayton

6. In the I-AA/FCS era, what has been the greatest margin of victory for the Ivy League's Columbia team?
30, this past fall against Fordham

7. What two-time Northeast Conference Defensive Player of the Year led Sacred Heart to a perfect 11-0 season?
Linebacker Kayode Mayowa

8. In 1996, what Bucknell player broke up Ryan Vena's two-point conversion pass in overtime to secure a 28-27 victory that gave the Bison their only Patriot League Championship to date?
Linebacker Brandon Little

9. What Southwestern Conference head coach is a Hall of Fame member at a Pioneer Football League school?
Southern University's Pete Richardson at Dayton

10. What was the last year a playoff field did not include the Big Sky Conference's University of Montana?

11. Prior to 1995, the Ohio Valley Conference's University of Tennessee at Martin Skyhawks went by what other team nickname?
Pacers

12. Name the Big South Conference team that has won the most conference games?
Gardner-Webb, 13

13. What current Great West Football Conference member has been a part of I-AA/FCS the longest?
Southern Utah, since 1993

14. What year did the Southern Conference join Division I playoff football?

15. Which current Gateway school is the only one to have a player win the Buck Buchanan Award?
Western Illinois

UNHWildCats
August 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
hmmmm what ones did I get wrong??

UNHWildCats
August 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
How many did HensRock get right and was it a tie and then a random drawing?

HensRock
August 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think I might have said that the SoCon joined I-AA in 1981. I can't remember all of my answers, but the rest look somewhat familiar.

(and no I didn't know all of this from the top of my head. I assumed we were able to use any resources available to us - e.g. internet - Even still, some of these were very hard to track down.)

UNHWildCats
August 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think I might have said that the SoCon joined I-AA in 1981. I can't remember all of my answers, but the rest look somewhat familiar.

(and no I didn't know all of this from the top of my head. I assumed we were able to use any resources available to us - e.g. internet - Even still, some of these were very hard to track down.)

Yes I agree they were tough to track down. I wish they would have left the website up though so i could go back and click to see what answers i put cause aside from the SouthCon question I could swear I got the rest right.. wish I could have been able to check though

MR. CHICKEN
August 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
DING! DING!..............DUH WINNER IS UH DELAWARE FAN..............HENSROCK...........xsmoochx...... .BRAWK!