PDA

View Full Version : William Thomas Coaching La Salle

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
If there was any thought the LaSalle was de-emphasizing football, somehow I think this announcement that former Eagle LB William Thomas is joining the coaching staff should dispel some of those rumors.

http://goexplorers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072007aad.html

William Thomas is used to being the most feared player on the defensive side of the football. Now, the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker will be working on putting that fear into La Salle's opponents as he joins the Explorer coaching staff for the 2007 season as a volunteer assistant. Thomas will handle the linebackers along with Coach Terence Archer.

Go...gate
July 25th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I agree with you, LFN. I think LaSalle (like Marist, Iona and Duquesne), sees football as enhancing their school's overall program to students and alumni and worth the investment/expense from a development standpoint. What conference they will end up in is certainly up in the air, but Explorer football will certainly survive.

Player19
July 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
This was something I learned about at the Spring Game but hadn't heard anything so I was waiting for confirmation. He should bring a lot of knowledge to the sidelines. As for which conference the Explorers go to, it seems that they are likely to join the Pioneer. Time will tell...

carney2
July 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
If there was any thought the LaSalle was de-emphasizing football, somehow I think this announcement that former Eagle LB William Thomas is joining the coaching staff should dispel some of those rumors.

I don't believe that many of us believe that LaSalle is de-emphasizing football. We probably believe that Explorer football has reached the point where that is no longer possible. We are looking for news - almost any news - that they have made a move in the other direction. Is this it? Hope springs eternal I guess, but Thomas has signed on as a "volunteer assistant." Looks like a case of resume' padding on one side, and not looking a gift horse in the mouth on the other. It does not give the appearance of having any permanence or long term implications.