PDA

View Full Version : Best Game on Oct 27th and Nov 3rd?

PantherRob82
July 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
It's been a while since I posted. Busy with work. But...I do get a vacation, and hopefully it will involve a FCS game. We're trying to decide where to go and so I want some games to help decide where we're going.

If your team has a great game one one or both of these dates, please post it here.

jmufootball2
July 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
well james madison has 2 games , 27th we have richmond at home for homecoming and we visit delaware the next week. The only problem is you better get tickets early and good luck finding them.

already123
July 24th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Montana @ NAU...Flagstaff, AZ OCT 27,2007
(could have conf title implications)
plus, seeing Montana play is always a plus

Nov 3, NAU plays Montana St. in Bozeman

PantherRob82
July 24th, 2007, 07:11 PM
well james madison has 2 games , 27th we have richmond at home for homecoming and we visit delaware the next week. The only problem is you better get tickets early and good luck finding them.

I know Virginia is a possibility and so is Delaware. Tickets might be hard to find.

TheBisonator
July 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
NDSU hosts Illinois State on Nov. 3. Should be a good indicator of what to expect with home conference games in the future for us. I expect a close, hard-fought game that day.

Cobblestone
July 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
10/27 we will be visiting N.H.

A trip to the White Mountain National Forest during the foliage season will ease the pain of our probable loss to UNH.

Hopefully I'll see less of this... https://www.alumni.unh.edu/connection/images/07_07_06/football2.jpg

And more of this...

http://www.skiwildcat.com/show_image.html?id=457&rand=

GoldandBlack
July 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Southern Conference games of your weeks (IMHO, of course):xrolleyesx

Oct. 27- Appalachian State at Furman (highly entertaining alternate- Georgia Southern at The Citadel)

Nov. 3- Georgia Southern at Wofford

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM
10/27 we will be visiting N.H.

A trip to the White Mountain National Forest during the foliage season will ease the pain of our probable loss to UNH.

I hate to burst your bubble Cobble, but by 10/27 peak foliage will be much farther south than the White Mountains. Most likely south of Durham as well.

Can you make do with:

Cobblestone
July 24th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I hate to burst your bubble Cobble, but by 10/27 peak foliage will be much farther south than the White Mountains. Most likely south of Durham as well.

Can you make do with:

OH YES!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5522&stc=1&d=1185324155xbowx xbowx xbowx

Cobblestone
July 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5523&stc=1&d=1185324168 xbowx xbowx xbowx

Cobblestone
July 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5524&stc=1&d=1185324186 xbowx xbowx xbowx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 24th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I couldn't find a picture of their Head Wall Alt or I would have posted that too!!! I'll have to double check, but I'm not sure Newicks has Tuck's on tap. I'll have to make sure my cooler has a few of each variety! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx And you won't have to twist my arm for a Newick's visit!! xlolx

Johnny5
July 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM
hmmm on the 27th we are coming to the dome....the 3rd we play the trees. You can stay home for the Indiana game.

JALMOND
July 25th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Best game Nov 3---Portland State at Montana. Not saying we will win (haven't won in Missoula yet since we moved to FCS), but we do have a good team, a great chance to see the top 2 teams in the conference (decided by coaches and media), and the opportunity to watch a game at Wash-Griz. Need I say more?

g-webb1994
July 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
GW hosts Charleston Southern on 10/27 for Homecoming, but they just changed game time to 6:30 pm from early afternoon for TV coverage (Sportsouth).

I love the late start for the day-long tailgating festivities, but I hope the late start doesn't cause a poor HC turnout due to late night travel back home afterwards.

If it wasn't HC at G-W, my butt would be in Paladin Stadium for what sure will be a dandy of a game.

UncleSam
July 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM
10/27 - Delaware at Navy

Annapolis and the Naval Academy are great places to visit and the UD/Navy games are normally very good match ups. But get your tickets early, it may be a sellout.

AZGrizFan
July 25th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Montana @ NAU...Flagstaff, AZ OCT 27,2007
(could have conf title implications)
plus, seeing Montana play is always a plus

Nov 3, NAU plays Montana St. in Bozeman

But the BEST part of all is that AZGrizFan will be there, and it'll be a once in a lifetime opportunity to view greatness personified. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

katstrapper
July 25th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Oct 27th, one of the oldest rivalries in Texas College Football, Stephen F Austin vs Sam Houston St in "The Annual Battle of the Piney Woods". You want to see two programs that cant stand each other, come to this one. I promise you wont be disappointed.xthumbsupx

BULLDOG8180
July 25th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Nov. 3rd

App St. Defending National champs (2-time) against the up-and-start Bulldogs of The Citadel.

In beautiful Charleston, SC. Beaches will still be open.

Homecoming festivities- blend in with any of the reunion classes and march out on the field prior to kick-off. Do a few push-ups if you like!

xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Homecoming festivities- blend in with any of the reunion classes and march out on the field prior to kick-off. Do a few push-ups if you like!

xthumbsupx

haha, few being the key word. I think right now we are leaning towards being in the Virginia/Maryland/Delaware area. We will most likely arrive the 28th so we can stay home the 27th to watch UNI continue it's streak against the Penguins. xthumbsupx

We'd like to do Delaware-JMU. Hen fans, will we be able to get tickets?

UncleSam
July 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
haha, few being the key word. I think right now we are leaning towards being in the Virginia/Maryland/Delaware area. We will most likely arrive the 28th so we can stay home the 27th to watch UNI continue it's streak against the Penguins. xthumbsupx

We'd like to do Delaware-JMU. Hen fans, will we be able to get tickets?

You had better get them ASAP,

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/tickets/index.html

in all probability, it will be a sellout.

GannonFan
July 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
You had better get them ASAP,

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/tickets/index.html

in all probability, it will be a sellout.

It'll sell out (I think it's Parent's Day as well - which just means less tickets available then normal - typically 10k seats are available to non-season ticket holders) but that just means you need to buy your tickets a month or two in advance. Single game tickets went on sale at the end of June so you shouldn't have any problem getting tix for the UD/JMU game if you do so in the next few weeks. I'd buy them by the end of August to be certain of getting them, if not earlier.

BearsCountry
July 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Why dont you follow the Putty Cats down to Springfield that weekend? Come vacation in Branson.

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Why dont you follow the Putty Cats down to Springfield that weekend? Come vacation in Branson.

Let's see..Branson or Baltimore/DC/Philly/Hampton Beach and NYC?

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Oct 27th, one of the oldest rivalries in Texas College Football, Stephen F Austin vs Sam Houston St in "The Annual Battle of the Piney Woods". You want to see two programs that cant stand each other, come to this one. I promise you wont be disappointed.xthumbsupx

also a possibility.

SunCoastBlueHen
July 26th, 2007, 02:43 PM
10/27 - Delaware at Navy

Annapolis and the Naval Academy are great places to visit and the UD/Navy games are normally very good match ups. But get your tickets early, it may be a sellout.

I'll second this suggestion. Annapolis is a great town. xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
July 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
NDSU hosts Illinois State on Nov. 3. Should be a good indicator of what to expect with home conference games in the future for us. I expect a close, hard-fought game that day.

I would go to this one, Rob.

NDB
July 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Definitely the best choice.

See if NDSU is all it's cracked up to be against a strong Gateway Conference team. A perfect game to talk about with fellow FBS fans with for years to come:

'NDSU is for real......No wonder they won the National Championship in 2008' OR

'The Bison couldn't hold their own on the field against a Gateway team which UNI beat by 40.....Even with that I can't believe they have yet to win a game in conference in the past two decades even after we added the UXDs in 2017'

At worst you can tailgate with 18,000 new friends outside of the FargoDome-I'm barbecuing chickens. :) As long as there are no anti-Iowa State comments, I'll save a Leinie's for ya.

ngineer
July 26th, 2007, 06:01 PM
If you're into the Catskill Mountains of New York, although the leaves will have already fallen, Lehigh will be visiting Colgate which is always a war. That game is November 3. The week befoe we'll be hosting Georgetown at Goodman. Depending on the weather , the leaves on Old South Mountain could be at their peak, or just beyond. An idyllic setting for a Saturday afternoon .

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2007, 07:42 PM
We're taking a vacation and trying to catch a game, not just going to a game. By those standards, Fargo is the worst. I'll make it to the Fargodome soon enough. :D

fuEMO
July 26th, 2007, 09:42 PM
You can't go wrong with a trip to Greenville in late October. A great game (Furman/APP) and a great town to visit. Stay downtown, you'll love it.

Lionsrking
July 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Southeastern Louisiana at McNeese on October 27th should be a good one.

AZGrizFan
July 27th, 2007, 12:23 AM
We're taking a vacation and trying to catch a game, not just going to a game. By those standards, Fargo is the worst. I'll make it to the Fargodome soon enough. :D

Ouch. Just......ouch. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

catbob
July 27th, 2007, 07:29 AM
PSU @ UM would be good, and Montana is a wonderful place to vacation. :)

T-Dog
July 27th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Furman/App is the game to watch. If the last seven years have taught us anything, then it will be close and something memorable will happen. They should put that on the program.

Plus, Paladin Stadium was the scene of the last FCS loss for App on a blocked FG in the final seconds in 2005.

Plus I'm sure the folks down there are awful sore about 40-7.

TheBisonator
July 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Ouch. Just......ouch. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Yeah, I know... I would definitely say Cedar Falls, Iowa is a worse place to take a "vacation" than Fargo-Moorhead.

SunCoastBlueHen
July 27th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Annapolis...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/147/ANNAP~Annapolis-Maryland-Posters.jpg

http://www.pussers.com/library/images/right_annapolis_deck.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Annapolis_street.jpg

http://www.diversionsinc.com/annapolis.jpg

http://www.defenselink.mil/home/images/photos/2004-11/photoessays/pi20041101c4.jpg

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I know... I would definitely say Cedar Falls, Iowa is a worse place to take a "vacation" than Fargo-Moorhead.

didn't say it wasn't.

asu70
July 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Furman/App is the game to watch. If the last seven years have taught us anything, then it will be close and something memorable will happen. They should put that on the program.

Plus, Paladin Stadium was the scene of the last FCS loss for App on a blocked FG in the final seconds in 2005.

Plus I'm sure the folks down there are awful sore about 40-7.

The Furman/App game could prove to be the game of the year in
the FCS. This game usually comes down to the last play of the game.

JaxSinfonian
July 29th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Nov. 3 will be the last meeting in the foreseeable future between Jacksonville State and Samford. As such, with the series currently tied at 21-21-2, the winner will lay claim to extra bragging rights for a good long while.

The game is at Samford, where the stadium is smallish but kinda nice. Should be packed with Jax State fans, and maybe even a few from Samford. xsmiley_wix

Plus, we might still have some fall foliage hanging around. Not quite as spectacular as what you'd see in more northern climes, but it will at least be on the trees and not the ground.

Saint3333
July 29th, 2007, 10:36 AM
The Furman/App game could prove to be the game of the year in
the FCS. This game usually comes down to the last play of the game.

Without a doubt ASU @ Furman on 10/27/07. Series notes from the ASU media guide:

• Prior to last season’s 40-7 Appalachian rout,
the previous seven games in the series were
decided by a total of just 21 points.
• The winning score has come with 2:42 or less
to play in five of the last eight ASU-FU showdowns,
including three games decided in the
final 35 seconds.
• Both teams have been nationally ranked for
eight of the past 10 meetings. At least one team
has been ranked in every meeting since 1994.
• Appalachian and Furman have put together
the SoCon’s best conference records over the
past five seasons (2002-06). ASU is 29-8 and FU is
27-10 during the five-year stretch.