PDA

View Full Version : All Southland Conference Teams and Rankings

McNeeserocket
July 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
The Southland Conference announced their pre-season all conference teams and rankings today.

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1137210

McNeese was ranked #1 by both coaches and SIDs.

"Preseason favorite McNeese State leads all teams with nine first-team selections on the 2007 Preseason All-Southland Conference football squads and has three on the second unit. Included among the first teamers are reigning SLC Player of the Year Steven Whitehead and 2006 Defensive Player of the Year Bryan Smith."

slycat
July 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM
i feel sfa is too high. they have a great qb but itll be interesting to see if they can put together a good season.

Lionsrking
July 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
i feel sfa is too high. they have a great qb but itll be interesting to see if they can put together a good season.

Personally, I think they're the team to beat. McNeese deserves top billing based on winning it last year but I thought SFA was the best team we played conference wise and they have everything back basically. Plus the two games they lost were by a combined seven points.

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM

As I told my Bearkat friends...

"SFA was tied for second place with SHSU last year and returns the top QB in the league (Danny Southall), strong OL and a good RB in Louie Runnels. Defensively, Damian Perkins is no joke.

SFA will be good and even though we're a bunch of Bearkats, we can't just throw them out to dry. I think 3-1 is a reasonable expectation for Jacks as far as OOC goes..."

patssle
July 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'm on the fence about SFA.

Side 1:

They went 4-7 last year. They lost to the 2 good teams in the SLC, McNeese and Sam Houston. They BARELY beat decent teams NWST and Nicholls. They LOST to Delta State. They have a new coach.

Side 1 Predictions: 4th place finish at best

Side 2:

They went 4-2 in conference last year. They only lost to the 2 best teams in the SLC, McNeese and Sam Houston. They have a great and strong cast returning centered around their QB and RB who are suppose to be good.

Side 2 Predictions: 2nd place finish going to playoffs for the first time is god-knows how long along with McNeese or Sam Houston.

Tillou
July 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
McNeese deserves the top spot since how well they did last year and a lot of returning starters. I think they'll be the team to beat. The rest of the conference is a toss up. I think the conference title will be bewteen 3 teams at the end of the season. Of course it would be great to have 2 teams in the playoffs. It would be great for the conference.