PDA

View Full Version : New FCS Coaches Poll

chattanoogamocs
July 24th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I apologize if this had meen mentioned before on here.

This was at the bottom of a SoCon Rouser article in the today's Chattanooga Times-Free Press...

Iamarino said the SoCon today will officially announce its creation of a coaches-only FCS poll. He said the preseason poll will be released Aug. 20 on a SoCon-constructed Web site.

Elon coach Pete Lembo and Furman coach Bobby Lamb will represent the SoCon in this year's 28-member poll. Lembo, the FCS's vice-president in the American Football Coaches' Association this year, pitched the poll to his peers this summer at an AFCA meeting.

The poll will feature coaches from 14 FCS conferences, and each ballot will be shown on the site every week.

"We wanted the FCS to have a credible, coaches-only poll," Iamarino said. "Every conference will take turns running it, and since we're starting it, we'll take the first year."

To read the full article, which also talks about the Mocs new uniforms and a bunch of mundane SoCon meetings, click below...

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/sports.aspx?articleid=18601&zoneid=6

(I would normally link to mocfans.com because we have express permission to reprint T-FP articles concerning Moc sports, but I was asked by AGS mods to link only to the T-FP site. :))

catamount man
July 24th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks for posting that. Good stuff. Can't wait to see your unis.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 24th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Very interesting. This might end up being another good poll for the playoff committee to bring into those meetings (as well as the GPI of course).

*looks around for blukeys* :D