PDA

View Full Version : Is Lance Kriesien a good QB?

Jacks76
July 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
This is NAU's 2007 1st string QB (apparently). How good is Lance Kriesien? Does he compare favorably with other Lumberjack standouts of years past, such as Jeff Lewis, Travis Brown, Preston Parsons and Jason Murrietta?

They say that he has an NFL body and an accurate arm, but he doesn't have much game experience (despite learning from Jason Murrietta over the past couple of years).

Paul

Jacks76
July 23rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Just curious, because he doesn't have much game experience.

Paul

IaaScribe
July 23rd, 2007, 06:53 PM
One of the last guys I remember from covering NAU a few years back ... he was pretty well regarded coming out of high school in Louisiana, I think. Or maybe it was east Texas. But he always seemed like he was going to be a career backup. Then again, so did Preston Parsons, so you never know. Parsons ended up making some scratch carrying a clipboard for the Cardinals.

McNeese75
July 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
One of the last guys I remember from covering NAU a few years back ... he was pretty well regarded coming out of high school in Louisiana, I think. Or maybe it was east Texas. But he always seemed like he was going to be a career backup. Then again, so did Preston Parsons, so you never know. Parsons ended up making some scratch carrying a clipboard for the Cardinals.

Louisiana xconfusedx Never heard of him (I guess it was Texas) :)

CopperCat
July 23rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Just curious, because he doesn't have much game experience.

Paul

The answer to your question isn't one that any of us can answer. Somebody who saw the guy in spring ball could give at least an educated answer. Until we see the guy in a game situation, there is no real way of knowing everything.

Jacks76
July 24th, 2007, 09:35 AM
He's played very little from what I've seen. Not a lot of game experience.

Paul

AZGrizFan
July 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
You certainly won't find out in practice, as he tries to evade that "vaunted" NAU pass rush. xeyebrowx

Jacks76
July 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
In the few games that Lance has seen action, he has good speed and mobility, he's quite accurate on his passes and he has an NFL-ready arm. I like NAU's chances when they start Big Sky play, although they won't defeat Montana this year, or App St.

Paul

already123
July 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Just got done doing some research....

Kriesien put up some good numbers in HS on a below average team...considered McNeese and SHSU (My guess is that after seeing NAU handle both of those teams quite handily, he chose what seemed like greener pastures)

I've seen Kriesien and Norton this past spring as well as one game at QB in the fall (Dixie)...Kriesien looked better than Norton and earned the job going into camp. The game against Dixe might be a bit skewed because they were so bad but he made good throws and decisions.

He comes off as one of those guys that has a lot of potential...

Jacks76
July 25th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Is he a Junior this year? The website lists him as a Soph.

Paul

Jacks76
July 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Just got done doing some research....

Kriesien put up some good numbers in HS on a below average team...considered McNeese and SHSU (My guess is that after seeing NAU handle both of those teams quite handily, he chose what seemed like greener pastures)

I've seen Kriesien and Norton this past spring as well as one game at QB in the fall (Dixie)...Kriesien looked better than Norton and earned the job going into camp. The game against Dixe might be a bit skewed because they were so bad but he made good throws and decisions.

He comes off as one of those guys that has a lot of potential...

But potential does not equate to being a good QB (or RB, HB, WR, etc.) I'm sure Lance is good, but he hasn't played much. This is no substitute for in-game experience, especially in college football.

Paul

already123
July 26th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Plenty of QBs entered their first year starting on fire....not saying he is the answer to all of NAUs problems, but he'll do fine IMO.