PDA

View Full Version : Kids' Clubs & Other Family Friendly Things Your School Does

Fordham
August 23rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
I saw recently that Villanova has a kids club (Cat Pack) and was wondering who else's athletic dept. has marketed to your kids.

also, what else do they do on game day (or otherwise) to make it a family friendly atmosphere?

89Hen
August 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Family four packs have become common at many of the A10 venues. UD's been doing them for a while and that is the season ticket package that I buy. I can get four seats for the entire year for $175 total. Fantastic deal and the older folks love seeing kids at the game (as do I). I started bringing my kids three years ago when they were 6 and 4.

colgate13
August 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Colgate's supposedly doing some more things this fall under the new AD Roach. If it's anything groundbreaking, I'll be sure to report it, but I think it's mostly under the "fun things for kids to do" area.

Eagle_77
August 23rd, 2005, 01:59 PM
GSU has the Subway Family Plan which is $50 per person for season tickets but you have to buy 3 or more tickets to get the deal. On family weekend we usually have activities and games set up for the children and this year following the game we will be having Fire Works.

grizbeer
August 23rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
Montana doesn't really do anything as far as the football tickets for the kids - all tickets are the same price, no child pricing. The players and coaches do get out a lot, though, visiting schools and youth sports teams, for example.

Some former players have put together a program so season ticket holders can donate game tickets and these will be used for poor kids to go to games. Also this year the cheer squad has a program where kids can sign up to go on the field and cheer during 1/2 time of the SD State game, and parents can buy discounted to tickets to that game as well.

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
We have the puppy-pound :D

Looking over the schedule, there are a couple of things that the Athletic Dept. has done to create more interest for home games. Here are our 'themed' games:

9/17/2004 Delaware State Duke Club Day
10/8/2004 Maine Family Weekend
10/29/2004 Richmond Homecoming
11/19/2004 Towson Take a Kid to the Game Day

citdog
August 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
We offer free hazing to the first 2,000 youngsters through the gate. ;)

89Hen
August 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM
9/17/2004 Delaware State Duke Club Day
Kinda racial to give out clubs when you play DelSt isn't it? :confused: ;)

Eagle_77
August 23rd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Also we have it were local area kids can be the tee person for the day. After every kickoff they run on the field and get the tee. They LOVE it.

And every year the local rec department puts on a half time show where they have 2 rec teams at each end of the field playing two different games. They dont play a whole game but it is a dream come true for these little guys to play in front of 15-18K.

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
:D

89rabbit
August 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Jr. Jacks, my son has been a member since he was born (a little over 3 years now).

http://www3.sdstate.edu/athletics/spiritgroups/JuniorJacks/Index.cfm

As a member of the Jr. Jacks you will receive:
* Membership Card with your name on it
* Free admission to all regular season home athletic events during the 2005-06 school year
* Official Junior Jacks Club T-shirt
* Birthday card from the Rabbit
* A chance to be introduced with the Jacks at home athletic events
* Invites to special events
* Jackrabbit Fun Zone at football games and select basketball games

All for $35 bucks not a bad deal

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/3346.jpg http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/3347.jpg http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/3348.jpg

Jackrabbit Fun Zone for Kids in the "Backyard" (the tailgaing area north of the Stadium)

blueballs
August 23rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
GSU also has their "Junior Eagle Club," and the 9/24 home date against UTC is "Junior Eagle Day" at Paulson.

Here is what membership entails:

Georgia Southern Athletics is proud to announce the launch of the Junior Eagle Club, an organization for Eagle fans up to the 8th grade (per NCAA regulations).
Parents can sign up their children for just $15.00 for the 2005-06 season. All kids will receive an official membership card, a GSU backpack, a “Go Eagles!” wristband, complimentary admission to select GSU sporting events, the club’s e-newsletter, birthday surprise from GUS, and inclusion to various Junior Eagle Club events, including clinics and autograph sessions with Eagle student-athletes.

"The Junior Eagle Club provides a terrific way for families to spend time together enjoying GSU games and events," said Athletics Marketing Director Ricky Ray. "We feel that this is a great opportunity to cultivate Georgia Southern fans at an early age."

The membership drive begins this week and runs throughout the 2005-06 season. Fans can click here to sign up. For more information, contact Amber Crouch at 912-681-0051.

Benefits Include:
* Membership Card
* GSU Backpack
* Free Admission to Select GSU Events
* Birthday Surprise from GUS
* Meet and Greet coaches and student-athletes
* "Go Eagles!" Wristband
* Exclusive Junior Eagle Club Events
* The Club's E-Newsletter

bisonguy
August 23rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
NDSU has the Junior Bison Club:

Junior Bison Club
The best way to get your son or daughter (age 13 or younger) involved with NDSU Athletics is the Junior Bison Club. Membership in the Junior Bison Club includes free admission to all regular-season athletic events, a T-shirt, membership card, newsletter, and special "Meet the Team" events for only $25!

and also has a family four-pack:

Northtown Grill Family Pack
A great value your whole family will enjoy. This package includes four general admission tickets (maximum of two adults) for all six home football games, plus two $10 gift cards from the Northtown Grill, all for $120!

General Admission seats are normally $12 for adults (homecoming $14), and $5 for kids, so that's a value of $208 in tickets, plus $20 of food at the Northtown Grill for the low price of only $120 :eek:

blukeys
August 23rd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Family four packs have become common at many of the A10 venues. UD's been doing them for a while and that is the season ticket package that I buy. I can get four seats for the entire year for $175 total. Fantastic deal and the older folks love seeing kids at the game (as do I). I started bringing my kids three years ago when they were 6 and 4.

Count me in as one of those "older folks" who loves seeing the kids there. :D :D Of course I began taking my son when he was 3.

Gamecocks99
August 23rd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Jacksonville State University has this year:

Sat 9/10/2005 vs UT-Chattanooga (Band Day) Paul Snow Stadium 6:00 PM

Sat 10/15/2005 vs *UT-Martin (Hall of Fame/Preview & Family Day) Paul Snow Stadium 4:00 PM

Sat 10/29/2005 vs *Tennessee Tech (Homecoming) Paul Snow Stadium 4:00 PM
Too many activies to list

In the past JSU has had a day for the Boy and Girl Scouts as-well.

MR. CHICKEN
August 23rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
TUBBY FIELD....HAS DUH "HEN ZONE"..............JUGGLIN' CLOWNS.....YOU-DEE....FACE PAINTIN'........AIR MATTRESS'S........TRINKETS & GIVE AWAYS.......AN'.....HOT MOMMIES!!!!.....:nod::nod:.....COCK-UH-DOODLE-DOOOO!

Doo Cane 4 ever
August 23rd, 2005, 09:43 PM
At Duquesne kids get in for $2.00 if they wear their pee wee league football shirt. Also when we see kids passing the tailgating area we will give out free thunderstix, cowbells, balloons and streamers. Apart from that the big day is homecoming when there are numerous games and stalls set up around campus - facepainting for the kids and photos with the mascot etc.
Could be better - but we try !!!! :rolleyes: