DetroitFlyer
July 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
9/1/07 Drake at Illinois State
9/1/07 Jacksonville at Bethune-Cookman
9/8/07 Jacksonville at Gardner Webb
9/15/07 Northern Colorada at San Diego
9/22/07 Dayton at Fordham
9/22/07 Northern Iowa at Drake
11/17/07 Morehead State at Western Kentucky,( FBS Transitional Team )
11/17/07 San Diego at UC Davis

Possible wins for the PFL? I think that if Kerwin Bell lives up the the hype in Jacksonville, JU just might defeat both Bethune-Cookman and Gardner Webb. San Diego should defeat Northern Colorado. Dayton has a good chance of defeating Fordham. San Diego also has a decent chance of defeating UC Davis. Maybe the PFL goes "Ofer" in these games, but it is nice to see games against teams from "traditional / scholarship" FCS conferences.

Other "interesting" matchups are with NEC schools:

9/1/07 Dayton at Robert Morris
9/8/07 Morehead State at Saint Francis
9/22/07 Robert Morris at Morehead State
11/17/07 Wagner at Jacksonville

My "prediction" for these games? Evenly matched, PFL 2 wins, NEC 2 wins. Too close to call the individual games.

Yeah, and before you all start to bash the poor ole PFL, I already know the exact percentage of games we play against non-division I teams! I'll save you the trouble, 4 games against Division III, 7 games against NAIA, and 7 games against Division II. ( 21% ).

Franks Tanks
July 19th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Possible wins for the PFL? I think that if Kerwin Bell lives up the the hype in Jacksonville, JU just might defeat both Bethune-Cookman and Gardner Webb. San Diego should defeat Northern Colorado. Dayton has a good chance of defeating Fordham. San Diego also has a decent chance of defeating UC Davis. Maybe the PFL goes "Ofer" in these games, but it is nice to see games against teams from "traditional / scholarship" FCS conferences.

My "prediction" for these games? Evenly matched, PFL 2 wins, NEC 2 wins. Too close to call the individual games.

Yeah, and before you all start to bash the poor ole PFL, I already know the exact percentage of games we play against non-division I teams! I'll save you the trouble, 4 games against Division III, 7 games against NAIA, and 7 games against Division II. ( 21% ).

Who is this Kerwin Bell fellow at Jacksonville?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Who is this Kerwin Bell fellow at Jacksonville?

Do you mean Kerwin Bell, head coach of the Jacksonville Dolphins? Or Kerwin Bell of the... Orlando Thunder?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1871/bell.jpg

DetroitFlyer
July 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM
http://judolphins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bell_kerwin00.html

New head coach. Seems to be attracting higher level recruits to JU than in the past. Starting up a JV team. Helping to raise money for a new stadium. Maybe a more refined Jim Harbaugh if you will. Could do some VERY good things at JU. Will it kick in this year? Maybe too soon, but e shall see....

Lehigh Football Nation
July 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM

If Jacksonville beats B-CC AND G-Webb, I'll eat a Dolphin sandwich.

http://www.cvcoffee.com/prod_images_large/Bumble-Bee-Tuna-Large1.jpg

rmutv
July 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM

I don't see the PFL winning any of the non-NEC matchups.

Morehead State will beat St. Francis. Jacksonville will beat Wagner.

Dayton and Morehead State versus Robert Morris is a toss-up. Robert Morris probably beats Dayton, since that one is at Bobby Mo. Robert Morris probably sneaks by Morehead State on the road in Kentucky by seven.

lucchesicourt
July 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
USD has little chance of defeating UCD at home. UCD is adding schollies every year now, so we should only be getting better.

Kosty
July 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
http://judolphins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bell_kerwin00.html

New head coach. Seems to be attracting higher level recruits to JU than in the past. Starting up a JV team. Helping to raise money for a new stadium. Maybe a more refined Jim Harbaugh if you will. Could do some VERY good things at JU. Will it kick in this year? Maybe too soon, but e shall see....

They are actually the same guy........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerwin_Bell

DetroitFlyer
July 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
San Diego has the advantage of having played there last year, and playing a close game. If Harbaugh were still around, I would say USD wins this time around. With a new coach, we will have to see how USD responds. USD still has the talent, I just do not know yet if the new coach can match up to Jimbo.

In fact, the PFL should be interesting this season. USD, Drake and JU all have new coaches. How will each team respond? MSU and Dayton are coming off unusually poor seasons. Is it the beginning of a trend or an abberation? Davidson was looking good last year and could build on that success. Butler has shown some signs of life and is promising to "Bring Back the Bark" in 2007! Only Valpo seems to be a lock, for the cellar again. USD has to be favored until proven otherwise. I would place Drake solidly in second again until proven otherwise. I think that Davidson could actually contend for the PFL crown! JU appears to be working hard to improve. Maybe the new coach will be just the catalyst they need. MSU and Dayton are perhaps the most interesting teams. Can either rebound from last year's dismal performance? If USD and Drake falter, can a MSU or Dayton step up to challenge a Davidson? Will Butler win a few PFL games this season? Can Valpo avoid the basement?

Can't wait until the Flyers kick it off in Moon Township, PA on 9/1/07!

AggieFinn
July 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
San Diego has the advantage of having played there last year, and playing a close game. If Harbaugh were still around, I would say USD wins this time around. With a new coach, we will have to see how USD responds. USD still has the talent, I just do not know yet if the new coach can match up to Jimbo.

JJ & Co. will be an interesting matchup in Davis this season. Sochor Field is a place to pass and fly around, it should be a good environment for San Diego to play well. If this game were earlier in the year, I'd say USD would have a better shot because our DB's are pretty young, but by seasons end I see lights out on the Toreros. Side note: I hope Harbaugh can turn Stanfurd around. Stanfurd's got 8 out of 12 games at home???!!! Wow, how'd that work out!

PMB4Life
July 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I'd imagine Jim Harbaugh swung a few games with the likes of Azusa Pacific and Dixie State.:D

Flyer Gramps
July 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I sure hope the PFL doesn't go "Ofer" in these games. If that happens, they won't give us the time of day around here, Detroit Flyer!

BTW, what time zone is New Hampshire in?

DetroitFlyer
July 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I also hope that the PFL wins some of the games against the traditional / scholarship FCS teams. My best bets would be Dayton defeating Fordham and San Diego defeating Northern Colorado. Let's hope I hit both of those predictions and there are a couple of surprises in the rest of the games!!

OLDLCOACH111
July 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM

Not happening....xeyebrowx