PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern to have six TV appearances

CSN-info
July 18th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Eagles to have six TV appearances
Macon Telegraph - Macon,GA,USA
... Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast will carry three of Georgia Southern's home games. SportSouth will also broadcast three games, two as part of the Southern Conference's television package and the Coastal Carolina game as part of the Big South Conference television deal.
http://www.macon.com/168/story/90833.html

ButlerGSU
July 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Glad to see a few road games will be carried.

GSU Just One More Time
July 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I don't see on anyone's list the GSU/ App St. Game. Is no one going to have that game?

GaSouthern
July 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I expect the Appy and Colorado St. game to get picked up by local television!

CID1990
July 18th, 2007, 06:29 PM
It's going to be embarrassing to lose all those games on TV.

Kill'em
July 18th, 2007, 09:18 PM

xnonono2x Buy books, buy books, send them to school...

AND STILL THEY WON'T LEARN. xnonono2x

ButlerGSU
July 19th, 2007, 07:13 AM

A Citadel fan certainly would know what it feels like to lose...xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

NoSpinZone
July 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
A Citadel fan certainly would know what it feels like to lose...xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You guys got a good lesson last year.

blueballs
July 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM

We'll see... let's earmark this post and come back to it in about 3 months.

sceagle
July 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Adorable. The dad finally let's the son win one and now he thinks he can take the old man whenever he wants. Looks like daddy is going to have to put the little boy in his place.

Laserlips
July 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
You guys got a good lesson last year.

NoSpinZone:

And precisely what would the win/loss ratio be between the mighty Citidel and GSU the past 10-15 years? I mean, has the Citadel been whipping GSU on an annual basis?

Thanks!

J. Pomeroy

SoCon48
July 20th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Eagles to have six TV appearances
Macon Telegraph - Macon,GA,USA
... Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast will carry three of Georgia Southern's home games. SportSouth will also broadcast three games, two as part of the Southern Conference's television package and the Coastal Carolina game as part of the Big South Conference television deal.
http://www.macon.com/168/story/90833.html

Don't you think it odd that one of the closest games of the year in the SoCon last season was GSU vs ASU, yet neither the SoCon nor the two schools chose to give it a broadcast?
ASU is not willing to pay for a CSS broadcast on its own primarily because CSS is not available in much of ASU's area. Same reason ASU and WCU don't carry their rivalry game.

Kill'em
July 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Something tells me the game will be picked up. This is too big a game not to televise it.

I don't get Comcast, either.

dogfan1987
July 20th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Why do we think the GSU game and the ASU game should be televised?

Unless GSU brings in another crop of transfers this game will not be close. And based on the past history of the program, I don't see the admin. letting Hatcher bring in a bunch of hired guns.

SoCon48
July 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
GSU even with its problems last year played App the closest of any team they faced in reg season FCS or the play-offs. Overtime. Can't help but think GSU will be improved and a real threat to App again.
Advantage this year is that the game will be in Boone.

seantaylor
July 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Unless GSU brings in another crop of transfers this game will not be close. And based on the past history of the program, I don't see the admin. letting Hatcher bring in a bunch of hired guns.

Sure thing. ASU has been on top for a WHOLE 2 years, and GSU won't play them close? GSU wins last year going away if Van Gorder is not the coach. I expect a battle this year.

seantaylor
July 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM

Those transfers were what lost us the game. If Sewak is coaching, or Foster plays QB last year, we beat Appy that game easily.

KJ Eagle
July 20th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Those transfers were what lost us the game. If Sewak is coaching, or Foster plays QB last year, we beat Appy that game easily.

Van Goober is what lost us the game, not the transfers. xbawlingx

We'll see about this year. I just wish it were back in the 'Boro.

catamount man
July 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Don't you think it odd that one of the closest games of the year in the SoCon last season was GSU vs ASU, yet neither the SoCon nor the two schools chose to give it a broadcast?
ASU is not willing to pay for a CSS broadcast on its own primarily because CSS is not available in much of ASU's area. Same reason ASU and WCU don't carry their rivalry game.

WCU-ASU 2005 was on CSS.xthumbsupx

seantaylor
July 21st, 2007, 12:13 AM
Van Goober is what lost us the game, not the transfers. xbawlingx

We'll see about this year. I just wish it were back in the 'Boro.

I agree. But Van Douche brought in those transfers and started them when they were not the best at the position. Daniels and Jackson being the exceptions.

Kill'em
July 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM

You seriously under-estimate the talent we have. This is an embarassed team with something to prove. This will be a close game.

By the way, if ESPN has a dream match-up for the FCS Finals, I guarantee it would be Appalachian St-Georgia Southern.