CB Ricky Wilson,5-10, 180, Sr.,Northern Arizona
S Torrey Thomas*, 6-0, 180, Sr., Montana
S Colt Anderson*, 5-10, 185, Jr., Montana
P Dan Zeidman, 6-1, 205, Sr., Idaho State
ST Kenneth Mackins, 6-0,185, Sr., Portland State

2007 Football Preseason
All-Conference Team

2007 Preseason All-Conference Team - July 16

OGDEN, Utah (July 16, 2007 ) - The Big Sky Conference unveiled its preseason All-Conference football team during the Summer Kickoff in Park City, Utah.

Selected members of the Big Sky Conference media voted for the squad, which features 13 players who were selected to the 2006 All-Conference First Team.

Nine-time defending Big Sky champion Montana placed nine players on the team, led by senior All-American defensive end Kroy Biermann, who was one of seven unanimous picks. Grizzlies joining Biermann on the squad include junior quarterback Cole Bergquist, senior running back Lex Hilliard, senior offensive tackle Cody Balogh, senior wide receiver Eric Allen, senior kicker Dan Carpenter, senior linebacker Tyler Joyce, and safeties Torrey Thomas and Colt Anderson.

Hilliard, a two-time All-Big Sky running back, missed the entire 2006 season with an injury. The 6-foot, 228-pounder from Kalispell, Mont., has rushed for 2,884 yards and 34 touchdowns in his career.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/article.asp?articleid=86460

laxVik
July 17th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Would you like a mirror?

Ronbo
July 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
No but some rings, plaques, and trophies will suffice.

I Bleed Purple
July 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I predict there will be a repeat rushing champion, so the final Big Sky RB won't be the preseason Big Sky RB.

Zoo
July 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
No but some rings, plaques, and trophies will suffice.

Don't guys have enough of them? xlolx

already123
July 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Good Selections overall. I agree with almost all except for The 1st team QB selection....but who else would it be? Picked by default....

Looks like the Lumberjacks will have the best Secondary in the BSC

DuckDuckGriz
July 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Good Selections overall. I agree with almost all except for The 1st team QB selection....but who else would it be? Picked by default....

Looks like the Lumberjacks will have the best Secondary in the BSC

I definetly agree with you there. I think Brian White or Jimmy Barnes could be put in front of Berquist, who is not bad, but certainly hasn't positioned himself at the top.

Casey_Orourke
July 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Something else to feed that Montana "we're better than you" ego (almost as bad as the Texas ego). However, nothing last forever. No matter how good you are, there is always somebody better.

Montana and its fans would do well to remember this, because someday they might find themselves in the Big Sky basement and they will have to suffer the same ridicule and insults they are currently heaping on the other teams now.

DuckDuckGriz
July 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Something else to feed that Montana "we're better than you" ego. However, nothing last forever. No matter how good you are, there is always somebody better.

Montana and its fans would do well to remember this, because someday they might find themselves in the Big Sky basement and they will have to suffer the same ridicule and insults they are currently heaping on the other teams now.

Like what? Any experience on the board would tell you that Griz fans have done nothing but defend the rest of the Big Sky to FCS as being "Montana and the rest..."

And besides: "You started it!" xlolx

Casey_Orourke
July 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Like what? Any experience on the board would tell you that Griz fans have done nothing but defend the rest of the Big Sky to FCS as being "Montana and the rest..."

And besides: "You started it!" xlolx

"Montana and the rest..." That is exactly my point. I for one begin to lose interest in sports where there always seems to be a perrenial champion. I would hate to see my interest in FCS football go the way my interest has in FBS football, D-1 basketball and professional sports where the same teams are always seen, but if current trends persist FCS will soon be added to my list.

DuckDuckGriz
July 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
"Montana and the rest..." That is exactly my point. I for one begin to lose interest in sports where there always seems to be a perrenial champion. I would hate to see my interest in FCS football go the way my interest has in FBS football, D-1 basketball and professional sports where the same teams are always seen, but if current trends persist FCS will soon be added to my list.

Ok....Sorry....? xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
July 17th, 2007, 11:23 PM

xviolinx xviolinx

xgiveadamnx

Go watch poker on ESPN for all I care, they have different people in contention every year, right? I think that "sport" would be better suited to your pansy mentality.