PDA

View Full Version : Top 30 FBS to FCS transfers?

Smendy
July 16th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Saw this in todays draft blog at draftdaddy.com

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

My random Comments:

1) No way I would rank Jimmy Barnes over Mike Hamilton. That's insane, perhaps? Hamilton was on pace to shatter the 1,000 yard mark by wide margin last season, until Savage started playing like a total freak.....Hamilton proved he could cut it in the Big 12, while Barnes is still a just a former high school star, until proven otherwise.

2) Talley may make a difference at Delaware, but he was vastly overrated at N.D -- check his 2 year sack totals, I think it was 0.5 total?

3) Paul Backowski should be rated a bit higher......He actually started a little for the Buffs and was a great all-around athlete in high school. He's clearly a FBS caliber starter.

4) I'm not sure if Cade Thompson will ever start at T-Martin....I forget the kids name (Greg Preston?), he had a great 2006 season and I don't see him regressing. At the very least, Thompson will be part of a platoon.

5) They should've placed one of the 2 top Appalachian State transfers in the top dozen....With Tharrington and Cory Lynch leading the way, the defense will be beastly xnodx

Ronbo
July 16th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Vandenberg! Can you say athlete? Should step right in at Corner on an already loaded defense.

Mike Vandenberg (http://www.hotshotsvideo.com/media/hotshots-football_DSL.wmv)

slostang
July 16th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Vandenberg! Can you say athlete? Should step right in at Corner on an already loaded defense.

Mike Vandenberg (http://www.hotshotsvideo.com/media/hotshots-football_DSL.wmv)

Ronbo, has Vandenberg committed to Montana? If so, he looks like a great pick up.

Smendy
July 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Nice video find, Ronbo.....Any Grizz' fans know how fast Vadenberg runs?

Tuff Harris was like a 4.6 prospect and he still played well enough to get an N.F.L. contract....I'm thinking Vandenberg looks much faster?

GrizzlyEdd
July 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Awesome video ronbo. Will be exciting to watch this young man at WGS in the coming years...

Ronbo
July 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Nice video find, Ronbo.....Any Grizz' fans know how fast Vadenberg runs?

Tuff Harris was like a 4.6 prospect and he still played well enough to get an N.F.L. contract....I'm thinking Vandenberg looks much faster?

Tuff ran a 4.5 for scouts and ran a 10.6 100 meter in HS.

A New Mexico fan said Vanderberg runs in the 4.4's.

jstate83
July 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hard to tell who will be our starting QB this year.
It will be interesting to see who comes out on top:
Miss. St. Transfer Trey Rutland or last years started Jimmy Oliver.

Oliver admitted last year his biggest adjustment comming from JR College to FCS was the speed.
Linebackers and DE's that he would beat to the corner in JR College was dragging him down in the back field before he even made the cut to the corner in FCS.xnodx
He came on towards the end of the year.xnodx

Coaches are high on both.xnodx
Hope we don't go to a bullshat 2 QB system this year cause the 3rd QB recruited out of Florida is pretty good also.xnodx

YoUDeeMan
July 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Talley is looking good in practice. With a healthy Marcorelle on the other end, Talley will be getting into the backfield often.

Jonathan Smith is a physical beast with a motor - an awesome athlete. His teammates are raving about his physical abilities. If Smith can get the mental part of the system down, he will do a LOT of damage.

Butler has very quick feet and speed to burn - a nice compliment to our other two backs.

All three are good additions to the Blue Hens.

MplsBison
July 16th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hope we don't go to a bullshat 2 QB system this year

What were those idiots at UF thinking last season?

jstate83
July 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM
What were those idiots at UF thinking last season?

Hey................Byotch boy BSBISON.
See you back in your mothers basement looking for anything BLACK to take a swipe at.
Amazing how you "zeroed in" on the only HBCU poster in this thread. xnodx
I know Florida won it using a 2 QB system.

Do you have any friends or a girl. xlolx
You got a lot of pent up annoyance in you.

Keep following me around and I'll really show you the meaning of troll idiot. xcoffeex

already123
July 16th, 2007, 03:52 PM
hey, can someone REPOST the link, it doesnt seem to be workin on my computer. Thanks!xthumbsupx

MplsBison
July 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I know Florida won it using a 2 QB system.

So when you were calling the system that won the NC bull"shat", what you really meant was...?

Ronbo
July 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
hey, can someone REPOST the link, it doesnt seem to be workin on my computer. Thanks!xthumbsupx

Real Media Format

http://www.hotshotsvideo.com/media/hotshots-football_DSL.ram

56K Windows Media

http://www.hotshotsvideo.com/media/hotshots-football_56.wmv

56K Real Media

http://www.hotshotsvideo.com/media/hotshots-football_56.ram

jstate83
July 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
So when you were calling the system that won the NC bull"shat", what you really meant was...?

BULLSHATBISON.......................Go back to your dark room and finish jacking off.xnodx
Your hand misses you. xeekx

And before people point the finger at good ole JSTATE83, I just came in here and made a comment about my team and guess who showed up.

David Dukes nephew BULLSHATBISON.

patssle
July 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM
the blog dosn't work....

without reading it, I'd have to wonder, where is Bomar ranked? Coming from a national powerhouse top tier football program, its hard to get above him.

Smendy
July 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Tuff ran a 4.5 for scouts and ran a 10.6 100 meter in HS.

A New Mexico fan said Vanderberg runs in the 4.4's.

Thanks for the info Ronbo, looking forward to following his progress xnodx

Patssle, I should've cut and pasted it here (if I know the site would crash), but I think it "only" included players that attended FBS schools in the fall of 2006.

ucdtim17
July 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Talley would be starting at ND this year. He'll be good. But then again, there are probably 20 DT's in FCS who would start for ND this year

Weems
July 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
4) I'm not sure if Cade Thompson will ever start at T-Martin....I forget the kids name (Greg Preston?), he had a great 2006 season and I don't see him regressing. At the very least, Thompson will be part of a platoon.

Is it hard to hand the ball off to one of the best runningbacks?? lol. I think Cade will do much more on the offensive side.

Bearkats94
July 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
the blog dosn't work....

without reading it, I'd have to wonder, where is Bomar ranked? Coming from a national powerhouse top tier football program, its hard to get above him.

Don't forget Chris Brown to from UT.

Bobcat in NC
July 17th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Funny to see Sean Norton's name on that list...

xoopsx

Lehigh Football Nation
July 17th, 2007, 08:54 AM
May as well use this thread to list all sorts of transfers, not just the ones listed in this guy's blog.

QB Rhett Bomar (Oklahoma) to Sam Houston State
OG J.D. Quinn (Oklahoma) to Montana
OG Marshall Ausberry (Virginia) to Liberty
FB Nate Greiving (Iowa) to Penn
DE Josh Neubert (Boston College) to Penn
LB Vince Redd (Virginia) to Liberty

Ronbo
July 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Funny to see Sean Norton's name on that list...

xoopsx

That blog was probably written before he quit.

patssle
July 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM
DE Chris Brown (University of Texas) to Sam Houston State

He came from the national championship team.

Tribe4SF
July 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
S Robert Livingston from Western Michigan to William and Mary.

Smendy
July 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM
A few names they either missed, or excluded because they cut it off at 30:

Neal Jones, D-Line Indiana University, going to Georgia Southern

Robert Livingston, S Western Michigan, going to William & Mary

Mike McCoy, CB University of Kansas, going to Stony Brook

ncbears
July 17th, 2007, 03:20 PM
CB Jamathan Lyle is going to play at UNC. He redshirted last season at Wisc. Prep bio per uncbears.com

High School: Was an honorable mention All-State selection at Boulder... Among top 50 cornerbacks nationally according to ESPN.com and among top 75 CBs in the country according to Scout.com... No. 15 player in Colorado according to Rivals.com... First-Team all-conference DB and Second-Team all-conference kick returner... Made 33 tackles (including two QB sacks), three interceptions and 17 pass breakups as a senior... Team captain as junior and senior... Football and track & field letterwinner... Earned Boulder's "Ignite Your Potential" Student Academic Achievement Award three times (2002-04).

slostang
July 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Tony Smith is transfering to Cal Poly from the University of Utah. Smith was a QB and DB in high school and was moved to WR at Utah. He will be a redshirt freshman this season. I am not sure were he will play at Cal Poly.

Here is his bio from the University of Utah website:
http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_tony00.html

Kill'em
July 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hamilton has the potential to be a good one, based on what he did at OSU but no one has seen him play yet.

One more I can't wait to see is Quentin Taylor from Mississippi St.

seantaylor
July 18th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Hamilton has the potential to be a good one, based on what he did at OSU but no one has seen him play yet.

One more I can't wait to see is Quentin Taylor from Mississippi St.

Hamilton was the Big 12 freshmen of the year and beat Barry Sanders freshmen rushing record for OSU.

already123
July 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hamilton is a HUGE pick up!

SU DOG
July 18th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Another one not mentioned: Safety Andy Davis from Bama to Samford. Davis was a 3-star Rivals player out of high school, and rated #17 overall player(2006) in the state of Alabama. Add that to the transfer of RB Chris Davis from UAB and an awesome recruiting class and Pat Sullivan has Samford with of the best incoming groups in the country.

Black Saturday
July 18th, 2007, 10:15 AM
APPs got two transfers this year, but we'll wait and see if they fit in the top thirty.

Tim Washington DT - LSU

Quavian Lewis DT - Vandy

They should help with depth if nothing else.

UncleSam
July 18th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Talley would be starting at ND this year. He'll be good. But then again, there are probably 20 DT's in FCS who would start for ND this year

However, none of those guys were at Delaware last year. ;)

Kill'em
July 18th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hamilton is a HUGE pick up!

I am really looking foward to seeing him play.

skinny_uncle
July 19th, 2007, 07:53 AM
"9. LB Josh Bailey ~ Indiana to Western Kentucky (Soph) -- Popped up on several freshman All-American teams after starting for the Hoosiers in '06. Caught a lot of folks by surprise when he left Indiana."

I guess draftdaddy didn't get the notice from the Hilltoppers.
:D

terrierbob
July 19th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hey- we got a kid from PC last year! :)

Smendy
July 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Draftdaddy.com expanded the list and credited the posters at AGS for helping them expand the list xnodx

I found this site a couple years ago, because I love watching Hofstra football and they were the first site to really throw a lot praise at M. Colston prior to his senior season in college (2005)......Giving AGS a blog plug was a classy thing to do, as most sites would've just added the names to their list and not credited were they find the info xeyebrowx

ncbears
July 20th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Draftdaddy.com expanded the list and credited the posters at AGS for helping them expand the list xnodx

I found this site a couple years ago, because I love watching Hofstra football and they were the first site to really throw a lot praise at M. Colston prior to his senior season in college (2005)......Giving AGS a blog plug was a classy thing to do, as most sites would've just added the names to their list and not credited were they find the info xeyebrowx

Yup! They took note of Lyle coming to Greeley. I am looking foward to seeing this guy play. Big Sky watch out!

ncbears
July 20th, 2007, 07:14 PM
...and we will have him for 4 years! xrotatehx xrotatehx

already123
July 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
good pick up

Kill'em
July 21st, 2007, 01:09 AM

There were some very positive comments made about this site. It is good to know someone realizes that one doesn't have to be from a BS school to know football.