PDA

View Full Version : Most likely FCS win over FBS

JohnStOnge
July 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Something tells me somebody probably already did a thread like this but I just finished finally writing my article for the preview magazine (that's assuming it comes out because I don't know what Ralph's status is). Anyway, as part of research for writing it I identified all the FCS/FBS matchups to try to pick some I thought looked like good shots for the FCS teams. My pick for the best FCS shot is:

Cal Poly vs. Idaho. Idaho has a 6 - 5 record vs. I-AAs since the BCS world started in 1998. Last year the Vandals finished 4-8 and barely beat 2 - 9 Idaho State by 27 - 24. Cal Poly has consistently produced playoff caliber teams, beat San Diego State last year, and you guys have the Mustangs rated 10th in the AGS pre season poll.

Before I looked at the list of games I thought I'd be picking McNeese vs. Louisiana-Lafayette. I'd still put that at #2 on the "most likely" list.

Another one I'm interested in is New Hampshire vs. Marshall.

Overall, the ones I made marks by as me thinking they had the highest potential for surprising the "experts" area:

FCS vs. BCS

JMU at North Carolina
Maine at UConn
North Dakota State at Minnesota
Illinois State at Missouri
Northern Iowa at Iowa State
Richmond at Vanderbilt

FCS vs. non BCS

New Hampshire at Marshall
Delaware at Navy
North Dakota State at Central Michigan
Southern Illinois at Northern Illinois
Portland State at San Diego State
McNeese State at Louisiana Lafayette
Cal Poly at Idaho

Of course I know there will be some I totally didn't anticipate.

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Love McNeese over U-La-La...

Like North Dakota State's chances against any FBS foe...

Oklahoma St has struggled against FCS squads before. If SHSU finds a WR or two, perhaps Bomar will feel right at home at Stillwater against his former Big XII foe...

Glad to see atleast two SLC folks wrote articles for the CSN Preview Mag...

ATrain
July 15th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I think Liberty could pull it off at Toledo...not likely, but with the improvement the Flames had last year anything could happen.

Cleets
July 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Cal Poly v. Idaho... xnodx

WUTNDITWAA
July 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'll be pulling for the good guys in all of these, but these are the most likely that I see.

FCS vs. BCS
Richmond at Vanderbilt

FCS vs. non BCS

JohnStOnge
July 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'd have made a mark by Western Illinois at Illinois if the Leathernecks hadn't been down for the past few years. Also thought about Northeastern at Northwestern but...again...the FCS in that matchup has been a little down. Another one I thought about is Montana State at Texas A&M but I think Texas A&M's going to be pretty good by Big 12 standards plus Montana State lost its coach under negative circumstances.

WCU LawCat
July 15th, 2007, 10:10 PM
FCS vs. BCS

JMU at North Carolina not gonna happen this is not going to be last years UNC
Maine at UConn possible
North Dakota State at Minnesota possible major upset
Illinois State at Missouri possible but probably not
Northern Iowa at Iowa State possible
Richmond at Vanderbilt Vandy is not a push over

FCS vs. non BCS

New Hampshire at Marshall could happen
Delaware at Navy possible but probably not
North Dakota State at Central Michigan could happen
Southern Illinois at Northern Illinois could happen
Portland State at San Diego State i would put money on it
McNeese State at Louisiana Lafayette another good bet
Cal Poly at Idaho another good bet

CopperCat
July 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
FCS vs. BCS

Maine at UConn possible
North Dakota State at Minnesotapossible major upset

FCS vs. non BCS

New Hampshire at Marshall could happenDelaware at Navy possible but probably not

NDSU beating Minnesota wouldn't really be a MAJOR upset, but it would be an upset.xrotatehx
Cal Poly has a 92.5738% chance of beating Idaho.
PSU will give SDSU a game and some.
UNI will also have a good shot IMO
McNeese has a great shot as well.
xtwocentsx

ButlerGSU
July 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Georgia Southern vs. Colorado State

Anyone know anything about how the Rams will be this season?

Ronbo
July 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'll be pulling for the good guys in all of these, but these are the most likely that I see.

FCS vs. BCS
Richmond at Vanderbilt

FCS vs. non BCS

Central Michigan is the defending MAC Champion and returns 17 starters. I doubt it.

Cleets
July 16th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Central Michigan is the defending MAC Champion and returns 17 starters. I doubt it.

Are we allowed to speak against the Dakota's here..? (Yikes)

ncbears
July 16th, 2007, 08:23 AM

You're right Ronbow. I doubt they beat C.Mighigan, they have a better chance at beating Minnesota.

DaveK
July 16th, 2007, 08:45 AM
You're right Ronbow. I doubt they beat C.Mighigan, they have a better chance at beating Minnesota.

I disagree. After what happened last year, the Gophers will not take them lightly again and will make it a point to win that game convincingly. I could see the Bison beating Central Michigan, but not Minnesota.

Ronbo
July 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I don't think the Griz could beat Central Michigan either. They are loaded and have one the best QB's in college football.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Well, you are right on one thing WCULawcat, UNC is not going to be the same UNC of last year, considering they return all of 4 starters on Defense.

I am not expecting JMU to beat UNC, but don't count it out. With as many freshman starting, including a debate in starting frosh QBs, Butch Davis will have to take more than a summer to turn this program around.

JMU will have the speed to get around the edges and their DEs just plain suck from what I have gathered on the Tarheel boards. Has Butch Davis taught his LBs how to tackle? We'll see. Still, any team full of freshman, no matter how good they are as recruits, are still freshmen. This isn't basketball where you can have instant teams with 1-2 McDonald's All-American freshmen.

The difference maker in this game will be defense. Does JMU have the depth to stop some quality athletes and force them to make freshman mistakes? Will the return of the injured UNC safety (Goddard I think is his name) bolster the young secondary?

2 stats I will be looking for:
1. Time of Possession. JMU needs to hold on the ball and grind out the clock. 30:00 or more, JMU is likely to have the win.
2. Turnovers. TOP means nothing if the opponent scores on quick turnovers and returns. a + ratio in TO margin in this game should decide the winner.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I also think Minnesota will be an easier matchup for the Bison. Good luck on both accounts!

Go Bison
July 16th, 2007, 10:26 AM

Central Michigan will be a tougher game than the Gophers. I just love it when teams doubt NDSU. I am not saying NDSU will beat Central Michigan, but that NDSU has a history of doing pretty well when people don't give them a chance.

ashram
July 16th, 2007, 10:29 AM
The difference maker in this game will be defense. Does JMU have the depth to stop some quality athletes and force them to make freshman mistakes? Will the return of the injured UNC safety (Goddard I think is his name) bolster the young secondary?

1. Time of Possession. JMU needs to hold on the ball and grind out the clock. 30:00 or more, JMU is likely to have the win.
2. Turnovers. TOP means nothing if the opponent scores on quick turnovers and returns. a + ratio in TO margin in this game should decide the winner.

There's one other serious difference-making factor you're omitting: ACC refs.

Johnny5
July 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
FCS vs. BCS

JMU at North Carolina: Toss up. Love to pick the Dookies here, but Butch Davis is back in college football.

Maine at UConn: Sorry Blackbears, but UConn is going to be an alright team this year in the Big East. Unless there is some steady offense coming out of Maine I don't see them winning.

North Dakota State at Minnesota: Sorry Gopher fans, but I think NDSU finally gets it done.

Illinois State at Missouri: Mizzou in a close one.

Northern Iowa at Iowa State: UNI in a close game. The Panthers should be too much for the Cyclones.

Richmond at Vanderbilt: Tossup

FCS vs. non BCS

New Hampshire at Marshall: UNH, The Herd simply hasn't been that good since the move to C-USA.

Delaware at Navy: Might depend on who shows up for the BlueHens...but I am picking Navy in a big way.

North Dakota State at Central Michigan: The Chippewas have been playing some good football, coming off a Bowl Game I believe....and NDSU is always a threat....too tough to call right now, but I am picking the Bison.

Southern Illinois at Northern Illinois: Nothing to say outside of Salukis win Salukis win.

Portland State at San Diego State: Don't know much about either team...tossup

McNeese State at Louisiana Lafayette: Everyone beats the Ragin Cajuns...everyone.

Cal Poly at Idaho: Cal Poly period.

WMTribe90
July 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Georgia Southern vs. Colorado State

Anyone know anything about how the Rams will be this season?

I don't know what GSU will bring to the table, but CSU will be middle of the pack in conference. They were mediocre last year and have heard nothing that would leave me to believe they will be dramatically improved this year. GSU will need to overcome a long plane ride and the altitude, which makes me weary to pick the upset. I think this will be a game though.

HI54UNI
July 16th, 2007, 11:29 AM
UNI should give Iowa St. a good game. Iowa St. barely won last year. A big unknown this year is Iowa State's new coach and what he does with the team.

BDKJMU
July 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
FCS vs. BCS

Maine at UConn possible
North Dakota State at Minnesota possible major upset

FCS vs. non BCS

New Hampshire at Marshall could happen
Delaware at Navy possible but probably not

JMU might not win, but I think they'll at least keep the score respectable. UNC only has 12 of 24 starters back from 3-9 team that only beat Furman by 3 and beat 0-12 Duke by 1 point in their last game when Duke missed an extra point with about 3 min left. If UNC brought in another mediocre recruting class I would say they'd be looking at 3-9 again or even 2-10. Butch Davis did bring in a top 5-10 recruiting class, but since they're all freshman, their impact will only be but so big. UNC will probably go from 3-9 to 5-7. A little better than last yr, but I don't think they'll have a winning record again till 08'.

aswedc
July 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Are you serious Johnny5? Talk about FCS bias. I would put a good amount of money on the majority of your predictions being wrong.

Cobblestone
July 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't be shocked to see UMASS defeat BC.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2007, 12:57 PM
There's one other serious difference-making factor you're omitting: ACC refs.

So I have heard... xrolleyesx xoopsx

Ronbo
July 16th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Central Michigan will be a tougher game than the Gophers. I just love it when teams doubt NDSU. I am not saying NDSU will beat Central Michigan, but that NDSU has a history of doing pretty well when people don't give them a chance.

Hey I wish you luck in both games. Each year we have this thread and there is a game that 90% of the guys here say the FCS team will win. In 2005 it was EWU over San Jose State. In 2006 it was Cal Poly over San Jose State. SJSU won both as I predicted then.

This year it's your game with CMU. If you guys beat them it will be a pretty impressive upset. This isn't Ball State we're talking about, they have the MAC Freshman of the year and 1st team All MAC QB back, 3031 yards passing, 26 TD's, 520 yards rushing, 7 TD's. They have two starting WR's back, and their starting RB back, 764 yards rushing, 4 TD's, 415 yards receiving, 7 TD's. They have 7 All MAC players back, (3) 1st teamers and (4) 2nd teamers.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know, a lot of people including myself, feel the CMU game will be harder for the Bison than the Minnesota game.

In 2006, we also expected Richmond to beat Duke, and they did. Richmond will have a much bigger task facing Vanderbilt this year. Not impossible, but we all knew Richmond would likely beat Duke.

already123
July 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
NAU over UofA.....very well could happen!
NAU returns a very solid group of player, including 10 of 11 starters on what was already a top 5 offense. Last years NAU team took Arizona St. into the 4th quarter tied (not giving up a lead until then) and gave them all they wanted. With the returners NAU matched up against a UofA team who doesnt have as much talent as ASU, this could be a sleeper

bisonguy
July 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Hey I wish you luck in both games. Each year we have this thread and there is a game that 90% of the guys here say the FCS team will win. In 2005 it was EWU over San Jose State. In 2006 it was Cal Poly over San Jose State. SJSU won both as I predicted then.

This year it's your game with CMU. If you guys beat them it will be a pretty impressive upset. This isn't Ball State we're talking about, they have the MAC Freshman of the year and 1st team All MAC QB back, 3031 yards passing, 26 TD's, 520 yards rushing, 7 TD's. They have two starting WR's back, and their starting RB back, 764 yards rushing, 4 TD's, 415 yards receiving, 7 TD's. They have 7 All MAC players back, (3) 1st teamers and (4) 2nd teamers.

This is exactly why I think NDSU has a better chance for a win against Minnesota. Throw in a new coaching staff this year, and possibly a few starters watching the game from behind bars, and there's a better chance for a win in the Metrodome.

Johnny5
July 16th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Are you serious Johnny5? Talk about FCS bias. I would put a good amount of money on the majority of your predictions being wrong.

Such as? NDSU is a pretty decent team. Their games can go either way really. Idaho doesn't belong in the FBS, nor do the Cajuns...neither are that good. NIU is going to have a down year with a young class coming in and SIU is going to be a tough team to beat this year. I think some of the FCS teams are better than most people are giving them credit for. It is always easy to pick FBS for easy wins over FCS schools, but let's face it FCS schools aren't always the cannon fodder they once were. None of these picks are really that improbable. Out of the 13 games I have given 4 W's to FBS schools, with 2 undecided because I don't know much about the teams.xthumbsupx And of course I think the one that will be the toughest game is NDSU-CMU...no longer is directional Michigan a joke.

DTSpider
July 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM
In 2006, we also expected Richmond to beat Duke, and they did. Richmond will have a much bigger task facing Vanderbilt this year. Not impossible, but we all knew Richmond would likely beat Duke.

I just think that you've got to have a lot going your way to win at BCS schools. You need to take the refs out of the game. Close calls will go to the home team. Not only do you need to win the turnover battle, but you need to points on the board related to those turnovers.

Vandy is a much better team than Duke and has had some recent success. Winning 4 games in the SEC is no small feat.

In 2005 UR kept it close, but you never doubted the outcome. I think most good FCS teams vs marginal FBS games will unfold is this manner. I'd put the odds at maybe 10% of UR beating Vandy, but put it at 50% of it being a 14 point game.

Zoo
July 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I just think that you've got to have a lot going your way to win at BCS schools. You need to take the refs out of the game. Close calls will go to the home team. Not only do you need to win the turnover battle, but you need to points on the board related to those turnovers.

Vandy is a much better team than Duke and has had some recent success. Winning 4 games in the SEC is no small feat.

In 2005 UR kept it close, but you never doubted the outcome. I think most good FCS teams vs marginal FBS games will unfold is this manner. I'd put the odds at maybe 10% of UR beating Vandy, but put it at 50% of it being a 14 point game.

Vanderbilt upset Gerogia last year, and stayed close with alot of SEC teams. So Richmond has their hands full with them.

JohnStOnge
July 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM

I agree Central Michigan winning is more likely than not. I didn't really mark it as being near the top of the "likelihood" list. I did because it's interesting.

But it's the MAC, the second weakest FBS conference. It's not like they're playing Florida or Ohio State. With rare exception...if there are any exceptions at all...the MAC champion would finish at best in the middle of the pack of a BCS league. And Central Michigan's performance last year is consistent with that belief. They were 0-3 against BCS league teams; including a team (Kentucky) that finished 4-4 in the SEC.

skinny_uncle
July 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I would not be surprised if SIU and UNH both pulled it off again this year.

JohnStOnge
July 16th, 2007, 07:17 PM

I don't know about that. A lot depends on how teams match up and Minnesota is a different style team than Central Michigan. But, frankly, I'd have favored Minnesota to beat Central Michigan if the two teams had played last year. See my previous post on how CMU did against BCS teams (0-3). Remember, we're talking about a team that didn't beat anybody outside of the MAC except Middle Tennessee and 1-11 Temple (in transition to the MAC). So they won the second weakest FBS conference then beat the second place team from the weakest FBS conference in a bowl game.

We're not talking USC here.

Zoo
July 16th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I agree Central Michigan winning is more likely than not. I didn't really mark it as being near the top of the "likelihood" list. I did because it's interesting.

But it's the MAC, the second weakest FBS conference. It's not like they're playing Florida or Ohio State. With rare exception...if there are any exceptions at all...the MAC champion would finish at best in the middle of the pack of a BCS league. And Central Michigan's performance last year is consistent with that belief. They were 0-3 against BCS league teams; including a team (Kentucky) that finished 4-4 in the SEC.

But what you didn't say about Kentucky was that they 8-5 overall and beat Clemson in the Music City Bowl.

JohnStOnge
July 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I thnk you guys might think Central Michigan's 2006 team is better than it was. You need to look at who they beat. Don't get me wrong, they would've been a real tough draw for any I-AA (it was still I-AA) but they were an average I-A. I don't think them beating Minnesota in a head to head matchup would've been a foregone conclusion at all. The best team they beat was probably Ohio.

They really weren't all that good by I-A (now FBS) standards.

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2007, 07:27 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2006/12/16/motorcity.bowl/t1_lefevour.jpg

I hope the Bison, and their fans, are ready for this kid. Because he is the real deal.

The one difference Cent. Mich is facing this year opposed to last year is that their coach, Brian Kelly (former Grand Valley St coach), left the team to coach the Cincinnati Bearcats.

But as with the stats mentioned from previous posters, I think NDSU will have an easier game with Minnesota than they will have with CMU.

ngineer
July 16th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I just found out Villanova plays Maryland on September 1. That could be a dangerous game for the Terps overlooking 'little' 'nova from up the road. The 'cats finished strng last year, though I hear they have to replace a fair amount. Still, I think with the usual 'opening game problems' many teams have, Nova could steal one.....Of course that sets up the 'huge' upset the following week by Lehigh at Goodman!:D

JohnStOnge
July 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM
But what you didn't say about Kentucky was that they 8-5 overall and beat Clemson in the Music City Bowl.

The point is that Kentucky was middle of the pack in its BCS league conference as well as middle of the pack in the overall BCS. The Wildcats were 5-5 against other BCS teams. They finished 8-5 because they beat Texas State, Central Michigan, and Louisiana Monroe from outside the BCS world. They beat another middle of the pack BCS league team, Clemson, by 28 - 20 in the bowl game.

Central Michigan was an average I-A team last year. They won a very weak I-A conference. I just don't agree with this idea that they were clearly better than Minnesota...which was also an average I-A team.

JohnStOnge
July 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Ok fellas. I'd say that the best team Minnesota beat last year was Iowa. Who do you think the best team Central Michigan beat last year was? Ohio? Western Michigan (which lost to Indiana)?

Common opponents comparisons have limitations of, course, but I see two common Minnesota/Central Michigan opponents.

Minnesota lost to Michigan 28 - 14. Central Michigan lost to Michigan 41-17.

Minnesota beat Temple 62-0. Central Michigan beat Temple 42 - 26.

Guys, you really need to consider the fact that Minnesota played in the Big 10 and Central Michigan played in the MAC. Do you know what the MAC's record against the Big 10 is since the start of the BCS in 1998?

It's 10 - 87. Do you know what the Gateway's record against the MAC is over the same period?

It's 10-16. The point is that there's a lot bigger difference between the level of competition CMU plays at and the level Minnesota plays at than there is between the level CMU plays out and the level...say...Northern Iowa...plays at.

BisonBacker
July 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Both games are going to be a challenge but I do agree that Minnesota will be the tougher of the two to beat. We had our shot last year and muffed it unfortunately. This year we get another one but they are going to be pumped up to show that last year in their eyes was a fluke. We shall see, I don't think it was but in order for us to win we can't have mistakes like we did last year. The biggest question in my mind for NDSU is our running game. We lost Kyle Steffes to graduation. He wasn't what some would consider a flashy runner, he was a blue collar runner. He would get yards when he shouldn't have. He was damn good. If we can get a back to steup and pickup where he left off then I say we stand as good a chance as we did last year. xthumbsupx
I also think CMU will be the one of the two if were going to win one that we'll come out with a W.

JMU Duke Dog
July 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM
As much as I would like to see JMU over UNC (especially with my recent N.C. State affiliation), I think the Dukes will be Butch Davis' first victory as the Tar Heels' coach.

Reed Rothchild
July 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
UNI has a strong chance this year against Iowa State as the Cyclones have a new coach and a lot of new players who won't know what this game means to the UNI players.

Go Bison
July 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
UNI has a strong chance this year against Iowa State as the Cyclones have a new coach and a lot of new players who won't know what this game means to the UNI players.

My betting money will be on UNI. xthumbsupx However, the NDSU games will be a blast to watch.

AggieFinn
July 17th, 2007, 10:10 PM
UC Davis upsets SJSU? No joke, San Jose State is coming off a successful year, and return some talented people, but the Ags have always flown under the radar, ready to stampede on that one special Saturday...that one special Saturday not in Fort Worth, but closer to home. xnodx

Henny
July 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Delaware at Navy: Might depend on who shows up for the BlueHens...but I am picking Navy in a big way.

Navy is very ripe this year. While Delaware returns 10 starters on offense, Navy returns 2 starters on defense. This is a team we are .500 against in the modern era. UD also gets the previous week off to get ready for the triple option.

JaxSinfonian
July 18th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Not comfortable enough to call it likely, but Jax State (6-5 in 2006) beating Memphis (2-10 in 2006) is within the realm of possibility.

LarryBoy
July 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Another thing to add about the toughness of Vanderbilt... don't discount the fact that Bobby Johnson (former Furman head coach) is head coach. When he left for Vandy he was only two years removed from whipping UNC with the Paladins, and even admitted that he expected to do the same when the Furman/Vanderbilt game was scheduled before he was hired. He then rips Furman as his first game as Commodore head coach, and has done the same to every I-AA/FCS team they've faced since. He knows not to take the FCS likely. Oh, and he's a good coach.

GeeWiz
July 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I like Northeastern's chances against Northwestern, however I don't think we'll be able to surprise the Wildcats like UNH did last year.

The Wildcats will be ready for us.

Polywog
July 18th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'll take Poly over Idaho and Portland State over San Diego State.

APPSTER
July 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Well, you are right on one thing WCULawcat, UNC is not going to be the same UNC of last year, considering they return all of 4 starters on Defense.

I am not expecting JMU to beat UNC, but don't count it out. With as many freshman starting, including a debate in starting frosh QBs, Butch Davis will have to take more than a summer to turn this program around.

JMU will have the speed to get around the edges and their DEs just plain suck from what I have gathered on the Tarheel boards. Has Butch Davis taught his LBs how to tackle? We'll see. Still, any team full of freshman, no matter how good they are as recruits, are still freshmen. This isn't basketball where you can have instant teams with 1-2 McDonald's All-American freshmen.

As much as I'd love to see JMU kick the **it out of Carolina, the problem the 'Heels have had over the years wasn't with talent - they always have the athletes. The problem was Coach Bunting - just a terrible college football coach. So, in this case, a new coach - especially Butch Davis - probably can turn that team around and won't let them lose to a I-AA team. Just the same, I'll be rooting for JMU that day, just as I rooted for Furple last year when they played the 'Heels.

Minuteman87
July 19th, 2007, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't be shocked to see UMASS defeat BC.

man, Cobblestone, that would be sweet! (Kinda like URI beating PC in hoops).

BC has had a pretty good and consistent program the past few years, but this is sort of a transition year for the Eagles with a new head coach. So they may be vulnerable.

Then again, they have an experienced QB in Ryan, 2 good RBs in Whitworth and Callendar, and that school ALWAYS has a monster O-line (look at all the former BC linemen in the NFL).

Not so sure about BC's D. But I think LB/FB Toal is supposed to miss the season with an injury. That's guy's a monster and a huge loss for them.

It would still be a huge upset, but I agree, it would not be a total shock.

See you in Kingston Nov. 3!

igo4uni
July 19th, 2007, 08:39 PM

We gave the Cyclowns all they wanted last year. UNI will beat them this year!!

Good luck to all FCS teams!!!!

CopperCat
July 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'll take Poly over Idaho and Portland State over San Diego State.

Northern Colorado could beat Idaho. Poly should manage to beat them by a sizable margin (two TD's).

And I was just thinking....doesn't the mountainman logo that App uses kinda look like Davey Jones?xeyebrowx

SoCon48
July 20th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Northern Colorado could beat Idaho. Poly should manage to beat them by a sizable margin (two TD's).

And I was just thinking....doesn't the mountainman logo that App uses kinda look like Davey Jones?xeyebrowx

Product of a NY marketing firm. What a gyp. He's been said to resemble (strongly) the Gorton's Fisherman logo.
Odd as he looks. He's been known to flatten a lot of cat mascots.xcoolx
Catamounts, Wildcats, Bobcats. You name it.

bjtheflamesfan
July 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Im with ATrain on this one...LU over Toledo is a possibilty with the improvements Coach Rocco has made. I would not be disappointed if the y did not win though.

and for all you Appy boys out there I will say upset of the year...Appalachian State over Michigan AT THE BIG HOUSE!

SU Jag
July 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Alcorn State over UAB!xnodx

Lionsrking
July 20th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I think our chances of beating Tulane are as good as anybody else's chances of beating an FBS. We almost beat them two years ago and we have more talent this year. They have QB issues and have to replace several O-linemen. I also think we'll give New Mexico State a good run again, though they are poised to have one of the better offenses in the country.

Mountain Panther
July 20th, 2007, 07:48 PM
We gave the Cyclowns all they wanted last year. UNI will beat them this year!!

Good luck to all FCS teams!!!!

If we can stop Todd Blythe, which we couldn't do last year in the second half, we have a shot. 6'-5" 210 lb WR???? He'll probably be playing on Sunday next year.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics2/200/HM/HMDBCGONXRHZPMU.20060706164957.jpg