PDA

View Full Version : How soon can FCS coaches offer a scholarship?

Ronbo
July 12th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Look at this youngster go! How soon can a FCS Coach offer a schollie and get a verbal? We have a basketball player here in Montana that was offered a scholarship and gave his verbal to Gonzaga at 15.

Just having fun, but look at the moves this 12 year old makes.

Holy Cow! This kid rocks! (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7892011)

Col Hogan
July 12th, 2007, 05:47 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

HOLY CRAP...That kid has some moves...

danefan
July 12th, 2007, 06:34 PM
nice. now lets wait and see what happens if everyone else gets bigger and he stays the same size........xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

phillyAPP
July 12th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Look at this youngster go! How soon can a FCS Coach offer a schollie and get a verbal? We have a basketball player here in Montana that was offered a scholarship and gave his verbal to Gonzaga at 15.

Just having fun, but look at the moves this 12 year old makes.

Holy Cow! This kid rocks! (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7892011)

That was AWESOME !

I like the way he scores and hands the ball to the ref, keeps it simple, like he does it all the time. He doesn't need a dance.

His running is his dance.

GOKATS
July 12th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Great moves for a twelve year old.

I had to can the audio because I can't stand the rap crap.

Let's see how he looks in 5-6 years.

Ronbo
July 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM
He sees the field extremely well and is very fast. These things can't be taught, they are natural athletic abilities. You either have them or you don't.

He follows his blocks like a college player and has a dozen jukes and fakes. He's been well coached so far in his young football career.

Even if he only gets to 5'8" he will play college ball at some level. Maybe FCS.xthumbsupx He reminds me of a clip I saw on ESPN of Reggie Bush when he was in Pee Wee football.

grizband
July 13th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Those were some amazing moves, especially considering he isn't twice the size of everyone else playing. Read blockers well, stopped on a dime, used his speed well - it will be interesting to see where this kid goes.

Funny side note, that play we he took a pass from the QB, then handed it back was completely illegal.:D

Ronbo
July 13th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I don't think that was the QB. I think he handed off to a RB.

Here's a photo of the young men. They won the 2006 Pop Warner Pee Wee NC.

http://www.localsports.biz/Youth%20Sports/Pop_Warner/Pop%20Warner%20-%20nation%20champs%20-%20500pix-IMG_1219.jpg

HiHiYikas
July 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Pretty impressive. When I was his age, I didn't even understand the difference between offense and defense. I could understand why, while playing at Tight End, I couldn't record a sack.

There's nothing like 12 year-olds running around to songs about strip clubs.

xrolleyesx

MplsBison
July 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
They have a national playoff?!

How many Pop Warner teams are there in the nation? Is it an invitational tournament or something?

HiHiYikas
July 13th, 2007, 09:00 AM
It's probably like the Little League World Series. Those teams aren't actual Little League teams...'Smithfield' might have 7 or 8 Little League/Pop Warner teams, but the team that goes to the playoffs is technically the Smithfield All-Star team, comprised of players from all 8 teams.

Still, it's a lot of teams.

spelunker64
July 13th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Good lead blocking by #20!