PDA

View Full Version : UPSET OF THE YEAR???

already123
July 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Name your the upset of the year in your, or another conference (limit to conference play)

Mine is more of a situational thing.....MSU not making the playoffs (or top three in the BSC)

xeekx Upset alert: EWU over Portland St. in Cheyney xeekx

I know its not expected, but thats why its an upset right? EWU has a young talented team, they have the potential to make a bit of noise in the BSC this year; there isnt a better way to start than by knocking off PSU early in the year! xthumbsupx

Post away!

CrazyCat
July 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Name your the upset of the year in your, or another conference (limit to conference play)

Mine is more of a situational thing.....MSU not making the playoffs (or top three in the BSC)

I know its not expected, but thats why its an upset right? EWU has a young talented team, they have the potential to make a bit of noise in the BSC this year; there isnt a better way to start than by knocking off PSU early in the year! xthumbsupx

Post away!

I think MSU's season could go two ways and not making the playoffs is one of them. You can guess the other. But I think the upset of the year would be that the Griz don't win the conference or make the playoffs.

Seawolf97
July 11th, 2007, 04:30 PM
If Stonybrook knocks off either Hofstra, Richmond or Elon.

BisonBacker
July 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM
UND over Mary xlolx

Tribe4SF
July 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
If Stonybrook knocks off either Hofstra, Richmond or Elon.

None of those will qualify. Now last years trip to...where was it...Georgia?xthumbsupx

89Hen
July 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
C'mon folks, follow the rules!

There always seems to be an upset in the CAA and the Big Sky every year (other conferences have them, but not every year).

CAA - Hofstra over UMass: they always seem to play them close even when UMass has a great team.

BSC - EWU over PSU

GOKATS
July 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I think MSU's season could go two ways and not making the playoffs is one of them. You can guess the other. But I think the upset of the year would be that the Griz don't win the conference or make the playoffs.

The griz have probably the best shot at winning the conference this year, but if they don't it really wouldn't be an upset (could be MSU or PSU). If, however, they don't make the playoffs- that would be an upset!

Dane96
July 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Albany over Montana in Montana!

That happens...and holy upside down.

UAalum72
July 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
(limit to conference play)

C'mon folks, follow the rules!

Stony Brook is independent next year, so those're the only games they've got.

ButlerGSU
July 11th, 2007, 06:30 PM
If GSU beat App in Boone this season it would be a pretty big upset.

GOKATS
July 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM

You're just trying to make my day, right?xnodx

Grizalltheway
July 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
The griz have probably the best shot at winning the conference this year, but if they don't it really wouldn't be an upset (could be MSU or PSU). If, however, they don't make the playoffs- that would be an upset!

Hmm, I don't see it happening...xreadx

BrevardMountaineer03
July 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
If GSU beat App in Boone this season it would be a pretty big upset.

That would be an upset.....

But my SoCon upset would be Wofford over Furman....

poly51
July 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Cal Poly over North Dakota State.

MR. CHICKEN
July 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
CITADEL OVERAH WOFFY........NOW DAT UH UPSET.......BRAWK!

Go...gate
July 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM
URI over Army and UD over Navy

GOKATS
July 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hmm, I don't see it happening...xreadx

Read it again Cinderella- I said if they didn't make the playoffs it would be an upset.xrolleyesx

ISUMatt
July 11th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Illinois State over Northern Iowa

PSUVikings
July 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Post away!

EWU will be a tough game but if we bring our game we can beat them. I fear for you though dude, come football season you will be eating a big a$$ crow.

Upset of the year: Whoever beats Appalachian State

Grizalltheway
July 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Read it again Cinderella- I said if they didn't make the playoffs it would be an upset.xrolleyesx

That's what I mean- I don't see us missing the playoffs happening. Got it, Dopey?

CopperCat
July 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Post away!

EWU got nothin' on PSU. MSU might make the playoffs.

Upset of the year: UNC beats the Griz AT HOME!!
Second biggest upset: NAU wins more than 6 games.

PSUVikings
July 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM

lol now that is funny. Hopefully UNC can win more then 0 conference games this year.

Grizalltheway
July 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
lol now that is funny. Hopefully UNC can win more then 0 conference games this year.

For OB's sake, I hope so! xnodx

CopperCat
July 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM

I think they win 2, but more likely 1 (Suk St.) but we shall see.

Lionsrking
July 11th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Considering many pundits are picking us (SE Louisiana) last and McNeese first, Southeastern Louisiana over McNeese is my upset of the year in the Southland Conference.

McNeese75
July 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
xnonox The Lions will not come to LC below the radar :D

DUPFLFan
July 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Drake over Northern Iowa and Illinois State...

..and they STILL don't make the playoffs

Hey, I can dream can't I...

tlem1983
July 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I like that optimism and loyalty to your team but there is now way ur takin us on Augest 30th @ our house. but hey beat up on Northern IOwa for us cause thats gunna be a game.

Dane96
July 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Forgetting homerism for a second, I dont see half of these games as UPSETS OF THE YEAR.

Upsets are the FCS vs. FBS...the limited schollys vs. the full schollys.

A team with full rides vs a team with full rides isnt a true upset unless we are talking about number 90-100 beating 1-10.

UPSET of the YEAR is something that SHOCKS FCS!

I don't even know if UD over Navy would qualify...but at least it is FCS vs. FBS.

Think about the spirit of the thread.

JMHO!

BearsCountry
July 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Missouri State over Northern Iowa :)

CopperCat
July 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I like that optimism and loyalty to your team but there is now way ur takin us on Augest 30th @ our house. but hey beat up on Northern IOwa for us cause thats gunna be a game.

Welcome to the board!

skinny_uncle
July 11th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Anybody beating UNI in that DOME!

already123
July 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM

EWU has a solid young team...dont sleep on them, they WILL get someone next year! Im just hopin' it wont be us.

Now as far as your second comment goes; NAU won 6 games last year and was one poss. away from turning 3 of those loses into wins....do the math!
What do you get when u return the bulk of the starters from that alraedy good/competetive team?...more wins

NAU is not a sleeper, you should expect them to be as good as PSU or MSU. Take away Glanville and we wouldnt necessarily be talking so much about PSU this year. Talent is talent....they will prove it on the fieldxnonox

already123
July 11th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I also think GSU has a decent shot at APP....decent

colgate13
July 11th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Colgate beats UMass in week 2 after losing to Albany in week 1.

Casey_Orourke
July 11th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Ft. Lewis beating Montana. I know it would be impossible, but a person could dream.

JMG1MON
July 11th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Monmouth over Delaware. One can dream right??? But here is the shocker of the year.

App St goes into the Big House and knocks off top 10 (probably top 5) Michigan.

Johnny5
July 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Youngstown @ UNI or the Trees vs anyone......

Lionsrking
July 12th, 2007, 01:25 AM
xnonox The Lions will not come to LC below the radar :D

Makes no difference.:D

mvemjsunpx
July 12th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Why are people picking Eastern Washington over Portland St in Cheney?

Does that even qualify as an upset?

Both teams figure to be good but not great in 2007.

DUPFLFan
July 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Like I said - I can dream can't I.

The thread did say "UPSET OF THE YEAR"

ncbears
July 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
For OB's sake, I hope so! xnodx

For Scott Downing's sake, I hope so!

If we go winless in the conference, believe me, he'll be on the hot seat already even though it will only be his second season. Losing doesn't sit well with UNC faithfull.

HensRock
July 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I will pick Albany over Montana. Don't underestimate the Great Danes. They are a very physical team.

WrenFGun
July 12th, 2007, 09:37 AM
From a homer perspective, I think it would be quite an upset if UNH could go 2-0 on the road against JMU and Marshall to open the season.

From a CAA perspective, I like Hofstra to beat someone good. They play everyone very tight.

andy7171
July 12th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Delaware over Towson would be a pretty big upset! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
July 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I will pick Albany over Montana. Don't underestimate the Great Danes. They are a very physical team.

I don't think there will be any underestimation when they come to Missoula. We know what they did to the Hens last year, and you can bet that they will be ready to go when they play the Griz.

aceinthehole
July 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
How about Central Connecticut going for their 3rd straight upset on the road to open the season!

2005: W, 24-22 @ Colgate
2006: W, 17-13 @ Georgia Southern
2007: W @ Towson???

Ruler 79
July 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Appy over The Wolverines would be the upset of the decade! Not gonna happen fella's.

Tailbone
July 12th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Ahhhhh, don't do that.
Statements like this will mess with the heads of those who see the Montana schedule as "cupcake".

McNeese75
July 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Makes no difference.:D

xlolx Just wanted to let ya know, no sense in trying to sneak up on us xthumbsupx

Lionsrking
July 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
xlolx Just wanted to let ya know, no sense in trying to sneak up on us xthumbsupx

We haven't snuck up on anyone since 9/11/04.xcoffeex

GrizFanIRAQ
July 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM

xnonox sounds like somebody is already tailgaiting....had a few too many already!!xthumbsupx

already123
July 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM
xnonox sounds like somebody is already tailgaiting....had a few too many already!!xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

PSUVikings
July 12th, 2007, 05:32 PM
EWU has a solid young team...dont sleep on them, they WILL get someone next year! Im just hopin' it wont be us.

Now as far as your second comment goes; NAU won 6 games last year and was one poss. away from turning 3 of those loses into wins....do the math!
What do you get when u return the bulk of the starters from that alraedy good/competetive team?...more wins

NAU is not a sleeper, you should expect them to be as good as PSU or MSU. Take away Glanville and we wouldnt necessarily be talking so much about PSU this year. Talent is talent....they will prove it on the fieldxnonox

Really? Cause PSU's entire starting offense is legit athletes, all 4 WR's played FBS ball, along with the QB. I think PSU proved we were more talented then NAU last year, we were not well coached last year and we still owned NAU, I expect a blowout this year.xnonox

DuckDuckGriz
July 12th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Really? Cause PSU's entire starting offense is legit athletes, all 4 WR's played FBS ball, along with the QB. I think PSU proved we were more talented then NAU last year, we were not well coached last year and we still owned NAU, I expect a blowout this year.xnonox

I don't know. No offense but PSU has a knack for being unstoppable then dropping 1 or 2 "easy win" games.

PSUVikings
July 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I don't know. No offense but PSU has a knack for being unstoppable then dropping 1 or 2 "easy win" games.

What "easy games" did we drop last year?

BEAR
July 12th, 2007, 05:51 PM
UAPB over anyone..xeekx xwhistlex xlolx xcoffeex

DuckDuckGriz
July 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM
What "easy games" did we drop last year?

You're right. You didn't lose any easy ones last year. What I mean to say is alot of the times the pieces will be there for PSU but they will lose some easily "winnable" games. Examples are losses to Montana State in the past. I was drawing from memory, but after looking at the stats, my statement does not hold much ground :o

You have to admit though - PSU can be a roller-coaster from week-to-week. They have fielded some of the best teams in the Big Sky over the past few years but have never won a title.

I know 1999 is a long way back to reach, but that loss to a subpar NAU team cost you the Big Sky.

PSUVikings
July 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM
You're right. You didn't lose any easy ones last year. What I mean to say is alot of the times the pieces will be there for PSU but they will lose some easily "winnable" games. Examples are losses to Montana State in the past. I was drawing from memory, but after looking at the stats, my statement does not hold much ground :o

You have to admit though - PSU can be a roller-coaster from week-to-week. They have fielded some of the best teams in the Big Sky over the past few years but have never won a title.

I know 1999 is a long way back to reach, but that loss to a subpar NAU team cost you the Big Sky.

Yep its happened a lot, being able to beat New Mexico, a bowl team, but lose to Montana State is kind of inconsistent, but many have stated had we not stacked our schedule we might have been 9-2 last year. We bring most of that talent back this year and have far better coaching. Not to mention and offensive system that can be game changing. We've lost to teams like Idaho State many times but Tim Walsh is at Army, not Portland State, those days have ended. Hopefully Mouse and Jerry can bring this team to the top, cause we sure have the talent.

carney2
July 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Colgate beats UMass in week 2 after losing to Albany in week 1.

Yeah, and give me a puff of that New Hampshire weed.

colgate13
July 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, and give me a puff of that New Hampshire weed.

Why? Happened two years ago in similar fashion. I wouldn't write Colgate off just yet carney...

colgate13
July 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
How about Central Connecticut going for their 3rd straight upset on the road to open the season!

2005: W, 24-22 @ Colgate
2006: W, 17-13 @ Georgia Southern
2007: W @ Towson???

I can get down with that!xrotatehx

Cobblestone
July 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM
If we can beat UNH. Especially since they have Santos coming back and he passed all over us last season.

Mountain Panther
July 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Anybody beating UNI in that DOME!

Not such a big accomplishment last year since it happened twice xsmhx

Mountain Panther
July 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I think we have as good a chance as ever at beating Iowa State.

GreatAppSt
July 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Mod 22 over Mod 33 by 11 . xnodx

JALMOND
July 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Upset of the year: Youngstown State over Ohio State
2nd Upset of the Year: App State over Michigan
Biggest upset involving two FCS teams: N Arizona over App State
Biggest upset involving a BSC team: N Colorado over Hawaii
2nd Biggest upset involving a BSC team: Albany over Montana
Biggest upset involving 2 BSC teams: N Colorado over Montana
Biggest upset involving 2 BSC teams not mentioned: Sac State over Montana State
Biggest upset that I think could happen: N Iowa over Iowa State. Any win by the FCS over a BCS team is big and this could happen.

Truthfully, any game with NAU, EWU, PSU and Montana State playing against each other would probably not be an "upset" as any team would be favored by no more than 10 points. Hardly a "major" upset in my book and would not qualify for Upest of the Year.

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Yep its happened a lot, being able to beat New Mexico, a bowl team, but lose to Montana State is kind of inconsistent, but many have stated had we not stacked our schedule we might have been 9-2 last year. We bring most of that talent back this year and have far better coaching. Not to mention and offensive system that can be game changing. We've lost to teams like Idaho State many times but Tim Walsh is at Army, not Portland State, those days have ended. Hopefully Mouse and Jerry can bring this team to the top, cause we sure have the talent.

That's for sure. Brian White and Lex Hilliard are my two offensive MVPs in the Sky this year. With the run and shoot though - do you think White will be elusive/agile enough for it? He's got a dead-on rocket arm, but when I watched him during UM-PSU at PGE this last year, every time the pocket broke down he was quick to chuck it away. Granted that's better than a sack but he definetly had some opportunity. Still though, he was damn impressive considering it was his first week in PDX.

You making the trip to Missoula this year?

spelunker64
July 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Any Southern Utah victory...

UNH SUPERFAN
July 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
i think they got a shot at hofstra and elon, but no way richmond, i saw them play uri they were huge.

??? You're kidding me!!! SB won't come within 3 touchdowns of Hofstra.

UNH SUPERFAN
July 13th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I think a URI win over Army is not out of the question. They seem to be in disarray with a new head coach and questions as to why Bobby Ross was hired and then ended up quitting during the recruiting cycle.

Maroons
July 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Austin Peay over SEMO in Cape Girardeau. Will anyone notice?

Appaholic
July 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
xhomerx App St over Mich xhomerx

skinny_uncle
July 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Austin Peay over SEMO in Cape Girardeau. Will anyone notice?
Only the SEMO fans who would demand a new coach.
xeyebrowx

Cobblestone
July 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I think a URI win over Army is not out of the question. They seem to be in disarray with a new head coach and questions as to why Bobby Ross was hired and then ended up quitting during the recruiting cycle.

I hope you're right, especially since I'm making the road trip to the game.

fuEMO
July 13th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Based on history and what it would mean in South Carolina; Furman beating Clemson.

Of course if Youngstown beats OSU or APP beats MICH that's bigger on paper and in the headlines. So those two upsets would get national attention but I think Furman/Clemson is a more realistic chance for an upset of the three.

Griz Fan
July 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM
EWU will be a tough game but if we bring our game we can beat them. I fear for you though dude, come football season you will be eating a big a$$ crow.

Upset of the year: Whoever beats Appalachian State

Easy now psufan, EW will place second in the BS.............lets give NAU some boost and look for an upset with Appy

I may see them in third and PSU in fourth for this year only. PSU will be a different story next year...they will give everybody a run for the money.

appfan2008
July 14th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Any Southern Utah victory...

dont worry that wont happen!

catamount man
July 14th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Based on history and what it would mean in South Carolina; Furman beating Clemson.

Of course if Youngstown beats OSU or APP beats MICH that's bigger on paper and in the headlines. So those two upsets would get national attention but I think Furman/Clemson is a more realistic chance for an upset of the three.

No offense please, but all CU has to do is keep running James Davis and CJ Spiller against Furman. That's it.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

semobison
July 14th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Southern Utah is going to get someone in the Great West this year. It wont be NDSU though!

carney2
July 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Why? Happened two years ago in similar fashion. I wouldn't write Colgate off just yet carney...

As I've said elsewhere on this board, any team with Scott and Gallihugh cannot be taken lightly. I am, however thinking that UMass is probably too big a mountain to climb, particularly in week 2 with no proven QB.

carney2
July 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
An "upset" in the Patriot League would be hard to find. There are no dominant, nationally prominent teams thus far. Still, if we are looking for that "Upset of the Year," I am reminded that some of the Georgetown faithful (LB in particular) have predicted that the Hoyas will knock off one of the League's "big kids" this year. If, based on recent performance, and listing them alphabetically, we define the big kids as Colgate, Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Lehigh, we see the following possibilities:

Colgate - Home in week 11. The only way this works is if Colgate is having a terrible year and has quit on Biddle. Unlikely.

Holy Cross - Week 4 in Worcester after the 'saders have, in all likelihood, been slapped around by UMass and Harvard. Not inconceivable if the Hoyas can mount a credible pass rush.

Lafayette - Home in week 2. The Leopards will be holding QB auditions and could be a bit disorganized. Although outmanned at virtually every position, this looks like the Hoyas' best chance.

Lehigh - Late in the year at Goodman, with the Squawks in the thick of the title hunt. Not likely.

PSUVikings
July 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I an see some upsets of FBS doormats but there will be zero upsets of powers.

DuckDuckGriz
July 14th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I an see some upsets of FBS doormats but there will be zero upsets of powers.

I don't get it. xconfusedx

PSUVikings
July 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I don't get it. xconfusedx

Portland State beating lowly MWC school SDSU, just might happen

App State beating Big-10 Power Michigan, no chance.

Get it? Some FCS schools may beat the bottom dwellers of the FBS, but there will be no wins against powers like Ohio State and Michigan.

DuckDuckGriz
July 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Portland State beating lowly MWC school SDSU, just might happen

App State beating Big-10 Power Michigan, no chance.

Get it? Some FCS schools may beat the bottom dwellers of the FBS, but there will be no wins against powers like Ohio State and Michigan.

Yeah I need to learn how to read. I read "FBS" on your thing as "FCS." Hence my confusion xthumbsupx

already123
July 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I remember when Furman pretty much beat (technically lost) a Pitt team that went to the Fiesta bowl....

(granted the Big East was DEFENITELY down that year but still...)

gvilleapp
July 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM
My Socon upset of the year is GSU over Furman on Nov 10th in Statesboro. That could throw the Socon race for second place into a four way brawl between GSU, Furman, Wofford, and Citadel.

GSU should start out either 5-1 or 6-0 but I see them losing at ASU, at home to The Citadel, and then on the road at Wofford. To have a chance at the playoffs they will have to beat Furman. We all know how tough GSU is at home.

I guess any lose by App, except to Michigan, will be an upset. The three South Carolina schools, Wofford, Furman, and Citadel are all away from home and all of them are capable of beating us if we don't play well. Also, injuries play such a big role as Furman can attest to in '06.

zilla
July 14th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Clemson should be down this year. Furman has a history of playing 1-A's tough. If the Paladins can stuff the run, they'll keep it close.

I'll be pulling for the Purple Paladins that day. I hate Clemson!

Longhorn
July 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Delaware over Towson would be a pretty big upset! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

That's about how the TU/UD series is shaping up! xsmiley_wix

Actually, Towson over UD for a third year in a row would perhaps be a mild upset...but my choice for an upset in the CAA is TU over JMU @ JMU.

I think this could be the Tiger's year behind a much improved line. Heaven knows with SS at QB Towson is capable of beating anyone this coming season, but beating JMU @ JMU would be an upset, and mark another "breakthrough" moment in TU FB...and perhaps earn TU a spot in the playoffs.

PSUVikings
July 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
That's for sure. Brian White and Lex Hilliard are my two offensive MVPs in the Sky this year. With the run and shoot though - do you think White will be elusive/agile enough for it? He's got a dead-on rocket arm, but when I watched him during UM-PSU at PGE this last year, every time the pocket broke down he was quick to chuck it away. Granted that's better than a sack but he definetly had some opportunity. Still though, he was damn impressive considering it was his first week in PDX.

You making the trip to Missoula this year?

Sadly Noxsmhx

Brian's game against UM last year was tough for him, he had only been in Portland for one week, and then was commanded to beat the #3 team in america, he did quite well for those circumstances.

With Mcklintock at RB we can use him as an extra blocker, giving Brian plenty of time to throw the football. Remember you don't have to be an amazing QB to run this offense, you just have to know the system. Once that happens we will be tough to beat. Our WR corps gets more talented by the week. We just gained a WR transfer from De La Salle HS in California, he is supposed to be incredible, as if our WR corps wasn't already incredible. And we return that stout Defense of ours.

This season I see a loss to Montana, San Diego State, and a toss with McNeese State. Montana State may be tough at home but I think we edge them out. Same story with UC-Davis. We will stomp on NAU though, just like the last time they came to Portland(45-0), just this time...Worse! I look forward to a well coached season and hopefully a playoff birth.

already123
July 16th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Sadly Noxsmhx
Remember you don't have to be an amazing QB to run this offense, you just have to know the system.
We will stomp on NAU though, just like the last time they came to Portland(45-0), just this time...Worse!

You are right about the offense part. White could be a dumb*zz and still put up numbers...if the rest of the offense comes around to learning the scheme.xcoffeex

As far as PSU "stomping" NAU, far from it! I am willing to be my house that the end score of that game will be by 9 points or less...either way. Gerard/Wilson (2 All-American caliber corners) will have a field day with White. 2 INTs or more in that game....xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
July 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
You are right about the offense part. White could be a dumb*zz and still put up numbers...if the rest of the offense comes around to learning the scheme.xcoffeex

As far as PSU "stomping" NAU, far from it! I am willing to be my house that the end score of that game will be by 9 points or less...either way. Gerard/Wilson (2 All-American caliber corners) will have a field day with White. 2 INTs or more in that game....xthumbsupx

Is the game in Portland this year? Judging by these posts, I might just have to come watch. xthumbsupx

Zoo
July 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Clemson should be down this year. Furman has a history of playing 1-A's tough. If the Paladins can stuff the run, they'll keep it close.

I'll be pulling for the Purple Paladins that day. I hate Clemson!

Remember the Tarheels last year? Furman put on an amazing offensive show, and just lost to them 45-42, I think that was the score.

I hate Clemson too! xlolx

KJ Eagle
July 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
My Socon upset of the year is GSU over Furman on Nov 10th in Statesboro. That could throw the Socon race for second place into a four way brawl between GSU, Furman, Wofford, and Citadel.

GSU should start out either 5-1 or 6-0 but I see them losing at ASU, at home to The Citadel, and then on the road at Wofford. To have a chance at the playoffs they will have to beat Furman. We all know how tough GSU is at home.

I guess any lose by App, except to Michigan, will be an upset. The three South Carolina schools, Wofford, Furman, and Citadel are all away from home and all of them are capable of beating us if we don't play well. Also, injuries play such a big role as Furman can attest to in '06.

Considering how tough we always play each other, I don't consider a win by either GSU or Furman against the other a real big upset. Regardless of ranks, it's always a helluva game. Although, I did like the '05 game when you came in ranked #1. xnodx I don't see Woffie AND el Cid beating us (yeah I know they did last year, but that was only a nightmare that I continue to say wasn't really happening, but I digress...) I can honestly say that a HC game loss to The Citadel, although technically possible, is not likely.

PSUVikings
July 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM

You couldn't do it in Flagstaff, you certainly won't do it in Portland! Expect a blow out! AGAIN!

Your Crow continues to grow my friend!

74AppState
July 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder how many die hard Ga Southern fans would ever admit that beating App State would be an upset? Its good to be the King!

andy7171
July 17th, 2007, 07:38 AM
That's about how the TU/UD series is shaping up! xsmiley_wix

Actually, Towson over UD for a third year in a row would perhaps be a mild upset...but my choice for an upset in the CAA is TU over JMU @ JMU.

I think this could be the Tiger's year behind a much improved line. Heaven knows with SS at QB Towson is capable of beating anyone this coming season, but beating JMU @ JMU would be an upset, and mark another "breakthrough" moment in TU FB...and perhaps earn TU a spot in the playoffs.

I agree three in a row over Delaware would be quite an accomplishment. And if there is one game that I want more than any other it is against the Dukes. We haven't beaten them since I was a Junior, 1992!(of course there were about 8 years where JMU wasn't on our schedule)

KJ Eagle
July 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I wonder how many die hard Ga Southern fans would ever admit that beating App State would be an upset? Its good to be the King!

Depends on the year, but I think the same about GSU/APP as I posted earlier about FU. Is it an upset when the lower ranked team wins, sure, but not the upset of the year. Look at how close we came last year in our nightmare season. Yeah, turnovers helped us out a lot but it was still a good game to watch. You can throw out the records when we play either App or FU. They are by far my favorite two games every year.