PDA

View Full Version : Saluki RBs in 07

SO ILLmatic
July 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
There was an article in today's Daily Egyptian about the running backs that will try to fill Arkee's shoes. It looks like John Randle will be the primary back for 07 Saluki campaign.

http://media.www.siude.com/media/storage/paper1096/news/2007/07/11/Football/NotSo.Empty.Backfield-2922440.shtml

BearsCountry
July 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Randle played for KU right?

SO ILLmatic
July 11th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Thats right.

He was an Big 12 honorable mention his freshman year.
During the 2004 season he was the Jayhawks leading rusher (540 yds & 6 TDs).

tlem1983
July 11th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Im really lookin forward to the last game of the season between our two teams. After the mini football incident last year im not expecting a grand reception but hopefully there will be no sore feelings. Hopefully that game wont end up knocking one of us out of the playoffs, but i think we should be in position to be in even with a lose.

nmatsen
July 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I would hate to think where SIU and ISU would be without I-A transfers, no offense, you guys have great programs year in and year out. It just seems like every single year your season hinges on a "big transfer wide out" or a "big transfer running back". I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

SO ILLmatic
July 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Im really lookin forward to the last game of the season between our two teams. After the mini football incident last year im not expecting a grand reception but hopefully there will be no sore feelings. Hopefully that game wont end up knocking one of us out of the playoffs, but i think we should be in position to be in even with a lose.

dont worry about any retaliation. The game will be played after our homecoming, so that means that there will be hardly any students there to watch the game. The bball exhibition the following day against Lincoln Memorial will prolly garner more of the students' attention. Its nothing against the Redbirds, its our fans.

And in terms of the mini-footballs, moving the opposing team in front of the reserved seats a couple of years ago will prevent anything from happening. But if they were still on the student section's sideline, it may be a different story.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Just out of curiosity - Why is it called the Daily Egyptian? Is SIU in just in BFE or something? :)

douglasdmb
July 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Just out of curiosity - Why is it called the Daily Egyptian? Is SIU in just in BFE or something? :)

Maybe an SIU fan can better answer this, but I think it has to do with the fact that a Saluki is an Egyptian dog.

BearsCountry
July 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM

That part of the country is dubbed little Egypt. It extends down to Memphis, which is named for the city in Egypt.