PDA

View Full Version : NWST Announces Dates vs Jackson St, Baylor

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2007, 06:35 PM
A SWAC vs SLC matchup! Very nice and a few more games against Baylor for the Demons...

NSU to play Baylor, Jackson State in 2008
July 9, 2007
From Staff Reports

NATCHITOCHES * -- The Northwestern State football team will visit Baylor for games in the 2008 and 2009 seasons, and the Demons will kick off the 2008 season at home against Jackson State, NSU director of athletics Greg Burke said today.

Jackson State visits Turpin Stadium for the 2008 season opener on Aug. 30. A week later, on Sept. 6, the Demons play at Baylor. Northwestern will also visit Baylor on Sept. 26, 2009, said Burke.

"We're excited to announce these upcoming games against very attractive regional opponents,'' said Burke. "Our series with Jackson State dates back to 1987 and has been very competitive and appealing to fans, not only those who support both institutions but people throughout the region. Our 2006 visit to Baylor gave our considerable alumni base in Texas a fun opportunity to rally around the Demons. It was a game that gave our players and coaches a great evaluation tool and a chance to compete against a Big 12 Conference football program.''

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070709/BREAKINGNEWS/70709027/1001/SPORTS

Demon Fan
July 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Since there are 12 dates available for FCS schools to use in 2008, JSU will finally be able to fulfill their half of the contract. That's good news, cause that is a quality nonconference FCS team that the Demons will get to host in the freindly confines of Turpin Stadium. Another plus is that JSU fans travel well and will bring a good-sized group to the game.

The Baylor games are what they are. A chance to test the team and hopefully improve by doing so. (Oh, and did I mention pick up a couple of bucks at the same time?)

Mr. Tiger
July 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Since there are 12 dates available for FCS schools to use in 2008, JSU will finally be able to fulfill their half of the contract. That's good news, cause that is a quality nonconference FCS team that the Demons will get to host in the freindly confines of Turpin Stadium. Another plus is that JSU fans travel well and will bring a good-sized group to the game.
The Baylor games are what they are. A chance to test the team and hopefully improve by doing so. (Oh, and did I mention pick up a couple of bucks at the same time?)

xthumbsupx Sure do. I like this series and I'm glad it's back.

Lionsrking
July 10th, 2007, 05:50 PM
xthumbsupx Sure do. I like this series and I'm glad it's back.

I believe we're playing JSU in either 2008 or 2009...can't remember which. Enjoyed playing the Tigers back in the early 80's. We're 2-2 head-to-head.

Mr. Tiger
July 10th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I believe we're playing JSU in either 2008 or 2009...can't remember which. Enjoyed playing the Tigers back in the early 80's. We're 2-2 head-to-head.

Hey. That's great. I was young but I remember the series.

813Jag
July 10th, 2007, 06:16 PM
These are the kind of matchups I like to see. xthumbsupx

slycat
July 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM
according to the baylor website they are playing samford in 2008 and 2009. i wonder if these games got dropped and they picked up nwst?

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081400aaa.html