PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Football - Teaching Xs and Os to Women

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Great idea! I've seen the Texans do this one before and I am sure other NFL teams have done this. This is a fun thing to get more people into what's going on at Bowers Stadium. Hope participation is high!

Any other FCS schools do this?
----------------
The Sam Houston State football coaching staff will hold the inaugural State Farm Football 101 Chalk Talk for women on Saturday, August 11 at 6 p.m. in the new Ron Randleman Strength and Fitness Center adjacent to Bowers Stadium. This event is designed to give women hands on experience in learning the X's and O's of football straight from the Bearkat coaching staff in a fun environment.

For more...

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/chalk_talk.html

bisonguy
July 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I don't know if they're still offering it or not, but NDSU had a "Football 101" with four 90 minute weekly classes.

MACHIAVELLI
July 9th, 2007, 11:27 PM
My mother is writing a book about it.

LeopardFan04
July 9th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Lafayette has the 4th annual one planned:

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/070707aaa.html

Tribe4SF
July 10th, 2007, 06:13 AM
W&M staff planned one for this month, but the response wasn't enough to justify it.

TexasTerror
July 10th, 2007, 06:20 AM
W&M staff planned one for this month, but the response wasn't enough to justify it.

I'm really not sure what kind of response SHSU will get, but the fact they got the radio station behind it (led by one of the more popular people in the community), will hopefully help the efforts...

asu3peat
July 10th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I'm pretty sure APP already had it's "football 101" seminar sometime this summer.

Cobblestone
July 10th, 2007, 11:22 AM
My wife, who has been brainwashed about football by yours truly, could probably teach this course to other women. Of course it goes without saying that these women need to know that it takes zero men to open a beer... it should already be open when she brings it.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
And here I thought X's and O's were code for cooking and cleaning... KIDDING! ;)

gokats85
July 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I'm really not sure what kind of response SHSU will get, but the fact they got the radio station behind it (led by one of the more popular people in the community), will hopefully help the efforts...

Ya know, there's a few of our fans that could stand to attend this thing!
"OK class, first lesson is when to yell!"xreadx xwhistlex xreadx xwhistlex

GoldandBlack
July 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
SPARTANBURG, SC – The Wofford football coaching staff will be hosting Wofford Football 101, a football clinic for women in the Upstate of all levels of football knowledge. The clinic, slated for Thursday, June 21, will be open to women only.

http://www.wofford.edu/athletics/content.aspx?id=29312

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Colorado (Hawkins) did this last year.....

Not sure about FCS though....