PDA

View Full Version : RMU, Monmouth, & Duquesne Reschedule

Calif_Colonial
July 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.rmucolonials.com/

Robert Morris University head coach Joe Walton announced today a pair of changes to the program's 2007 schedule. The Colonials have moved their game at crosstown rival Duquesne from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Saturday, Oct. 20, while their contest with NEC's Monmouth has been moved from Saturday Oct. 20, to Saturday, Sept. 8. The changes has been made to accommodate Monmouth, which had lost Saint Peter's game on Sept. 15.

Seawolf97
July 9th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Still any hope of getting to 11 games?

hebmskebm
July 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Monmouth's website is wrong; they have the game against RMU on Sep. 15.

rmutv
July 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Still any hope of getting to 11 games?

For Robert Morris? Nope.

They appear to be locked in to ten games.

As far as the schedule change, this swap makes more sense than the one that St. Francis and Robert Morris were going to move their game on the 15th.

Robert Morris won't be on the road for three games out of four weeks in the middle of the season now. Technically, they are...but a 20 minute trip to the Bluff in downtown Pittsburgh doesn't really count.

Seawolf97
July 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I know. We have a road game at Hofstra which is about 30 miles down the LIE-although that could take days with the construction and traffic.

JMG1MON
July 9th, 2007, 10:41 PM
That's for sure Seawolf. I can't make it to our tussle this year (people need to learn no weddings during football season and March Madness). Always enjoy going out to the new field.

BucBloc
July 10th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Monmouth and Iona are both open on 10/20, each lost games with SPC, but if that was going to happen I guess it already would have happened.

Go...gate
July 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Marist has also picked up Sacred Heart for October 20 to replace Saint Peter's on their schedule. Marist is now returned to a full schedule of 11 games.

Seawolf97
July 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM
That's for sure Seawolf. I can't make it to our tussle this year (people need to learn no weddings during football season and March Madness). Always enjoy going out to the new field.

I have to work that weekend - which I am trying to change. But I think it will be a good game. We cant have all this business and personal stuff get in the way of football games.

BucBloc
July 12th, 2007, 08:25 AM
look for possible add on for St Francis, vs. IUP on Thursday 8/30. Both are at 10, so it makes sense, and they are quite close to each other.