PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Comeback - Final Rounds (Part II)

NDSUFREAK
July 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
2nd installment of the quarterfinals!!

VOTE!!

katstrapper
July 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM
SHSU was down by 21 points in the 4th quarter. The biggest thing that was so amazing is that the Kats had not done so well in snow, ice and subfreezing temps in previous games. It was 20 degrees at game time and the field was frozen . One of the best comebacks I have seen in college football and there have been many other great ones.xthumbsupx

NDSUFREAK
July 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Yes, and remember to read the replies to maybe sway you're vote to maybe a better pick. xthumbsupx

ngineer
July 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
26 points in 3 minutes to roar back is unbelievable. Coming back from that much down in an entire quarter would be something...xeekx

patssle
July 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The Tigers rallied from a 33-14 deficit with eight minutes left for a 35-33 win at Indiana of Pa.

Towson and their history book says 8 minutes. And that it was 21 points.

Either way, an impressive comback! But obviously not as good as a block field goal 30 second 70 yards no timeouts 7 play drive ;)

aggie6thman
July 9th, 2007, 02:12 AM
My vote tied it at 11, who is going to pull through?

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2007, 06:27 AM
We're talking about FCS quarterfinals (SHSU vs EWU) and a game between Towson and IUP, a team that isn't Div I...

This should be a no-brainer and apparently, thanks to information Pat supplied, is not as miraculous as it seems. SHSU rallied from 20 down in the fourth quarter on the road and in the playoffs on an awful field.

andy7171
July 9th, 2007, 07:11 AM
We're talking about FCS quarterfinals (SHSU vs EWU) and a game between Towson and IUP, a team that isn't Div I...

This should be a no-brainer and apparently, thanks to information Pat supplied, is not as miraculous as it seems. SHSU rallied from 20 down in the fourth quarter on the road and in the playoffs on an awful field.
Well the miraculaous part of the comeback was the 3 onsides kicks to get the 21 points. xreadx

I agree that an FCS playoff game should trump a victory over a D.II school, albeit a very good perennial playoff D.II powerhouse.

I voted for Towson/IUP though, well because, I was involved and I'm a homer. xpeacex

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2007, 07:28 AM
SHSU's game included a blocked kick by someone who had never played on the special teams unit...

The incredible 70 yard drive in 30 seconds without any timeouts...

Quite a few amazing defensive plays and big stops in the fourth quarter...

An amazing game-winning PAT snap by Patrick Holland, who blew numerous kicks during his tenure at Sam by snapping it over people's heads...

andy7171
July 9th, 2007, 08:05 AM
An amazing game-winning PAT snap by Patrick Holland, who blew numerous kicks during his tenure at Sam by snapping it over people's heads...
xrolleyesx Come on! xrolleyesx

katstrapper
July 9th, 2007, 08:13 AM
IUP is not even FCS. That game shouldnt even be included.

SHSU/EWU game was a FCS Quarterfinal Playoff game. A lot more at stake I would think.

andy7171
July 9th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I think it's too late to say the Towson State-IUP game doesn't count. Towson was FCS at the time and they came back with 3 on sides kicks to win.

FCS team + comeback victory = FCS comeback

NDSUFREAK
July 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
15 15......

andy7171
July 9th, 2007, 09:39 AM
If it ends in a tie I say the FCS playoff game trumps my Tigers.

NDSUFREAK
July 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
^^^IF it is a tie....1 point lead now for Towson's comeback

already123
July 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
that "e-dubb" game was amazing!

BigApp
July 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
My vote tied it at 11, who is going to pull through?

dunno, it's definitely a nail-biter!

NDSUFREAK
July 9th, 2007, 05:35 PM
GOOSEE

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Definitely not a big fan of including a game featuring a Div II squad...

If your going to do that, may as well include SFA's frantic comeback against Henderson State the other year as well...

Don't we all want to promote more FCS vs FCS? Supporting Towson vs IUP is a step in the wrong direction...

SHSU vs EWU all the way!

NDSUFREAK
July 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Definitely not a big fan of including a game featuring a Div II squad...

If your going to do that, may as well include SFA's frantic comeback against Henderson State the other year as well...

Don't we all want to promote more FCS vs FCS? Supporting Towson vs IUP is a step in the wrong direction...

SHSU vs EWU all the way!

sorry then xrolleyesx xrolleyesx :p

meeks82
July 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I remember sitting at home watching that game with my dad (who is also a Bearkat). Dustin Long kept throwing to the vertical routes and they just weren't working. I was yelling at him to dump it underneath the coverage to the slot receivers. He only started doing this after sitting out a series when it was almost too late. It was a great comeback but it shouldn't have been necessary had he been a smarter QB. I give all the credit in the world to those receivers.

TexasTerror
July 10th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I remember sitting at home watching that game with my dad (who is also a Bearkat). Dustin Long kept throwing to the vertical routes and they just weren't working. I was yelling at him to dump it underneath the coverage to the slot receivers. He only started doing this after sitting out a series when it was almost too late. It was a great comeback but it shouldn't have been necessary had he been a smarter QB. I give all the credit in the world to those receivers.

That is what was great about that team. We had a capable back-up QB, so Long could come out, see what was going on, go back in and kick some tail. Seemed to make a huge difference each time he came out and got a chance to talk things over and see things for himself...

Perhaps, this is part of the reason he's a coach somewhere in SETX (if I'm not mistaken)...

andy7171
July 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well the call went out to SHSUs and closed the door on this battle. Congrats.

Any of you guys familiar with IUP football should know about their band. One of the most obnoxious and offensive groups in the country. After we scored the final TD to win that game, it sure was fulfilling to give them the tomahawk chop running off the field. The crowd stunned to see their 7 year home winning streak ended.

already123
July 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Anyone who actually SAW the EWU/SHSU game would vote for it...

patssle
July 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone who actually SAW the EWU/SHSU game would vote for it...

well in defense, who's actually seen the other game from early 90s?

NDSUFREAK
July 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM
looks like SHSU is going to take it

andy7171
July 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
well in defense, who's actually seen the other game from early 90s?

I was there. xsmiley_wix

NDSUFREAK
July 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM
SHSU vs EW EASILY WINS OUT!