PDA

View Full Version : Not so pretty start for the Montana teams

catbob
August 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
The Cats were so-so in their first scrimmage, the backups were the highlights of the day. We are deep at RB for once! As for the rest, I'm reserving my judgement for a bit. :)

Also heard from grizland that the first scrim was a dissapointment. Any griz wana verify this?

AKA, Montana football seemed to be a bit sloppy today. :)

Ronbo
August 20th, 2005, 10:18 PM
One turnover by a 5th string running back.

QB's were only allowed 23 passes and completed about 65% 1 TD and no interceptions. If we don't pass 100% of the time some fans grumble. Top 2 QB's are fast and had 50 yards rushing.

Our star players were kept out of the scrimmage, but the backup RB's did good.

What shined today was defense which is going to be a strength. Also our kicking game looked really good.

Only sloppiness was the early QB play as they were slow getting on target. But came back in the later series and did well.

Offense had about 336 yards in 61 plays, 2 TD's and 2 field goals. So they averaged about 5.5 yards and had only one turnover. Not great but not any sloppier than you might expect this early.

DaGriz
August 21st, 2005, 12:06 PM
EWU on the other hand, ouch.

"All-America quarterback Erik Meyer was particularly sharp for the starting offense, completing 5-of-6 passes for 113 yards and a 45-yard touchdown to Brett Bergstrom"

http://www.ewu.edu/x26420.xml

El_Gato
August 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
An optimist would say that obviously EWU's defense will be as bad as advertised...

OL FU
August 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
I have seen a few of Furman's over the years, IMHO they generally look sloppy.