PDA

View Full Version : NEC Schedule Changes

hebmskebm
July 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Monmouth is now playing Robert Morris on Sep. 15 (presumably so they dont have to start the season w/ four straight road games). RMU was schedueled to play St. Francis on the 15th, and no reschedueled date has been announced yet. Additionally, as of now both Monmouth and St. Francis (and Iona) are still without an 11th game. Lotsa moving and shaking going on, does anyone have additional info?

BobbyMo
July 6th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I havent heard anything, but that does not mean a lot. If i hear anything here I will be sure to post it. I would like it, RMU currently has:
@ CCSU 10/13
@ Monmouth 10/20
@ Albany 11/3

It would be nice to have a home game mixed in there. (assuming the SF game was moved to then, but i havent looked at their sched)

If the change is made, we would have 3 in a row on the road, but the one is @ Duquesne which is really close so that really isnt a "road" road game.

JMG1MON
July 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
RMU and Monmouth is definitely the 15th of Sept. now. Don't know why, but I'm guessing Monmouth may have an opponent in mind with an open schedule spot and open schedule date for the 20th of October.

BucBloc
July 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Iona and Monmouth are now open on 10/20. Iona lost a road game w St Petes, Monmouth lost a home game. Easy bus trip for the Gaels. Makes sense. Only 50 minutes further! maybe some basketball dealings will make this a go.

Seawolf97
July 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Its good to see some things getting back to normal

rmutv
July 6th, 2007, 10:46 PM
That makes absolutely no sense for Robert Morris.

The reason they had an off-day on October 27th was to avoid being on the road for three straight weeks.

Now they're switching their schedule to go on the road for three straight weeks in the middle of September?

That makes absolutely no sense.

downbythebeach
July 7th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if SFU just stayed with ten games. It's hard to get excited playing some random D-II school from the Iowa.