PDA

View Full Version : Question for Northeastern fans...

aggie6thman
July 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I am putting together pre-game info on all of our opponents and had a few questions for you Husky fans. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Type of offense:
Type of defense:
Key Losses:
Returning Offensive Starters:
Returning Defensive Starters:

89Hen
July 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I am putting together pre-game info on all of our opponents and had a few questions for you Husky fans. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
There are only a couple fans here, but...

Type of offense: pro multiple
Type of defense: 3-4
Key Losses: Kendrick Ballantyne, TE; Lamar Gay, S
(key) Returning Offensive Starters: Maurice Murray, RB; Anthony Orio, QB
(key) Returning Defensive Starters: Joe Mele, LB; AJ Lillie, LB

KAUMASS
July 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
You can also check out www.caasports.com click on the inaugural 2007 season brochure and they have team breakdowns. Pretty good stuff and lots of info. Good luck against our conference brother aggie6man, but I am rootin' for the Huskies over UCA. Northeastern is usually a tough conference game for any CAA team. Northeastern could be one of our conference sleepers this year. They also have some traveling experience as they opened up with VA. Tech last year and are opening this season at Northwestern.

aggie6thman
July 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
UCA? xconfusedx I think/hope you mean UCD. xnodx.

Thanks for the info!

89Hen
July 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
You can also check out www.caasports.com click on the inaugural 2007 season brochure and they have team breakdowns. Pretty good stuff and lots of info.
Glad I seemed to get it right. xthumbsupx

KAUMASS
July 5th, 2007, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=aggie6thman;585508]UCA? xconfusedx I think/hope you mean UCD. xnodx.

Thanks for the info![/QUote

I'm sorry..I meant USD..uh..oh...uh..UCD!! Just a spoof..no disrespect to UCD's program. Good luck this year in your new stadium.

KAUMASS
July 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=aggie6thman;585508]UCA? xconfusedx I think/hope you mean UCD. xnodx.

Thanks for the info![/QUote

I'm sorry..I meant USD..uh..oh...uh..UCD!! Just a spoof..no disrespect to UCD's program. Good luck this year in your new stadium.

Just curious..Did you see the USD game last year? I know they had a lame schedule except for Yale and UCD..Yale had an off year last year and I know you guys beat them by 10. How was USD?

FlyYtown
July 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
All I care is seeing Northwestern vs. Northeastern on TV.
Boy is that going to be a classic! Love the names!

aggie6thman
July 5th, 2007, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=KAUMASS;585581]

Just curious..Did you see the USD game last year? I know they had a lame schedule except for Yale and UCD..Yale had an off year last year and I know you guys beat them by 10. How was USD?

They hung around for most of the game. Our head coach Bob Biggs gave a halftime speech that none of the players had ever heard. The usually mild mannered Biggs blew up and let 'em have it. It was also the last game at Toomey Field, which had been the home to Aggie football for about 50 years.

I think they have talent and it showed. Josh Johnson made plays when he was scrambling around in the backfield and occasionally sprang free for some big gains.

Overall, if they (San Diego) add schollies, they would be able to make noise.

89Hen
July 6th, 2007, 09:51 AM
All I care is seeing Northwestern vs. Northeastern on TV.
Boy is that going to be a classic! Love the names!
Don't forget that Northeastern also plays Northwestern State this year too. xnodx xnutsx

GeeWiz
July 6th, 2007, 12:07 PM
There are only a couple fans here, but...

Type of offense: pro multiple
Key Losses: Kendrick Ballantyne, TE; Lamar Gay, S
(key) Returning Offensive Starters: Maurice Murray, RB; Anthony Orio, QB
(key) Returning Defensive Starters: Joe Mele, LB; AJ Lillie, LB

89 Hen,

Your breakdown is about right, but I would add.

Type of offense:pro multiple
Key Losses: OL Tim Avery, TE Kendrick Ballantyne, FB Shane Hopkins, DL Matt Campopiano, LB Jamil Young, FS Lamar Gay.
(key) Returning Offensive Starters: RB Maurice Murray, OL, Scott Kaplan, OL Art Dias, OL Tyler Perkins, QB, Anthony Orio, WR Tony Lott
(key) Returning Defensive Starters: DL Wil Colon, LB Jason Vega, LB Craig Kenney, LB Joe Mele, CB Cord Parks, SS, Barry Jeanson

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I would only say that on paper NU looks bad if you were to simply look at stats, but in reality their team is much stronger than the numbers they posted last year. I base that belief in part on their god-awful schedule last year (3 home game, 8 away!!!!) and having Anthony Orio injured the majority of the time last year. He'll bring up their offensive numbers this year, and the defense should continue to improve.

I expect they'll go 6-5 or maybe even 7-4 with a few surprises along the way. Toughest games will be IMO @ UC-Davis, vs. JMU, @ Delaware, @ New Hampshire... They start off the season at Northwestern, so conventional wisdom says they're going to have a tough season, but things change weekly in the CAA. At least with 5 home games they have an excellent opportunity to improve off of last season's hellish rollercoaster of a schedule.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Also, per philsteele.com and his preview, they return 8 starters on Offense and 7 on Defense. A strong nucleus of players returning on both sides of the ball, especially offense.

Umass74
July 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Their RB, Maurice Murray is a load. Avoid the Huskies in bad weather and on their home field.

Tilldog40
July 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
You could say we run a pro offense, but we really are just a running team. We are hoping that changes this year of our recievers step up.