PDA

View Full Version : Stadium site back up.

Ronbo
July 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
The site that had leaked out and was only available for a few hours is up for good now. Lot's of fun stuff to look at.

Expansion Website (http://umt.edu/athletics/wgs_index.htm)

Here is a photoshop look at how the stadium will look when complete and full.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10045/2008expansion.jpg

th0m
July 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I don't think you need to worry about it being full, right? ;)

Dane96
July 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Wait...from those pics it looks like the top is going to be longer than the original 2000 seats. Is that the case?

Ronbo
July 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Nope that's a 2000 expansion. The club level takes up alot of room for only 500 seats. They are stadium chairbacks.

The original plan was written up in the paper a few months ago to go between the 25's. There was a email campaign from eGriz that voiced concerns that a deck between the 25's might look funny and they changed it and it now runs from the 10 yard line to the 10 yard line. Ah, the power of the people.

Franks Tanks
July 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Nope that's a 2000 expansion. The club level takes up alot of room for only 500 seats. They are stadium chairbacks.

The original plan was written up in the paper a few months ago to go between the 25's. There was a email campaign from eGriz that voiced concerns that a deck between the 25's might look funny and they changed it and it now runs from the 10 yard line to the 10 yard line. Ah, the power of the people.

Why do you keep expanding a little here and a little there, is it financial? You guys could probably build a huge second deck to make the stadium like 35 k and still fill it up. 2k more seats seems like a drop in the bucket.

Ronbo
July 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well the Administration and Athletic Department wanted a 4000 seat expansion and the students and Regents put the kabosh on it. It would have required a $17 increase per semester for student athletic fees and the Regents thought that would ba a terrible burden. The students would have had to sacrafice a a couple twelve packs a semester. And that was just out of the question.

R.A.
July 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Sjould have probably just gone big.

Franks Tanks
July 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Well the Administration and Athletic Department wanted a 4000 seat expansion and the students and Regents put the kabosh on it. It would have required a $17 increase per semester for student athletic fees and the Regents thought that would ba a terrible burden. The students would have had to sacrafice a a couple twelve packs a semester. And that was just out of the question.

Thats unfortunate, how many people do you think consistently go without tickets for an average game who would want to be their?

CopperCat
July 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Here we go again.xcoffeex:D

patssle
July 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
there arn't any financial backers that could do an interest free loan or something?

TheBisonator
July 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Here we go again.xcoffeex:D

A little jealous??:D :D :D

GOKATS
July 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM

I haven't been a college student for many, many years, but I'm glad to see priorities haven't changed any.xbeerchugx

Why the hell would any student facing never ending tuition increases be in favor of an additional charge to increase stadium seating for non-students?

Ronbo
July 5th, 2007, 09:46 PM
That's just it. The 3300 student tickets we have now go on sale every Monday morning at 8:00 am. They are usually sold out by Tuesday. This two thousand seat expansion provides 750 new student seats in the South End Zone. If we had gotten the 4000 seats the students would have gotten 1500 more seats.

Mountaineer#96
July 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM
That other Montana school is getting jealous again.........

NoSpinZone
July 6th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Why do you keep expanding a little here and a little there, is it financial? You guys could probably build a huge second deck to make the stadium like 35 k and still fill it up. 2k more seats seems like a drop in the bucket.

So the other schools in FCS don't make they move up.

trouthunter
July 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
What is the average attendance for at MSU game--excluding cat-griz?

cats2506
July 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM

I think last year it was around 11,000

Appstate29
July 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
That's just it. The 3300 student tickets we have now go on sale every Monday morning at 8:00 am. They are usually sold out by Tuesday. This two thousand seat expansion provides 750 new student seats in the South End Zone. If we had gotten the 4000 seats the students would have gotten 1500 more seats.

only 3300 students get to go to your games??? that sucks.

Ronbo
July 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Well it goes to 4050 in 2008. Hey they wanted to give them 5000 seats but the students turned it down. When you have a huge waiting list for seats at $28 apiece you don't give the students 7000 seats. Montana has 9700 undergrads, 4050 seats will be 42% of the student body gets to go to the game.

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Well it goes to 4050 in 2008. Hey they wanted to give them 5000 seats but the students turned it down. When you have a huge waiting list for seats at $28 apiece you don't give the students 7000 seats. Montana has 9700 undergrads, 4050 seats will be 42% of the student body gets to go to the game.

Also keep in mind that a good chunk of the student body has no interest in football whatsoever. That probably had a lot to do with the 4000 expansion being turned down. That and the ASUM idiots being against fee increases of any kind. I definitely would have gone for it. xnodx

Tod
July 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Lord! That looks so much better than I feared! :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the info, Ronbo!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

PantherRob82
July 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM

Why the hell would any student facing never ending tuition increases be in favor of an additional charge to increase stadium seating for non-students?

When it's $17, who cares? The cost of everything is increasing.

TheBisonator
July 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Sorry to hijack the topic, but I didn't realise that U Montana was that small in student size. I always thought UM had about 14,000 total students or so (unless you have thousands and thousands of grad students). Heck, even NDSU has about 800 more undergrads than Montana (10,500 last year).

I did know however, that there were only 3,300 student tickets available at Montana. I bet a lot of students get turned down every week. NDSU is allocated about 4,000 student spots every game, and that's just a teeny bit more than we fill up currently (about 3,000-3,500 students avg.).

Ronbo
July 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
That undergrad figure was listed in the 2006 Equity in Athletics Website.

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/search.asp

Total enrollment is around 13,600. Montana offers many Masters and Doctorate Degrees so we have a pretty good population of Graduate students. We're a Research Doctorate University.

TheBisonator
July 7th, 2007, 02:40 PM
That undergrad figure was listed in the 2006 Equity in Athletics Website.

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/search.asp

Total enrollment is around 13,600. Montana offers many Masters and Doctorate Degrees so we have a pretty good population of Graduate students.

Yeah, I figured you guys had somewhere between 13-14,000. Probably a med school and law school helps alot with the grad population. NDSU's also a research doctorate-extensive university, but we only have about 2,000 grad students. I don't know what percentage of grad students at Montana are football fans, though.

GOKATS
July 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Last year was over 13,000- officially 12,758, but the home playoff game against Furman on Thankgiving weekend with the students gone brought the average down. Cat/Griz was in Missoula last year.

CopperCat
July 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I think last year it was around 11,000

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/attendance/IAA_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

It was actually 12,758 for 2006 for a total of 7 home games (not bad I'd say). With that home game against Furman being only around 9,500, that average is pretty healthy. MSU has done some good things to help boost attendance (like winning).

Yeah, to answer the questions of some of you antagonists out there, I am a little jealous of what UM is doing to their stadium. BUT MSU has arguably brought its team to the brink of UM's level having not even HALF the stuff that they have. I'd rather earn a bigger stadium and indoor practice facility through winning more games, and ultimately the NC.