July 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Set your DVRs and TiVo's.

ESPNU is replaying the 2006 Championship game on Monday 7/9 at 3 pm

xthumbsupx :) xthumbsupx :) xthumbsupx

I wonder who will win this time.

Col Hogan
July 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM

I'm hoping we can this time...but I doubt it...

Different note...how many of you actually get ESPNU? I still can't...and our cable system just did a big upgrade...xbawlingx xbawlingx

dennisdent
July 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Set your DVRs and TiVo's.

ESPNU is replaying the 2006 Championship game on Monday 7/9 at 3 pm

xthumbsupx :) xthumbsupx :) xthumbsupx

Thanks!xthumbsupx

Just DVR'd the UMass/Navy game that was replayed on CSTV and now I can tape this game. Of course the only two games being replayed since I got a DVR are ones that UMass lost; which I attended. :(

Now if they would only replay the UNH game(s)...

ISUMatt
July 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I get ESPNU

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I've got a couple of DVDs of the Appalachian State-UMass championship game. It was fun to see it when I got them a couple of months back. Being that I was covering the game, I hadn't had a chance to see the broadcast before.

BTW, both Dish Network and DirecTV carry ESPNU. If you want to see lots of FCS games, satellite is the way to go. Tons of games are on each week.

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks!xthumbsupx

Just DVR'd the UMass/Navy game that was replayed on CSTV and now I can tape this game. Of course the only two games being replayed since I got a DVR are ones that UMass lost; which I attended. :(

Now if they would only replay the UNH game(s)...

There are probably plenty of people around who have copies of those two classic games. Once again, when are we going to mobilize and start trading these classic FCS games with each other. I am hoping that a couple of sources get some DVDs to me in the next few weeks.

The NCAA website is also an excellent source for some of the FCS playoff games, with its DVD on demand service. Don't have the link handy, but you can find it on the NCAA website. They have I-AA/FCS games going all the way back to 1984 (every championship game since 1985). There are a lot of playoff games on there.

spelunker64
July 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I've got a couple of DVDs of the Appalachian State-UMass championship game. It was fun to see it when I got them a couple of months back. Being that I was covering the game, I hadn't had a chance to see the broadcast before.

BTW, both Dish Network and DirecTV carry ESPNU. If you want to see lots of FCS games, satellite is the way to go. Tons of games are on each week.

I have Dish Network but no E$PNU.

The Older Gentleman
July 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm hoping we can this time...but I doubt it...

Different note...how many of you actually get ESPNU? I still can't...and our cable system just did a big upgrade...xbawlingx xbawlingx

I still don't.xsmhx

Charter cable sucks. I'm thinking of switching to a dish. Question to you satelite subscribers, any drawbacks to a dish?

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I have Dish Network but no E$PNU.

Dish Network has had ESPNU for nearly two years (Sept., 2005). I believe it is Channel 148 on my TV.

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I still don't.xsmhx

Charter cable sucks. I'm thinking of switching to a dish. Question to you satelite subscribers, any drawbacks to a dish?

Maybe a couple of times a year I lose my signal for a few minutes to some extremely heavy rains, but that is about it. Otherwise, it works great. All of those cable commercials about problems with satellite are total bunk.

GannonFan
July 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM

I don't have it yet but Verizon's FIOS looks pretty good in terms of coverage as well.

spelunker64
July 5th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Dish Network has had ESPNU for nearly two years (Sept., 2005). I believe it is Channel 148 on my TV.

I only have the Top 100 package so it's E$PN, E$PN2, E$PN News, and NFL Network.

Only $29.99/month though xthumbsupx

You have to get the Top 250 package for $52.99 to get E$PNU (of course a bunch of other channels) :(

spelunker64
July 5th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe a couple of times a year I lose my signal for a few minutes to some extremely heavy rains, but that is about it. Otherwise, it works great. All of those cable commercials about problems with satellite are total bunk.

Same here, only during Thunderstorms here so far.

spelunker64
July 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM

NDSU xrolleyesx xsmiley_wix :D

GOKATS
July 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I still don't.xsmhx

I've had both DirecTV and Dish the past 15 years or so- DirecTV the last 10 & I certainly see no drawbacks.

dennisdent
July 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
There are probably plenty of people around who have copies of those two classic games. Once again, when are we going to mobilize and start trading these classic FCS games with each other. I am hoping that a couple of sources get some DVDs to me in the next few weeks.

The NCAA website is also an excellent source for some of the FCS playoff games, with its DVD on demand service. Don't have the link handy, but you can find it on the NCAA website. They have I-AA/FCS games going all the way back to 1984 (every championship game since 1985). There are a lot of playoff games on there.

Thanks

This is the only page I found for DVDs on the NCAA site: http://ncaa.sportgraphics.biz/index.asp?cmd=showcategory&param_0=19

If anyone knows where to find DVDs from past FCS games (regular season or playoffs) please post it! xbowx

B&G
July 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM

My girlfriend's parents have been less fortunate. They live by a lake in a heavily wooded area and they have had many problems with it. As long as you live in the city you should be fine.

OL FU
July 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I still don't.xsmhx

Wassupxeyebrowx

This is a football threadxsmiley_wix

already123
July 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
What time will that be on the west coast?

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 05:29 PM
My girlfriend's parents have been less fortunate. They live by a lake in a heavily wooded area and they have had many problems with it. As long as you live in the city you should be fine.

My house is in a very remote area about 30 minutes outside of Boone. It is also heavily forested (we see Bambi every day and I'm not talking about Lance Alworth). I still think you can't beat Dish or DirecTV for college football. You just have to make sure everything is set up right.

Mr. C
July 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Wassupxeyebrowx

This is a football threadxsmiley_wix

I thought I was talking about football. :)

SoCon48
July 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I only have the Top 100 package so it's E$PN, E$PN2, E$PN News, and NFL Network.

You have to get the Top 250 package for $52.99 to get E$PNU (of course a bunch of other channels) :(

On DISH it only costs 5 bucks to drop a package and no fee to add.. So i run the packages that cover FCS football for a few months then drop all that crap at the end of the season.

OL FU
July 6th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I thought I was talking about football. :)

I was jabbing the Older Gentlemen who always tells me he doesn't read the football threadsxnodx

lillycafe
July 6th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Mr. C,

Do you have any other choice besides satellite, other than antenna? Have you had to call for any service on your satellite system? If not, just wait until you do and make sure you have your checkbook ready. Do you live at Powderhorn? If so, there is not much choice for TV in Triplett, huh?

GreatAppSt
July 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Upgrade in August, Downgrade in January. The extra 13 bucks or so per month gets you a weeks worth of games to watch every week during the season. Money well worth spending, IMHO.xthumbsupx

Mr. C
July 6th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Mr. C,

Do you have any other choice besides satellite, other than antenna? Have you had to call for any service on your satellite system? If not, just wait until you do and make sure you have your checkbook ready. Do you live at Powderhorn? If so, there is not much choice for TV in Triplett, huh?

Pretty much satellite is it out there (you've got the area correct). We had good, old Charter cable when we lived closer to Boone. What a piece of junk that was. We finally switched to Primestar (anyone remember them?) about a year before we moved. Never have had ANY problems with the satellite stuff in the 10-plus years in the Triplett area. Now I won't have to worry about it. My new office has satellite TV in it and our main control room has 32 TV monitors to keep track of every game. Everyone's office has one or more TVs, hooked up to satellite. I'll also have two or three TVs set up at home. There will be plenty of games to catch up with when I get back every weekend.

phillyAPP
July 6th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Pretty much satellite is it out there (you've got the area correct). We had good, old Charter cable when we lived closer to Boone. What a piece of junk that was. We finally switched to Primestar (anyone remember them?) about a year before we moved. Never have had ANY problems with the satellite stuff in the 10-plus years in the Triplett area. Now I won't have to worry about it. My new office has satellite TV in it and our main control room has 32 TV monitors to keep track of every game. Everyone's office has one or more TVs, hooked up to satellite. I'll also have two or three TVs set up at home. There will be plenty of games to catch up with when I get back every weekend.

Mr. C. - Do you have to move to Philly to do your new job?