PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Comeback - FINAL ROUNDS! (Part I)

NDSUFREAK
July 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well we have made it this far everyone and this is how it is going to go down. First of all, the comeback that had the largest margin of victory of all the other 3 will have a bye round into the next part of the final rounds. The next way this will go is that there will be 2 games at a time going at it for a period of 3 days instead of 5. SO, vote everytime and vote for the one that is most deserving of the AGS Best FCS Comeback!

NDSU at Montana had a 19 vote difference over the 2nd place game so that is the game that will have the bye into the semis.

SeattleGriz
July 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Had to be a homer and vote for the Montana win because it ushered in the Dave Dickenson era.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Dickenson is considered by many to be the greatest quarterback ever to play for the University of Montana. He owns numerous Big Sky Conference and Montana records. By the time he graduated in 1995, Dickenson had the highest completion percentage, highest percentage of passes for a touchdown, and fewest interceptions per pass in NCAA Division I-AA history. In his college career (including playoff games) he completed 1,015 of 1,477 passes (68.7%) for 13,486 yards, with 116 touchdowns and only 26 interceptions, and was responsible for 137 total touchdowns (116 passing and 21 rushing).

In 1995, Dickenson's senior season, he threw for 5,676 yards in fifteen games, including 1,500 in four playoff games. After leading the Grizzlies to the I-AA national championship in 1995, Dickenson won the 1995 Walter Payton Award as the outstanding offensive player in Division I-AA.

In Montana, he is known as "Super Dave" and "The Legend of the Fall." His college jersey number, #15, was retired by the University of Montana. He is one of only two players so honored. In 2004, he was voted the most popular athlete from Montana in a Sports Illustrated poll.

th0m
July 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I had to be a homer too ;) JMU, Delaware, and W&M played a total of 5 games between the 3, with no team winning twice against the same team. I don't think JMU could've beaten Delaware a second time, especially not considering the way we beat them during the reg. season (being outgained like 300 yds)

grizband
July 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I was a homer and picked Montana's comeback over SDSU, primarily because it created the legend of Dave Dickenson, one of the best QBs to ever play in the FCS!

NDSUFREAK
July 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
VERY CLOSE VOTING!

NDSUFREAK
July 6th, 2007, 12:38 PM
GOOSE!!
ONE MORE DAY LEFT

RE/MAXGriz
July 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Homer vote as well, I was at that game, working in the pressbox as a "high school job" that was one of the best games I've ever seen, Montana v SDSU.

ASU_Chad
July 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
W&M, that's the epitome of what a playoff game is meant to be.

CopperCat
July 6th, 2007, 09:55 PM
VERY CLOSE VOTING!

Only because the UM constituency is bigger than most...xlolx

But that game DID gift Montana with one of its best football players ever.

NDSUFREAK
July 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
BY ONE VOTE MONTANA VS SDSU WINS OUT AN ADVANCES INTO THE SEMIS