PDA

View Full Version : Best Gameday Program in the FCS goes to....

FlyYtown
July 3rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY!

Youngstown - The 2006 Youngstown State Football Gameday Program, Penguin Power, has been judged as the year's top Football Championship Subdivision Program by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

The 2006-07 publication awards were presented at the CoSIDA annual convention on Tuesday in San Diego, Calif.
Penguin Power, a 172-page production of the YSU Sports Information and Marketing Offices, placed first in the FCS competition ahead of Harvard and Georgia Southern. Earning top cover honors was Harvard.
Each edition of Penguin Power is printed by Pegasus Printing in Youngstown.

Penguin Power also earned Best-in-the-Nation honors in 2001 and 2002.

If you guys actually got ahold of one of our programs, you'd understand why we won this award. It's loaded with information, and the entire thing is in color and printed NEW each and every week! 172 Pages of Info!

813Jag
July 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
What's a program? xlolx xlolx xlolx

phillyAPP
July 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM

Youngstown - The 2006 Youngstown State Football Gameday Program, Penguin Power, has been judged as the year's top Football Championship Subdivision Program by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

The 2006-07 publication awards were presented at the CoSIDA annual convention on Tuesday in San Diego, Calif.
Penguin Power, a 172-page production of the YSU Sports Information and Marketing Offices, placed first in the FCS competition ahead of Harvard and Georgia Southern. Earning top cover honors was Harvard.

If you guys actually got ahold of one of our programs, you'd understand why we won this award. It's loaded with information, and the entire thing is in color and printed NEW each and every week! 172 Pages of Info!

I hope APP steps up on our program. its great to watch a game when you have a good program to read. I really like when they have big visitor section so I can understand who to watch on the other team.

Congrat's - maybe I'll get the chance to see one live.

FlyYtown
July 3rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Small thumbnail of a cover:

http://ysusports.com/miscellaneous/ProgramCover.jpg

Col Hogan
July 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
What's the cost to the consumer...and how big is the staff that works on it?

FlyYtown
July 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
What's the cost to the consumer...and how big is the staff that works on it?

Cost: $2.00
Dept: YSU Sports Information Dept. makes it, in association with Pegasus Printing in Youngstown... The staff really is not that big on it then, because the sports info dept. only has total of 5 people in it. The printing company pretty much just prints it.

th0m
July 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
I guess the game has to be really boring to go through 172 pages of info ;)

No but seriously, congrats on the award, it seems like a lot of people put a lot of time into that program and it is being recognized.

spelunker64
July 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, we need football to start soon

GannonFan
July 3rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Wow, buying a program, can't remember the last time I did that. I just print thw two-deeps off the free online gamenotes and go from there. If you're waiting for the gameday program to tell you what to watch then I have to ask where you've been the whole week leading up to the game. Not knocking YSU's program, I've gotten them before and they are good. Just not my cup of tea. xcoffeex

already123
July 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
xhomerx xgiveadamnx xhomerx

LBPop
July 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Wow, buying a program, can't remember the last time I did that. I just print thw two-deeps off the free online gamenotes and go from there.

I keep telling myself to do that, but I'm a Dad and I've gotta have a program from every game.:D It's one of those costs of sending the kid to college that aren't published in the school's PR material.xlolx

Ivytalk
July 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM

At least the Crimson finished second!:D And I'd put up our media guide against anyone's!xnodx

Oh, OK....xhomerx

GeauxLions94
July 3rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
At least the Crimson finished second!:D And I'd put up our media guide against anyone's!xnodx

Oh, OK....xhomerx

xflaggedx

10 yards against the offense for ...

xhomerx

Loss of down. Now second down!

:p

GoGuins
July 4th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Cost: $2.00
Dept: YSU Sports Information Dept. makes it, in association with Pegasus Printing in Youngstown... The staff really is not that big on it then, because the sports info dept. only has total of 5 people in it. The printing company pretty much just prints it.

It's actually $3.00, has been for years

FlyYtown
July 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
It's actually $3.00, has been for years

Wasn't sure GoGuins. I usually get my copy up in the loges where they are just sitting all around the place. Still very very affordable for such a quality product.

GoGuins
July 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Wasn't sure GoGuins. I usually get my copy up in the loges where they are just sitting all around the place. Still very very affordable for such a quality product.

Loges are cool, my company had one up until this past year