PDA

View Full Version : NCCU Soars into Div I

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2007, 07:31 AM
The Division I transition begins for NCCU...

Discussion of the increased costs and the plans to get as much as $450,000 in guarantee games per season as they continue their path to Div I...

When will the MEAC come calling?

---------------
Lorenzo Perez, Staff Writer
DURHAM - As with many break-ups, the final step in N.C. Central's split with the CIAA came with a phone call Wednesday.

The Durham school had already submitted its strategic plan to the NCAA for its planned leap to Division I play and had been operating under those rules since June 1. All that was left was the call to the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association, formally notifying the Division II conference of historically black schools to finalize its departure

Saturday marked N.C. Central's final day in the CIAA, signaling the impending start of a five-year reclassification process required by the NCAA.

"This university is going to grow, so our objective all along has been to keep pace with the university's growth," NCCU athletics director Bill Hayes said. "Needless to say, we're very excited about the move."

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/622904.html

813Jag
July 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
Looks like they're building a good program there. xthumbsupx

BEAR
July 1st, 2007, 09:00 AM
Isn't that the school that was caught cheating on video using headsets during football games? What ever happened to that? I remember NCC fans getting slammed hard on the d2 board after somebody posted the video. I watched it and it looked pretty suspicious. Were they ever convicted by the NCAA of cheating? xeyebrowx

Here's the article from ABC that covered it:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=3580644#

already123
July 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
will their success transfer aswell??

Fresno St. Alum
July 1st, 2007, 03:01 PM
I hope the MEAC still takes them even though it would put the conference at 13

zilla
July 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Presbyterian, future member of the Big South (2008), is now officially Division 1 also.

Congrats to NCCU & PC!

ucdtim17
July 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
. . . and the transition ends for us

http://www.bigwest.org//story.asp?story_id=10400

already123
July 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
great

Bison4Life
July 2nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
interesting

g-webb1994
July 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Presbyterian, future member of the Big South (2008), is now officially Division 1 also.

Congrats to NCCU & PC!

PC will have immediate success IMO. Their men's hoops coach has been on that campus forever, and longevity in a staff during the move can only help.

How long before NCCU and Duke tee it up in football, or can Duke afford the humiliation of losing to a cross-town rival?

I wonder if ole Jesse J. gave NCCU any $$$$ for the move, being that he sees fit to give free education to any of their students that yell rape.xliarx

R.A.
July 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
interesting

Oh yeah, they're on top of our conference over here xthumbsupx

EPJr
July 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
I and sure the MEAC will take Central back (as they were an original conference member). They also need their fan presence at the basketball tournament in Raleigh.

lizrdgizrd
July 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Yay! Now I can see FCS teams play near my house! xhurrayx