PDA

View Full Version : Towson Football on the radio

andy7171
June 29th, 2007, 12:10 PM
This is good news for the football program. WNST is one of only two local sports talk stations here in Baltimore. They are heavy into the Raven talk, so getting Towson football on this station will help promote the games over the next 3 seasons and hopefully get the attendance up!

http://www.towsontigers.com/sports/football/release.asp?release_id=3813

I also like the fact they are going to have an hour pre-game show. The old station, run by TU, would cut into broadcasting about 2 minutes from kick-off.

LBPop
June 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM
That's great for an FCS school to get that kind of exposure in a market as large as Baltimore. Towson is already making great strides; this will have to help. xnodx

By the way, will this be the year that Marcus Lee blows up? I think that kid has the real potential for a 70 catch season.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Great news Andy! I hope I can hear some of it from here in Arlington, but that's doubtful... Chances are I'd be in Harrisonburg most saturdays anyway.

Really should help the exposure of the team to the greater football fanbase in Baltimore. No reason you guys can't get that place rockin'! xthumbsupx

andy7171
July 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
That's great for an FCS school to get that kind of exposure in a market as large as Baltimore. Towson is already making great strides; this will have to help. xnodx

By the way, will this be the year that Marcus Lee blows up? I think that kid has the real potential for a 70 catch season.
Marcus Lee is definately going to be Schaefers #1 target in the next two seasons. He already has two 50 catch years. Him and Demetreus Harrision(SR) were the #2 and #3 WRs last season. Towson has a couple nice young WR behind them too. Including a 6-9 JC transfer who plays basketball for the Tigers as well. That's 6-9 that runs a 4.5. Can you say REDZONE target? xnodx

Go...gate
July 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Just saw where the Tigers and Colgate have signed for a game in 2011 @Unitas Stadium. Sounds good.