PDA

View Full Version : Saluki nation what is up?

ShowMeBear2
June 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM
How will your team fare this year with some key guys gone?

Mountain Panther
June 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
They always reload....and when they visit the Dome in odd years (i.e. 2003 & 2005) it is a real barnburner.

Tod
June 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
skinny_uncle, paging skinny_uncle!! xcoachx SKINNY_UNCLE, FRONT AND CENTER!!!

:) :) :D

ShowMeBear2
June 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics16/400/OD/ODESWYQIBSVFTSW.20061206223409.jpg

igo4uni
June 29th, 2007, 09:52 PM

Hello..............anyone there??

Mountain Panther
June 29th, 2007, 10:26 PM
From their website...

Starters Returning (13)

Offense (7)
WR Phil Goforth (6-2, 205, Sr.)
LT Darren Marquez (6-5, 310,Jr.)
LG Aaron Lockwood (6-2, 315, Jr.)
RG Shawn Smith (6-4, 275, So.)
RT Andrew Kernes (6-6, 300, Sr.)
QB Nick Hill (6-3, 205, Sr.)
WR Alan Turner (6-0, 210, Sr.)

Defense (5)
DT Andre Tillman (5-11, 285, Sr.)
LB Brandin Jordan (5-10, 220, So.)
LB Trevor Moe (6-1, 210, Sr.)
S Clayton Johnson (5-10, 180, Jr.)
CB Craig Turner (5-10, 195, Sr.)

Special Teams (1)
K Scott Ravanesi (6-1, 190, So.)

Starters Lost (11)

Offense (4)
RB Arke Whitlock
FB J.T. Wise
C Will Justice
TE Braden Jones

Defense (6)
DE Micah King
DT Justin Lowes
DE Lorenzo Wims
CB Brandon Bruner
S Marlon Heaston
S Patrick Jordan

Special Teams (1)
K Craig Coffin

2007 All-Star Candidates
CB/RS Craig Turner, QB Nick Hill, OT Darren Marquez, G Shawn Smith, LB Brandin Jordan, RB John Randle, WR Alan Turner

R.A.
June 29th, 2007, 11:04 PM
That Hampton game at the end of the season should be interesting.

SO ILLmatic
June 30th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I think the 07 Saluki team is going to have to come out each week ready to play. They wont have the luxury of taking the opponents lightly or depending on one star player to make the difference for them.

On the offensive side of the ball, the most important position in coach Kill's offense was left vacant by Arkee. He was the focal point of the offense and it is going to be difficult to replace an impact player like Whitlock. The two most likely options at the RB position will be John Randle and Naji Shinskia. Also i hear that juco transfer Deji Abdul Karim performed well in the spring game, so he also may be in option. I am not overly impressed with Randle and expect Shinskia to be the premier back. Nick Hill is back for his second season as the saluki qb. I expect him to be more relaxed this year and the leader of the team. That is if Coach Kill allows more passing into the offense, opposite to showing at Montana where it seemed like he wanted Arkee to do everything. He is going to have to throw the ball more and the receivers, led by Goforth & Allan Turner, are going to have to be more productive.

On the defensive side we lost key players like Wims, Bruner, Heaston, & Jordan. Trevor Moe & Craig Turner are going to have to pick of the slack left by these players. During the spring game it was reported that the 4-2-5 defense was more impressive than the offense. With a defense that is questionable at times, I feel that anything positive is something to work with. I hope that the defensive coaches get things together and they dont leave the defense as vulnerable as it was at times. I can see the possibility of Craig Turner playing on defense, special times, & the offense. He is very skillful and we should take advantage of his abilities.

In the overall outlook on the season I think that we have the opportunity to go 8 & 3 in the regular season. With the 3 losses coming from 2 in conference & 1 @ North IL OR 3 in conference losses. The game at NIU will tell alot about the team and will give them direction towards the remaining 9 games.

skinny_uncle
July 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM

You rang?
The Dawgs will be fine. Some good players graduated, but that happens every year. Our QB is back with most of the offensive line. Backup RB John Randle (5.1 yards/carry and 5 TDs in limited action) will likely be Whitlock's replacement. Returner Craig Turner (14.9 yds/PR and 21.9 yds/KR) is back and has the potential to be a gamebreaker.
The defense should be improved. The Gateway is loaded this year at the top , but don't be surprised if Coach Kill finds a way to get back to the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
July 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Hello..............anyone there??
I just don't hang around much in the off-season. Still almost 2 months to go until football season.

BigApp
July 3rd, 2007, 07:49 PM

I agree xnodx

skinny_uncle
July 4th, 2007, 08:01 AM

It's a school we have never played before. Looking forward to it.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They always reload....and when they visit the Dome in odd years (i.e. 2003 & 2005) it is a real barnburner.
Prophetic post.
xnodx