PDA

View Full Version : MSU RB is done....

CopperCat
June 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evin Groves told head coach Rob Ash today that he will not be returning to MSU for the 2007 season, and will retire from football.

http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=fb&nid=2124

My reaction is that Groves did indeed put up with alot of injuries. But I really can't help but think he quit just because Kramer wasn't coming back. What a crock (if that is the case, I can't really say). You are being pretty selfish if you quit because you didn't want to play for the new coach. Safety Abraham Muheize also said he won't be coming to MSU for the fall, which may also be due to Kramer being let go.

PSUVikings
June 26th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Evin Groves told head coach Rob Ash today that he will not be returning to MSU for the 2007 season, and will retire from football.

My reaction is that Groves did indeed put up with alot of injuries. But I really can't help but think he quit just because Kramer wasn't coming back. What a crock (if that is the case, I can't really say). You are being pretty selfish if you quit because you didn't want to play for the new coach. Safety Abraham Muheize also said he won't be coming to MSU for the fall, which may also be due to Kramer being let go.

Was he a starter?

This happens all the time, hopefully he is among the short list of players that leave.

Seawolf97
June 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM
This happens in every sport. Players click with certain coaches and dont want to change or will follow a coach to another school.

OB55
June 26th, 2007, 07:47 PM
The big human was a good role model, kids came because they believed in him. He cared about them, and he was discarded by those who hired him to do what they hired him to do. MSU is in football hell right now, and the new guy has no chance with the retards still in place above him.

Big, big wreck on the near horizon. xnonono2xxnonono2x

If you have all your faith in Peter, that is what you can expect to get.

PSUVikings
June 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
The big human was a good role , kids came because they believed in him. He cared about them, and he was discarded by those who hired him to do what they hired him to do. MSU is in football hell right now, and the new guy has no chance with the retards still in place above him.

I think this season they will be affected by it big time, long term? Doubt that.

CrazyCat
June 26th, 2007, 08:21 PM
The big human was a good role model, kids came because they believed in him. He cared about them, and he was discarded by those who hired him to do what they hired him to do. MSU is in football hell right now, and the new guy has no chance with the retards still in place above him.

I'm not a huge Fields fan but how can you blame him for Groves' knee? One guy retires because of injury, who knows why Muhieze left(maybe grades). Two O lineman didn't make grades. This team is far from being a "big wreck."

CrazyCat
June 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Listen to this song made by Evin and then give me your thoughts.

http://www.myspace.com/msubobcatmusic (http://www.myspace.com/msubobcatmusic)

Franks Tanks
June 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Listen to this song made by Evin and then give me your thoughts.

http://www.myspace.com/msubobcatmusic (http://www.myspace.com/msubobcatmusic)

HAHA..that was hilarious sounded like a song from a SNL skit

Proud Griz Man
June 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Groves was a Really good player. I wish him well in his next pursuit. xsmileyclapx

OB55
June 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Ok I am a Kramer fan, I admit it. This program needed help and they got it, in a proven program builder, Mike Kramer. They bailed on him for doing exactly what he was hired to do. The criminals were not even in his program anymore. xconfusedx

One step up and two steps back. This season will be a total disaster, how do you build on that??

Good luck cats, I do not root against you. xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

CopperCat
June 26th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ok I am a Kramer fan, I admit it. This program needed help and they got it, in a proven program builder, Mike Kramer. They bailed on him for doing exactly what he was hired to do. The criminals were not even in his program anymore. xconfusedx

One step up and two steps back. This season will be a total disaster, how do you build on that??

Good luck cats, I do not root against you. xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

While your comments on Kramer and Fields are spot on IMO, I think that this season won't be a total disaster. It will be a hard pill to swallow at times, but there are still some players left that can make a difference. Aaron Mason at RB is one. Deon Tolliver at WR is another. We'll be good at QB (not great). Our LB's are some of the best in the BSC (severely underrated as a unit). Some good things will happen, so don't write us off just yet.

OB55
June 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
While your comments on Kramer and Fields are spot on IMO, I think that this season won't be a total disaster. It will be a hard pill to swallow at times, but there are still some players left that can make a difference. Aaron Mason at RB is one. Deon Tolliver at WR is another. We'll be good at QB (not great). Our LB's are some of the best in the BSC (severely underrated as a unit). Some good things will happen, so don't write us off just yet.

Yeah, I am all over that, Clive Lowe a case in point at LB, but the leadership thing is huge, and at this point that comes from above the HC. Believe me, I wish you guys the best. xthumbsupx

CopperCat
June 26th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I am all over that, Clive Lowe a case in point at LB, but the leadership thing is huge, and at this point that comes from above the HC. Believe me, I wish you guys the best. xthumbsupx

Very true. Somebody will come through for us, I hope.xprayx

Bobcat in NC
June 27th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Was he a starter?

This happens all the time, hopefully he is among the short list of players that leave.

Groves would have been second, maybe even third, string this year. The knee just wouldn't get better, and he had moved down the depth chart as a result. Personally, and this is opinion only, I don't think that his decision had a single thing to do with the coaching situation. My guess is he went through rehab and spring ball, realized that he wasn't where he needed to be, tried a little more rehab, and figured out that he'd rather be walking when he's 40 than play one more season.

Muhieze, on the other hand, very well could have been a casualty of the change. Or maybe he decided that the program just wasn't what he thought it was (or got scared off by all the troubles) and decided to go back for his second year of JC ball to see which of the big boys would give him a shot after. Who knows...

The FAR more worrisome situation is on the offensive line. Losing DeCock and Saucedo is going to hurt, big time. Offensively, there are definitely some issues for Coach Ash to work out. Defensively, completely different story. If they can plug a few holes in the secondary, the Cats will be just fine. Daly, Claggett, King, Bobo, etc. all back. Definitely not a "total disaster".

And Fields is a joke. I think that OB55 and I are on the same page there...

PSUVikings
June 27th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I can't stand watching opponents lose their players, hopefully this stops here, for MSU and UM.

Somebody on my board pointed out the Griz lose 2 DB's to their debacle, and yet they set to face the Viking R&S offense, anyone with a football mind knows every team has to be stacked in the secondary if you are going to stop the offense, if you don't, expect big numbers.

Just like PSU I think this new head coach for MSU can provide a new beginning, maybe getting MSU over that last hump.

cats2506
June 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I dont really think groves dropping out has anything to do with the coaching change. He has been badly injured and loves the game and the bobcats. If he could play at all he would. I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope that his knee will heal so that he can have a healty life.

Kramer did great things for us BUT the constant barrage of problems both in grades and crime had to be stoped. I for one am sick and tired of explaining these types of problems to my 9 yr old who is a huge fan of the Bobcats.

I think Ash is a great choice and am very impressed with the staff he has, If a player quites because Ash is the coach I believe it was probably for the better. I think the cats will have a fairly good year, they have their backs against the wall now, Just like the real thing Bobcats always fight the hardest when cornered.

ysubigred
June 27th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Looks like we snatched this RB from you guy's also.

JUCO RB Kevin Smith from Grosmont CC in Calif. Maybe he figured he would play at YSU before he had a chance at MSU.

already123
June 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM
were these guys any good? will they actually be missed (as far as their play on the field)?

Best of luck to them in whatever they end up doing

Proud Griz Man
June 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I can't stand watching opponents lose their players, hopefully this stops here, for MSU and UM.

Somebody on my board pointed out the Griz lose 2 DB's to their debacle, and yet they set to face the Viking R&S offense, anyone with a football mind knows every team has to be stacked in the secondary if you are going to stop the offense, if you don't, expect big numbers.

Just like PSU I think this new head coach for MSU can provide a new beginning, maybe getting MSU over that last hump.

So, what are you estimating for the line on the PSU vs. Montana game? Let's see your "anyone with a football mind" PSUfan 10 prediction. xcoolx

cats2506
June 27th, 2007, 01:12 PM
were these guys any good? will they actually be missed (as far as their play on the field)?

If groves was healthy he would have made an impact, few expected him to be healthy this year though, we hoped but didnt realy expect it.

Bobcat in NC
June 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Cats2506 was right on regarding Groves. As for the others, they'll mostly be missed because OL & Secondary are the 2 areas where the Cats are thin, thin, thin. DeCock was average, Saucedo above average. One thing they definitely are is big (307 & 325) and experienced. Losing the experience hurts the most. As for Muheize, one can only guess as this was to be his first year at MSU. All the press on him was pretty impressive and Bobcat Nation was excited to have him helping out in the defensive backfield. So much for that...xnonono2x

McNeese75
June 27th, 2007, 03:32 PM
So, what are you estimating for the line on the PSU vs. Montana game? Let's see your "anyone with a football mind" PSUfan 10 prediction. xcoolx

last I heard, they really only had 4 (considered good) WRs xconfusedx . Seems to me if that is the case, there is no reason to need a full stable of DB's only 4 good ones xnodx

PantherRob82
June 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Not really that newsworthy. I'm sure we'll see a couple more leave.

PhantomCAT
June 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Looks like we snatched this RB from you guy's also.

JUCO RB Kevin Smith from Grosmont CC in Calif. Maybe he figured he would play at YSU before he had a chance at MSU.

never heard of the guy. tell us more

Grizalltheway
June 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Well, they have a defensive coach from Hawaii, that means that their offense will automatically play like Hawaii's, right? xrolleyesx

already123
June 27th, 2007, 11:30 PM
so MSU is gonna be hurtin this year huh?

ysubigred
June 28th, 2007, 06:44 AM
never heard of the guy. tell us more

That's all I know. His last two choices were MSU and YSU. Supposed to be a really good back though.

Good luck to your team.

GtFllsGriz
June 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I am sick over all that has gone on at MSU. I have nothing but hope and encouaragement for the Cats. I expect that they are going to take the field with a huge chip on their shoulder and a great deal of pride so that they may show everyone one what the real Montana State is all about. I can't wait to see the program shine. We'll see you in November Cat fans and I, one Griz fan, wish you nothing but the best!!!!!!

OB55
June 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I am sick over all that has gone on at MSU. I have nothing but hope and encouaragement for the Cats. I expect that they are going to take the field with a huge chip on their shoulder and a great deal of pride so that they may show everyone one what the real Montana State is all about. I can't wait to see the program shine. We'll see you in November Cat fans and I, one Griz fan, wish you nothing but the best!!!!!!

Spoken like a guy with a brilliant future, RP for you. xthumbsupx