PDA

View Full Version : Southern/Texas Southern

813Jag
June 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Per a discussion on the SWACpage, the Southern/Texas Southern game will be played at Reliant Stadium. Time TBA.

TexasTerror
June 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Glad to hear the game is not at one of the high school stadiums in the area...

Texas Southern needs to address their stadium issues. There are definitely some foes in the SWAC who can bring large fan bases to their games, but playing on campus is really not an option for those games due to the situation that exists...

I really think a new Houston Dynamo stadium should include Texas Southern football...

813Jag
June 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM

Texas Southern needs to address their stadium issues. There are definitely some foes in the SWAC who can bring large fan bases to their games, but playing on campus is really not an option for those games due to the situation that exists...

I really think a new Houston Dynamo stadium should include Texas Southern football...
I like Reliant Stadium but it's too large for that game. I always liked playing that game in Robertson Stadium but since it's UH's stadium it may not always be available. Anywhere is better than the Astrodome. xlolx

TexasTerror
June 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I like Reliant Stadium but it's too large for that game. I always liked playing that game in Robertson Stadium but since it's UH's stadium it may not always be available. Anywhere is better than the Astrodome. xlolx

Robertson is even tougher with the Houston Dynamo there, who on occasion, pending UH's football squad and opponent, can outdraw them...not so many dates available...

PantherRob82
June 24th, 2007, 11:39 AM
How many people does Reliant hold? How many people does the game usually draw?

TexasTerror
June 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
How many people does Reliant hold? How many people does the game usually draw?

Reliant tops over 69,000...

2005 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Robertson Stadium) 6123
http://swac.org/05-06/football/stats/txso1105.htm

Wasn't 2005 played at Tully Stadium?

2003 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Robertson Stadium) 28582
http://swac.org/03-04/football/stats/txso1115.htm

2001 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Astrodome) 19388
http://swac.org/01-02/football/stats/TXSO1110.HTM

813Jag
June 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Reliant tops over 69,000...

2005 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Robertson Stadium) 6123
http://swac.org/05-06/football/stats/txso1105.htm

Wasn't 2005 played at Tully Stadium?

2003 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Robertson Stadium) 28582
http://swac.org/03-04/football/stats/txso1115.htm

2001 - Southern vs Texas Southern (Astrodome) 19388
http://swac.org/01-02/football/stats/TXSO1110.HTM
2005 there was alot of confusion about the game. It was supposed to be a Thursday night game but it was to moved to Robertson Stadium that Saturday night. And looking at the records of the teams I'm surprised that many people showed. Typically the game has drawn between 15-20,000 in Houston. It's usually one of the favorite trips for Jaguar fans.

3rd Coast Tiger
June 24th, 2007, 01:41 PM

As usual, thanks for your expertise when it comes to Texas Southern. xrolleyesx

By the way, tell your "Capitol Connections" I said xsmiley_wix

Jag4Life
June 24th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I'll be there supporting my Jags as usual. Like I said, it's better then sitting in 100 degree heat.

TexasTerror
June 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
As usual, thanks for your expertise when it comes to Texas Southern. xrolleyesx

There's no room on campus for games against PVA&M, Southern and Jackson State...can you realistically disagree with me on that?

3rd Coast Tiger
June 25th, 2007, 12:58 AM
There's no room on campus for games against PVA&M, Southern and Jackson State...can you realistically disagree with me on that?

Can you agree with me and post a simple...

So the SU/TSU game is now officially scheduled for Reliant. Glad to hear that! xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Can you agree with me and post a simple...

Nah, can't do that...

Not a big fan of the game at Reliant. The stadium will gulp up the crowd. It's not as ideal as even Robertson Stadium...hence, the need for the Texas Southern/Houston Dynamo venue...

GAD
June 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
2005 there was alot of confusion about the game. It was supposed to be a Thursday night game but it was to moved to Robertson Stadium that Saturday night. And looking at the records of the teams I'm surprised that many people showed. Typically the game has drawn between 15-20,000 in Houston. It's usually one of the favorite trips for Jaguar fans.
2005 was the year Katrina and Rita hit, there was no hotel space in the city of Houston all were filled with evacuees. Attending the game would have meant driving to and from the game the same day with very little or no rest putting ones family in danger.

813Jag
June 25th, 2007, 08:21 AM
2005 was the year Katrina and Rita hit, there was no hotel space in the city of Houston all were filled with evacuees. Attending the game would have meant driving to and from the game the same day with very little or no rest putting ones family in danger.
That's true but before the season started the game was slated for Thursday night. The hurricanes only made the situation worse.

MACHIAVELLI
June 25th, 2007, 08:45 AM

There was plenty room for the Jackson game on campus in 2006.

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM

That's true...

Having 4687 fans will allow such a thing, but when Jackson St and Comegy catch fire, it could be a problem...

already123
June 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Hey, I wouldnt mind playing at that CyFair Sports Complex...its nicer than either schools stadium IMO....Reliant is a big draw, but may be a bit too big! just by 60,000....lolxrolleyesx

MACHIAVELLI
June 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM
What is the financial gain for Texas Southern playing in Reliant?

813Jag
June 27th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hey, I wouldnt mind playing at that CyFair Sports Complex...its nicer than either schools stadium IMO....Reliant is a big draw, but may be a bit too big! just by 60,000....lolxrolleyesx
Which schools? If you're speaking on TSU and PVU then I agree. Not better than JSU. On most years a 20-25,000 seat stadium is perfect for TSU/SU, TSU/GSU and TSU/JSU

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Not true at all. xrolleyesx

That's true...

Having 4687 fans will allow such a thing, but when Jackson St and Comegy catch fire, it could be a problem...

There was "plenty" of room cause when people in Jackson found out the stadium only held 5,000 people, WE DIDN'T GO.
What was the point of standing in a parking lot.xsmhx

I was one that was at home.
My boy who was at the game called and said I made the right move.
People were sitting on top of each other.
Not worth my time to drive all that way to be bunched in like a can of sardines.

Same with going to SU.
They send 2,000 tickets to Jackson and bunch everybody including the band in 1,000 seat's in the endzone corner..............xlolx
I like SU but I have not been there since the late '90's because of that.

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Which schools? If you're speaking on TSU and PVU then I agree. Not better than JSU. On most years a 20-25,000 seat stadium is perfect for TSU/SU, TSU/GSU and TSU/JSU

Now that I can agree on.
5,000 is just waaaaay to small under any circumstances for us.xsmhx

MACHIAVELLI
June 27th, 2007, 02:18 PM

There was "plenty" of room cause when people in Jackson found out the stadium only held 5,000 people, WE DIDN'T GO.

Not worth my time to drive all that way to be bunched in like a can of sardines.

ICON vs Texas Southern in at Durley Stadium in Houston 7,835.

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
ICON vs Texas Southern in at Durley Stadium in Houston 7,835.

And just what do that mean outside of the fact ya'll were crammed in tighter than the people that went from JSU?xlolx
USM stadium only seat's 33,000 but when we play them we put a combined 38,000 plus in the place with the help of temp endzone seating.

You can shoehorn people in to a place but that don't make it "right". xlolx
Sitting in someone's lap watching a football game is not something I want to do.xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
June 27th, 2007, 02:48 PM
And just what do that mean outside of the fact ya'll were crammed in tighter than the people that went from JSU?xlolx

That means it seats more than 5,000. I am just putting the facts out there. Just like it 2,987 fans when jsu played pv at a 6,000 seat Blackshear.

813Jag
June 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Same with going to SU.
They send 2,000 tickets to Jackson and bunch everybody including the band in 1,000 seat's in the endzone corner..............xlolx
I like SU but I have not been there since the late '90's because of that.
You know the Jags don't mind cramming folks into the corner in Mumford. xlolx

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
That means it seats more than 5,000. I am just putting the facts out there. Just like it 2,987 fans when jsu played pv at a 6,000 seat Blackshear.

Dude....................I have never been to that place in my life and could care less about your obsessive fact's about JSU.xlolx
You got a problem son. xlolx
If I say JSU had 5 toilet's at Memorial, you would start barking that we only had 3..................MY God. xlolx

It was REPORTED in JACKSON by the sportscasters that the place holds 5,000 people.
It was reported on the SWACPAGE by TEXAS SOUTHERN POSTERS the place holds 5,000.

If you would bother to post on your home conference page sometimes instead of bouncing from AGS to the MEACFANPAGE, maybe you could share some of that xrolleyesx ICON wisdom xrolleyesx with me and your BROTHER and SISTER ICON's..............xlolx
Seem's like a lot of I-CON's got their fact's wrong also but we know you the expert on all things JSU. xlolx

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

You know the Jags don't mind cramming folks into the corner in Mumford. xlolx

..............And ya'll know you wrong for that.xlolx

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
USM stadium only seat's 33,000 but when we play them we put a combined 38,000 plus in the place with the help of temp endzone seating.

Next time read past the first sentence and get an understanding that cramming 2,000 more people into a place don't mean it was built to hold that many.
Heck, put fold out chair's in the endzone I'll bet 3,000 more I-CON's could have crammed into that place.xlolx

USM stadium holds 33,000 permanant seating but they bring in over 5,000 temp endzone seating when we play them.
YOUR POINT?

And as for P.View.
Nobody...............and I mean NOBODY from Jacktown outside of the booster clubs travel to P.View. xlolx

You really need to stop talking about thing's you know nothing about.
Heck....................I'll be shocked if 1000 of those was JSU fans at P. View. xlolx

813Jag
June 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

..............And ya'll know you wrong for that.xlolx

Well at least we do it to everybody.xlolx xlolx xlolx You should see how we make the Rattlers squeeze in there. xlolx xlolx

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well at least we do it to everybody.xlolx xlolx xlolx You should see how we make the Rattlers squeeze in there. xlolx xlolx

Man.......................The 100 would take up all them seats. xlolx

The last time I was at Mumford, we watched the game down on the track IN FRONT of THE BOOM, talking to Marino Cassam when he was the AD.
We didn't even bother going into the stands after the band came through and squeezed in.xlolx

813Jag
June 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Man.......................The 100 would take up all them seats. xlolx

The last time I was at Mumford, we watched the game down on the track IN FRONT of THE BOOM, talking to Marino Cassam when he was the AD.
We didn't even bother going into the stands after the band came through and squeezed in.xlolx
They did, they had some the band on the track. I know y'all don't like coming to BR, but New Orleans doesn't have the same atmosphere. Plus it's easier to cheat at home. xlolx xlolx xlolx :D

jstate83
June 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

They did, they had some the band on the track. I know y'all don't like coming to BR, but New Orleans doesn't have the same atmosphere. Plus it's easier to cheat at home. xlolx xlolx xlolx :D

As in sabotaging the TEAM BUSSES by cutting break lines at the Hotel?
(That's when the level of hate for ya'll reached ALCORN's status in Jacktown.)

Scoreboards blacking out unexpectedly leaving the time keeping in the ref's hands?
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............................. .xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
June 27th, 2007, 06:02 PM
This hi-jacked thread was brought to you by....

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Scoreboards blacking out unexpectedly leaving the time keeping in the ref's hands?

How do you know someone from SU cut the break lines. xlolx

813Jag
June 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Look at it this way, we were going to beat y'all anyway. xlolx xlolx
I think JSU has been on that high level of dislike with me since day 1. The Saturday after I was born in '76 we played J-State. xlolx

jstate83
June 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM
This hi-jacked thread was brought to you by....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Our bad......................xoopsx