PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Sean Norton (NAU)?

Jacks76
June 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Has he moved up to 1st string yet at QB for the Lumberjacks?

Paul

PSUVikings
June 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
Has he moved up to 1st string yet at QB for the Lumberjacks?

Paul

Wait, your telling me this guy is smacking to Arizona but he isn't even starting?

AZGrizFan
June 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM
I don't know if he's the starter yet, but he sure torched that "vaunted" NAU defense in spring ball..... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xlolx

X-Factor
June 21st, 2007, 10:57 AM
hahaha! AZ just wont give it up. xlolx

AZGrizFan
June 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
hahaha! AZ just wont give it up. xlolx

It's that "pitbull" in me, XF. :p ;) I'll be the guy at the Walkup Skydome with the big "VAUNTED" sign above my tailgating party!

already123
June 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Geez, I've been tellin you guys since MAY that he isnt starting and he failed to beat out Kriesien in the spring....why won't you listen? From the coach I talked to, he took about a days worth of snaps with the 1's thru out all spring ball (..."and even that was with an even rotation").

In other news, Skyler Moore, Ryan Rauchert, John Toailoa, Lance Kriesien, Ryne Holstrom, Joe Mitchell, Blair Boyton, KJ Gerard, Josh Luck, and Kris Theus all had superb spring practices says coach. These guys will be ppl to look out for in the fall.

Jacks76
June 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Lance is okay, but Sean is so much better...how could Lance ever lead NAU to the playoffs? He's got a strong arm, and mobile feet, but is he a good leader like Jason was? I don't know. I'm not sold on Lance as NAU's starting QB. He's only a junior, and he hasn't played much (neither has Sean Norton, but Norton's a Parade All-American and played at Fresno State...what has Lance done?).

Paul

already123
June 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
True, unless you have been to practices (which I have a few times) you dont really know what you are getting with Kriesien, or Norton for that matter. From my point of view it seems that the coaches are going with the fact that Lance has extensive game experience (though not much at QB...even though the numbers he does have are solid), knows the offense better than any QB the Jacks have, has learned from Murrietta for 3 years, and is a great runner. Norton is a bit more accurate than Kriesien (not much from what sources/coaches say), Kriesien has an NFL arm and body (6'3 225) while Norton is 5'9...but other than that, there isnt much that Norton can do that Kriesien can. However, there is plenty that Lance can do that Sean can't. To be honest with you, we DONT know what either of these QBs can do until they actually play.I'd say that if Souers and his staff feel Kriesien is the better fit right now, trust em. Its not like NAU doesnt know what they are doing when it comes to Q's
Parsons
Brown
Murrietta

enough said

I was as skeptical if not more than you were when I heard these reports as well, but my advice to you is...
Watch the kid play...you will be impressed as I was

ucdtim17
June 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
I didn't know NAU was still practicing.

I don't think anything's going to change for anyone, barring injuries or run ins with the law, until fall practice in 6 weeks.

JALMOND
June 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Parsons, Brown, Murrieta---All household names outside of Flag-Town. :D :D :D

already123
June 23rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
hey....NFL talent is NFL talent! whether you know them or not

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Parade All Americans who transfer down normally aren't all they cracked up to be.

already123
June 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
And that is what I have been saying the whole time...

AZGrizFan
June 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Parade All Americans who transfer down normally aren't all they cracked up to be.

And that is what I have been saying the whole time...

but I thought he torched your "vaunted" defense? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WyomingGrizFan
June 24th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Parsons, Brown, Murrieta---All household names outside of Flag-Town. :D :D :D

Hey, I think I've heard of one of them. Didn't he make an album a couple years ago, 'Eye In The Sky,' 'I Robot.' Parsons Project or something like that.

PantherRob82
June 24th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I only know Murrieta :o

JALMOND
June 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM
hey....NFL talent is NFL talent! whether you know them or not

Yeah, Dave Dickensen is NFL talent but has not played in the NFL...yet. I've heard of him.

I usually do not go below third string when I'm looking at NFL rosters.

Jacks76
June 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
If Lance has an NFL-calibur arm and size, plus accuracy, why didn't he go to a bigger school like Texas, Oregon or Colorado? NAU has a penchant for developing solid quarterbacks, a la Jeff Lewis Preston Parson, Travis Brown, Jason Murrietta, etc., but unless an NFL scout regularly attends NAU games, I don't see how either Lance or Sean will make an NFL roster.

Paul

dbackjon
June 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM
If they are good, the NFL will find them. Many great QB's have come from FCS schools.

Jason Murrietta WAS recruited by the big schools - but they wanted him to switch positions. Jeff Lewis WAS recruited by the big schools, until he was hurt his senior year in HS.

already123
June 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I asked the same question. Apparently most schools wanted him to play safety or LB comingout of HS. He was an early commit to McNeese St. until NAU beat the crap out of them in the playoffs. From what I hear, his numbers weren't that great to get the attention of big schools like Texas, etc... but good enough (esp for someone who only played QB one year) to get a scholarship. He was one of those "he will delvelop" kind of guys. No one knew Murrietta would beat out a Baylor transfer and another senior as a FRESHMAN. Guess you really dont know what kind of athlete you are going to get untill they show up on campus

Santos, Armanti, Murrietta, Lulay....just to name a few QBs who stole the show once they got the opportunity

NAU was Alex Watsons ONLY offer coming out of HS....now he is an All-American. You shouldnt nec. judge a player by the number of scholies they are offered...it doesnt always work out that way.

Kriesien will lead the jacks just fine! (if he keeps the spot)

JALMOND
June 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
If Lance has an NFL-calibur arm and size, plus accuracy, why didn't he go to a bigger school like Texas, Oregon or Colorado? NAU has a penchant for developing solid quarterbacks, a la Jeff Lewis Preston Parson, Travis Brown, Jason Murrietta, etc., but unless an NFL scout regularly attends NAU games, I don't see how either Lance or Sean will make an NFL roster.

Paul

The ball goes a lot further in a dome at 7000+ft. :D :D :D

Really, the whole conference has shown a tremedous ability to develop good quarterbacks. In order to win in the Big Sky, you need a really good QB to manage the game. A tribute to both the teams and all the coaching staffs.

already123
June 27th, 2007, 01:00 PM
....just makes it that much more impressivexthumbsupx