PDA

View Full Version : Any SEMO Redhawk fans out here?

ShowMeBear2
June 19th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Did you guys supposed to have a good team like 3 to 4 years ago but flopped?

Maverick
June 20th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I guess you have figured out by now that the OVC and its teams don't have much of a presence on this board. Ask why and there will be plenty here willing to explain it to you.

RabidRabbit
June 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
As rare as SUU T'birds! xlolx xlolx

FL connection
June 20th, 2007, 06:05 PM
we get abused by the know it alls............

Maverick
June 20th, 2007, 10:56 PM
What has the OVC done lately in the playoffs? What football boards are really that active for OVC teams? Seems like the OVC is much more of a hoops oriented deal. There are only a handful of posters from the OVC on this board so where are people talking OVC football?

bigbluetiger
June 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
I'm here

tsutiger
June 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM
I'm here.

tsutiger
June 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM
I guess you have figured out by now that the OVC and its teams don't have much of a presence on this board. Ask why and there will be plenty here willing to explain it to you.

Explain?

ShowMeBear2
June 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
Hoping to drag a SEMO fan here. Much love for Ovc.xnodx

ShowMeBear2
June 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
More for the Gateway.

Golden Eagle
June 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
I think SEMO fans are rare period, not just on the Internet.

ShowMeBear2
June 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
True that. I hope they get into there team. I think redhawk is support is worse than Bear support at times.http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/missouri/springfield_plaster.jpg

JaxSinfonian
June 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
OVC fan here. I lurk more than I post. I think that can be said for a lot of our fans. Our league at least doesn't have so many who post and post ... and post and post and post without really knowing what they're writing about.

OSRacer
June 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Big OVC follower...not a big poster but I read the board daily....We haven't had much to brag about lately but the league is improving and should have 4 teams to compete for the championship....although my Racers don't happen to be one of those teams....

Maverick
June 21st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Maybe more posting and less lurking would be of benefit to the OVC in terms of getting your league and teams a higher profile on this board. Yes there a a lot of people who post here and post here and post here etc. but the same reason you read to see what is happnening in FCS is also an opportunity for fans of OVC teams to get their league and teams talked about and with the fans of FCS.

EIU and UT-Martin are both rated in Street & Smith's Top 25! What about the rest of the league?

EKU05
June 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
I'm (obviously) and OVC fan. And for whoever asked we're always ready to talk football at EKUpride.com!

In all honesty, most OVC schools do value basketball more than football, but the conference leadership has shown a renewed interest in football in the last few years. If you're going to talk about OVC schools that would generally call themselves "football schools" you'd probably go with JSU, TSU, EIU too I guess....and of course my beloved EKU Colonels (who ironically have been to the NCAA tournament twice in the past three years but haven't seen the I-AA/FCS playoffs since 1997).

BearsCountry
June 21st, 2007, 11:32 PM
It will be intresting to see the Missouri St/Tennesse-Martin matchup. See how the top team in the OVC will match with the #6 team in the Gateway.

hawkeye
June 22nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
It will be intresting to see the Missouri St/Tennesse-Martin matchup. See how the top team in the OVC will match with the #6 team in the Gateway.

It really will. I hope they will be loaded for bear and not bring a BB gun to a bear hunt. :)

ShowMeBear2
June 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
That would be a sweet match up.

douglasdmb
June 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM

Hopefully, it'll be more interesting than the last-place OVC/last-place Gateway matchup of last year...

Sept. 16
Murray St. 59
at Indiana St. 40

Golden Eagle
June 23rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
EIU and UT-Martin are both rated in Street & Smith's Top 25! What about the rest of the league?

I would rate Tennessee State right up there with either of those, maybe even a little ahead. This is going to be their year, I can feel it.

JaxSinfonian
June 23rd, 2007, 01:12 AM
I would rate Tennessee State right up there with either of those, maybe even a little ahead. This is going to be their year, I can feel it.

If TSU can keep all their weapons loaded for most games they have as good a shot as anyone at the title this season. Hefner may be the best QB in the league. I'm very happy my Gamecocks won't have to play the Tigers this year.

We've gotten steadily better as a league in the playoffs over the last three years. I've got a feeling this is the year the OVC returns to the second round. Chattanooga ... we'll see. At least Jax State has proven they can win at Finley.

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
As rare as SUU T'birds! xlolx xlolx

not THAT rare.

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
we get abused by the know it alls............

hey, no one made you quit the Gateway...well maybe we did. :D

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
I think SEMO fans are rare period, not just on the Internet.

I'd have to agree. It would be nice to have some here. Nice to learn more about all of the teams at the FCS level without having to dig everything up yourself.

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Hopefully, it'll be more interesting than the last-place OVC/last-place Gateway matchup of last year...

Sept. 16
Murray St. 59
at Indiana St. 40

xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM

Tenn-Martin is on the rise. Not sure how close of a game it'll be. It's all about matchups.

FL connection
June 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Explain to me what getting out of the Gateway, way back in your era, has to do with not many folks "speaking up" on this site, 82??????.

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Explain to me what getting out of the Gateway, way back in your era, has to do with not many folks "speaking up" on this site, 82??????.

You said the OVC teams don't speak out, not our fault you are in the OVC. I'm just kidding anyway, so don't take it personally. :)

FL connection
June 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
.......not taking it personally, I just have to listen to a UNI PANTHER every day,as i MARRIED ONE...........connection out!!!!

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
.......not taking it personally, I just have to listen to a UNI PANTHER every day,as i MARRIED ONE...........connection out!!!!

xlolx xlolx were you married in 2001? if so,that must've been bad.

FL connection
June 23rd, 2007, 01:32 PM
84........were the panthers worth a crap in 84?????

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
ours were in 85, i'm not sure about yours. :D

ShowMeBear2
June 25th, 2007, 04:33 AM
http://www.daabears.com/pics/Team%20Pics/06%20bears.JPG

douglasdmb
June 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM
http://www.daabears.com/pics/Team%20Pics/06%20bears.JPG

Sooo.....why the picture? xeyebrowx

ShowMeBear2
June 25th, 2007, 05:54 PM