View Full Version : TXST BOBCATS :COACHING STAFF

TXST_CAT
June 18th, 2007, 12:32 AM
New staff gels, meets expectations

Published: June 16, 2007 03:37 pm

By Bart Isley
Daily Record Sports
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_167153723.html

San Marcos — At least according to their boss, head coach Brad Wright, Texas State’s new coaching staff — which is extremely young — is exceeding expectations. And Wright thought they’d be pretty darn good already.

Wright deliberately went after young, fiery coaches to inject a certain amount of enthusiasm and urgency in the program. He ended up with a group that has largely graduated from college in this millennium with most clocking in at somewhere in their 20s. Ben Norton, who graduated in 1993 would have to be considered the staff’s elder statesman after Wright.

“In the past at Texas State, it was the young guys, the Chad Glasgows (current safeties coach at Texas Christian), the David Bailiffs, that really turned out to be something special,” Wright said. “So I went young and hungry, and they’ve done an unbelievable job of implementing a new offense and defense this spring.”

slostang
June 18th, 2007, 04:23 PM
The article left out one young coach, Terrol Dillon who played at University of Texas. As far as coaches who will help Wright in the first game against Cal Poly, Dillon would have to be at the top of the list. He coached LBs at Cal Poly in 2006 and will not only help in breaking down Cal Poly's complicated double eagle flex defense, but from what I hear he will help in installing a similar defense at Texas State. Terrol is highly thought of at Cal Poly and will be a big asset for the Bobcats. Should be a great game. Can not wait.

TXST_CAT
June 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
The article left out one young coach, Terrol Dillon who played at University of Texas. As far as coaches who will help Wright in the first game against Cal Poly, Dillon would have to be at the top of the list. He coached LBs at Cal Poly in 2006 and will not only help in breaking down Cal Poly's complicated double eagle flex defense, but from what I hear he will help in installing a similar defense at Texas State. Terrol is highly thought of at Cal Poly and will be a big asset for the Bobcats. Should be a great game. Can not wait.

I think the entire staff is tallented and no doubt coach Dillon will play a big role installing the Bobcats new defense.

TXST_CAT
June 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Terrol Dillon
http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dillon_terrol00.html

Position:
Linebackers Coach/Special Teams Coord.

Alma Mater:
Texas, 2000

After spending the 2006 season as a member of the coaching staff at Cal Poly, Terrol Dillon returns to the Lone Star State and begins his first year as the Bobcats' linebackers coach.

At Texas State, Dillon will also serve as the special teams coordinator.

Dillon also coached the linebacking corps at Cal Poly. The Mustangs posted a 7-4 record in registering the program's fourth straight winning season. Among Cal Poly's wins during the year were three shutouts and a 16-14 win at NCAA Division I-A San Diego State.

Dillon was the position coach for Buck Buchanan Award winner Kyle Shotwell. The Buchanan Award is given annually to the top defensive player in Division I's Football Championship Subdivision. Shotwell registered 122 tackles, including 21 stops for lost yards and seven quarterback sacks in 2006.

Last season, Cal Poly ranked fifth among Division I FCS schools in total defense (248.27 ypg) and was eighth in scoring defense (14.73 ppg). The Mustangs also ranked fourth in quarterback sacks (3.36 pg) and fifth in tackles for lost yards (7.64 pg).

In addition to his defensive coaching responsibilities, Dillon coached Cal Poly's punt block squad. The Mustangs had four blocks during the 2006 season.

slycat
June 19th, 2007, 01:07 AM

i believe he is a huge pickup for our staff. our defense needed a huge make over and i hope this is the guy to do it. i love cal polys style and hope it works here.