PDA

View Full Version : SI's College Football's Best Uniforms

ButlerGSU
June 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/campus.bestuniforms/content.1.html

A lot of FCS teams made the list, Georgia Southern...Wofford...Yale...

CopperCat
June 17th, 2007, 06:23 PM
There are better than what SI picked (no offense to our FCS brethren, I like GSU and Yale unis). Whoever is picking these unis is smoking something.

grizband
June 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Definitely agree with some choices (Notre Dame, USC, Georgia Southern), but just can't understand others (Georgia, Texas?). Some of these schools seem to be on the list because of their football tradition, not the quality of their uniforms.

CopperCat
June 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Definitely agree with some choices (Notre Dame, USC, Georgia Southern), but just can't understand others (Georgia, Texas?). Some of these schools seem to be on the list because of their football tradition, not the quality of their uniforms.

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Texas has HORRID unis. I've never like them (but I still rout for UT because I despise OU).

PSUVikings
June 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I agree, that was all on tradition not unis, Woffard's unis look no different then most high schools.(no offense) All on tradition not the uni

They put in Michigan but then say Delaware has ugly unis, their just different shades of blue those stupid.....

MplsBison
June 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Different number fonts as well.

Delaware has some weird circus font.

MplsBison
June 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
*gets pissed off again at the utter ridiculousness of gray mask on teams that don't have gray as a color*

Shows a lack of respect for the school's colors.

NDSUFREAK
June 17th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Different number fonts as well.

Delaware has some weird circus font.

wow, i agree with you on that.

GoBears
June 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
*gets pissed off again at the utter ridiculousness of gray mask on teams that don't have gray as a color*

xgiveadamnx

NDSUFREAK
June 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
xgiveadamnx

OH MAN! You were so close! xlolx

ButlerGSU
June 18th, 2007, 06:34 AM

If you are talking about GSU, the gray mask are a tradition born from the very humble beginnings of our program. Gray mask were standard in the 1980s and therefore much cheaper than any others. BVG changed them to blue last season but they will return to gray this fall.

AppMan
June 18th, 2007, 06:44 AM
If you are talking about GSU, the gray mask are a tradition born from the very humble beginnings of our program. Gray mask were standard in the 1980s and therefore much cheaper than any others. BVG changed them to blue last season but they will return to gray this fall.

I like the gray mask. IMO, it is about as traditional as you can get. Also worn by the Alabama Crimson Tide.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Also not worn by many other programs that have just as much or more tradition.

It's bogus.

Show some respect for your colors.

GoBears
June 18th, 2007, 10:15 AM

It's bogus.

Show some respect for yourself and act like you know what you're talking about. xthumbsupx

Ronbo
June 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM
That's the same color Montana used to have and everyone critisized it.
Jack Swartout brought the color to Montana in 1967 when he came from Texas and took over as head coach at Montana. Our colors before 1967 were Maroon and Silver. Then we went to burnt orange and gold from 1967 to 1995.

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/campus.bestuniforms/images/OKLAHOMA-ST-TEXAS-FOOTBALL.jpg

ButlerGSU
June 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM

It's bogus.

That's on of the most confusing things I've ever read on here. Respect for colors but none for the traditions of the programs humble beginnings? Makes about as much sense as installing fake grass when we don't need that either.

89Hen
June 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
xcoolx

ND, top 10 best, but their green jersey version one of the worst 10? xcoolx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

MplsBison
June 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Respect for colors but none for the traditions of the programs humble beginnings?

That's a bogus tradition.

Utter nonsense.

Mountain Panther
June 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
That's the same color Montana used to have and everyone critisized it.
Jack Swartout brought the color to Montana in 1967 when he came from Texas and took over as head coach at Montana. Our colors before 1967 were Maroon and Silver. Then we went to burnt orange and gold from 1967 to 1995.

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/campus.bestuniforms/images/OKLAHOMA-ST-TEXAS-FOOTBALL.jpg

Burnt orange looks better with white than it does with gold, IMO. Maroon and silver is a good combo.