PDA

View Full Version : Difference Makers??

RichH2
June 16th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Every team has "diference makers" go to guys who can control a game for a while or make the clutch play for their squad.

Do you have one , two?

Who are yours ?

Are they enuf to lead to a winning season? Playoffs?

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
If he can get back to his previous level, Lex, and probably Eric Allen.

813Jag
June 16th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I think every great team has at least two difference makers. One offense and one defense. I feel lack of difference makers is the reason why my team has back to back losing seasons. xnonono2x

Eyes of Old Main
June 16th, 2007, 07:36 PM
For Wofford, on offense, QB Josh Collier, HB Kevious Johnson, and FB Michael Hobbs. On defense, DB Dan Tavani and DE Layton Baker.

slostang
June 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM
For Cal Poly it would be RB James Noble and WR Ramses Barden on offense. On defense it would be Rover Mark Restelli and DE/LB Ryan Shotwell.

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
For Cal Poly it would be RB James Noble and WR Ramses Barden on offense. On defense it would be Rover Mark Restelli and DE/LB Ryan Shotwell.

Agreed, that guy is a beast! xbowx xeekx

slostang
June 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Agreed, that guy is a beast! xbowx xeekx

So is Lex. He ran over/through/around Cal Poly's defense in the regular season game in 2005.

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 08:30 PM
So is Lex. He ran over/through/around Cal Poly's defense in the regular season game in 2005.

And then in the playoff game, our OC decided that we could win without him. xbangx xbangx xsplatx xflamemadx xflamemadx xanim_chaix

Ronbo
June 16th, 2007, 08:34 PM

In the two games with Cal Poly in 2005 Hilliard was 54 carries for 331 years, 2 catches for 66 yeards, and 4 TD's.

In the Playoff game Hilliard had 160 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD's. I guess the OC had him participating.

ElonPride
June 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Elon.....Terrell Hudgins as a R-Fr in '06, 10 games 1027 receiving yards, 8 TDs, and 1 passing TD & Brandon Lane, over 42 yds per punt.

AZGrizFan
June 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
THe Griz have a great difference maker....this stud cornerback named Jimmy Wilson. xcoolx

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 09:12 PM
THe Griz have a great difference maker....this stud cornerback named Jimmy Wilson. xcoolx

xnonono2x xnonono2x too soon, too soon. xnonox

AZGrizFan
June 16th, 2007, 09:16 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x too soon, too soon. xnonox

Too soon for WHAT?

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
For making jokes about a situation in which the father of two young children were killed, that's WHAT!

AZGrizFan
June 16th, 2007, 09:28 PM
For making jokes about a situation in which the father of two young children were killed, that's WHAT!

Well then, my apologies to you and yorn. THAT little rule isn't in MY version of the AGS handbook. xrolleyesx

FargoBison
June 16th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Steve Walker and Kole Heckendorf on offense and our LB trio of Mays, Maresh and Humber on defense.

Grizalltheway
June 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Well then, my apologies to you and yorn. THAT little rule isn't in MY version of the AGS handbook. xrolleyesx

Hey, you're free to say what you want, it just sounded like something an a**hole cat fan* would say, not a loyal griz fan such as yourself. xpeacex

*not referring to any of the msu posters on this board.

Gil Dobie
June 16th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Steve Walker and Kole Heckendorf on offense and our LB trio of Mays, Maresh and Humber on defense.

QB Walker on Offense, LB's Mays, Maresh, Humber, & FS Schommer on Defense, Returner Shamen Washington & Punter Mike Dragosovich on special teams.

Bearkats94
June 16th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I see Rhett Bomar and Blake Martin on offense and Chris Brown and Eric Mikolajchak on defense as the Bearkats play makers. I just hope our starting running back Chris Poullard can take some of the pressure so we can be more balance this year. It seems the years Sam has had a good passing game our running backs haven't step up. I wish we had DD back for one more year.xtwocentsx

VT Wildcat Fan53
June 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
For one more glorious year -- SANTOS! xbowx

SuperJon
June 16th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Rashad Jennings has the potential to be one. He's 6'3 and 230ish and benches over 350, all while being a running back. If he uses his size and runs over people he's good, but he gets into a habit of tip toeing way too much.

Zach Terrell is our other offensive difference maker. He played QB some the past two years but is playing a more Reggie Bush A-back type. He's not overly fast but he's extremely shifty and hard to bring down.

On defense, it has to be Vince Redd. He's a 6'8 240 pound outside linebacker (sometimes DE). He's huge, and he's fast. He played at UVA, even played basketball as a freshman.

AppStateold299
June 17th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Appalachian has three that have been outstanding playmakers. Edwards, Richardson, Lynch are three that are diffinitely difference makers.

PantherRob82
June 17th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Ours is pretty obvious. Eric Sanders will be a 3 1/2 year starter who lead us to the championship game in 2005.

PantherRob82
June 17th, 2007, 06:47 AM
If he can get back to his previous level, Lex, and probably Eric Allen.

I keep reading comments that make it sound like Lex won't even get 50% of the carries. Anyone know what the actual case should be once September rolls around?

PantherRob82
June 17th, 2007, 06:49 AM

i feel bad for laughing. xwhistlex

813Jag
June 17th, 2007, 07:29 AM
We're a little too pass heavy for my likings but WR Gerard Landry is probably our difference maker when they decide to get him the ball.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper950/stills/02s2sfpw.jpg

katstrapper
June 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I see Rhett Bomar and Blake Martin on offense and Chris Brown and Eric Mikolajchak on defense as the Bearkats play makers. I just hope our starting running back Chris Poullard can take some of the pressure so we can be more balance this year. It seems the years Sam has had a good passing game our running backs haven't step up. I wish we had DD back for one more year.xtwocentsx

From what I have heard,the tandem of Chris Poullard and TyMagic Robinson in the backfield is going to make you feel good about our RB situation.
Poullard got hurt and would have probably been our starting RB last year. He is a very physical running back. And Robinson is reported to have MORE speed than DDT. Both had a great spring.xthumbsupx

Bomar will bring a different dimension to the offense that has been missing since McCown left,the speedy QB. But, I will tell you the difference makers on the offense this year will be the O-Line. We return 4 of 5 starters up front with a unit that has given up minimal sacks the last few years. They are battle tested and were all on the line in the 2004 semi-final season. This group stays healthy like last year and our offense will click.

Ronbo
June 17th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I keep reading comments that make it sound like Lex won't even get 50% of the carries. Anyone know what the actual case should be once September rolls around?

Lex should get around 20 carries a game. We have some good players behind him, but the Coach wants the best in there till the game is in hand. If Lex is truly back to 100% (trainers and doctors have been quoted that he is) he'll get 1200-1300 yards and break the all time career rushing record for Montana.

Mountaineer#96
June 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
The offensive and defensive lines. K Rich and Armanti go no where with out them.

Bearkats94
June 17th, 2007, 03:39 PM
From what I have heard,the tandem of Chris Poullard and TyMagic Robinson in the backfield is going to make you feel good about our RB situation.
Poullard got hurt and would have probably been our starting RB last year. He is a very physical running back. And Robinson is reported to have MORE speed than DDT. Both had a great spring.xthumbsupx

Bomar will bring a different dimension to the offense that has been missing since McCown left,the speedy QB. But, I will tell you the difference makers on the offense this year will be the O-Line. We return 4 of 5 starters up front with a unit that has given up minimal sacks the last few years. They are battle tested and were all on the line in the 2004 semi-final season. This group stays healthy like last year and our offense will click.

That is good to hear.xnodx RB situation was the only position that I was worried about. The WR's should work good with Rhett since he worked with them last year in practice.

Football season just can't get here fast enough for me.xnodx

already123
June 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Best offensive player in the BSC...ALEX WATSON!

Also, KJ Gerard shuts down an entire side of the field when he is playing at CB. I believe in 2005 (was hurt last year,borken hand) he had 70+ tackles, a handful of TFLS, 12 PBUs, 4 INT.....not bad for a 170 lb corner

SunCoastBlueHen
June 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM
A healthy, bigger, stronger Omar Cuff should be the biggest difference maker for the UD offense. Omar had bulked up to 195lbs and is currently 100% healthy.

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/mar/cuffomarmud.jpg

ngineer
June 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Quarterback Sedale Threatt is certainly a 'difference maker' and is capable at anytime of making the 'big play'..The key for Lehigh this year is a guy like Donchez, who has the physical tools, elevating his game that could create nightmares for defenses.

VT Wildcat Fan53
June 18th, 2007, 10:44 PM
A healthy, bigger, stronger Omar Cuff should be the biggest difference maker for the UD offense. Omar had bulked up to 195lbs and is currently 100% healthy.

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/mar/cuffomarmud.jpg

After watching last fall's UNH classic down in Newark, I would agree 100%

mtgrizfan4life
June 18th, 2007, 11:55 PM
The GRIZ have a long list of difference makers, it all depends on the playcalling. Allen, Chambers, LEX are all capable of taking over the game on the offensive side. Defensively, we have Biermann, Anderson, and Joyce always making plays somewhere, forcing Turnovers, or having big hit after big hit. If Jimmy Wilson were returning, he would be on this list. My sleeper pick on D though is Quenton Jackson.

Appaholic
June 19th, 2007, 01:46 PM
The offensive and defensive lines. K Rich and Armanti go no where with out them.

Ditto

UNH 40
June 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Besides the obvious in Santos. I would say that both Mike Boyle and Keith LeVan are big time difference makers. Defensively I would go with Jeff Pammer and Hussien Karim.

Seawolf97
June 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I would say our transfer running back from Pitt- Brandon Mason. At 6'2 and 220 with speed he will give defense's fits.

Henny
June 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Coming from a UD fan, Ricky is by far the biggest difference maker in the nation. Not just the Peyton award winner but someone who will change a team dramatically just by his presence on the field. Just to compare, the others that are a distant second that have recently come from the A-10/ Yankee/ CAA - Brian Westbrook and Jerry Azumah. Rich Gannon had flashes of brilliance but not as consistent as Santos.

For UD I concur. Our Offense changed dramatically when Omar returned last year. Furtunately we have many returning healthy and quality transfers entering the nest.

T-Dog
June 20th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Pick your poision with us.

RabidRabbit
June 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
The Bunnies best are pegged in the Matt Daugherty SNW article.

Quote:
Tight End
4. Chris Wagner, South Dakota State (Sr., 6-7, 255) - An imposing target that has also played for the Jackrabbit basketball team, Wagner hauled in 24 receptions for 265 yards and two touchdowns as a junior.

Quote:
Offensive Guards
2. Mitch Erickson, South Dakota State (Sr., 6-6, 290) - Erickson earned first- team All-Great West honors for a Jackrabbit team that was coming on strong at the end of the 2006 season.

Quote:
Kickers
4. Parker Douglass, South Dakota State (Sr., 5-8, 170) - Douglass’s 4-for-5 effort lifted the Jackrabbits to a 20-17 win at McNeese State a year ago, and he’s been consistent overall with 15-of-21 kicks converted in 2006 and 46-of-69 for his career.

Douglass, like his predecessor (Viniteri) has the ability and leg to turn tight games the Jacks' way, and has on a number of such turns at SDSU.

already123
June 21st, 2007, 11:41 AM
kickers?

ElonPride
June 21st, 2007, 11:47 AM
I would say our transfer running back from Pitt- Brandon Mason. At 6'2 and 220 with speed he will give defense's fits.

Is history serves his name, then he should do pretty well! Elon had an All American center a few years ago that went by the same namexsmiley_wix

Jag4Life
June 21st, 2007, 11:54 AM
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY JAGS

Offense:
WR - Gerard Landry AKA Terrel Owens
QB - CJ Byrd
QB - Bryant Lee

Defense:
DB - Jarmaul George
DB - Michael Williams
DB - Glenn Bell
LB - DJ Brooks
DL - Vince Lands

There is more but I'm stopping there.

813Jag
June 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY JAGS

Offense:
WR - Gerard Landry AKA Terrel Owens don't insult Landry like that.xlolx
QB - CJ Byrd
QB - Bryant Lee

Defense:
DB - Jarmaul George
DB - Michael Williams
DB - Glenn Bell
LB - DJ Brooks
DL - Vince Lands

There is more but I'm stopping there.
I'm gonna call you out on Bryd. Did you see how the passing game slacked when he was playing. Defense has to step up big time this year.

eaglewraith
June 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Two words

Jayson Foster