PDA

View Full Version : Murray State Field Turf

OSRacer
June 13th, 2007, 09:47 PM
MSU has finally gotten around to replacing their painted green concrete surface....looks pretty close to being done...

http://www.goracers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=6700&PALBID=11924

EKU05
June 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm very glad to see that. With all due respect, that astroturf was just getting flat out dangerous. The normally classy EKU radio crew usually devotes a significant amount of time to complaining about it when the Colonels play down there.

This will be a great thing for the Racer program.

On a more humorous note, the one time I actually attended and EKU Murray game at Stewart Stadium (2001) it was pouring down rain. The astro turf on the sideline was so warped that it created several long and deep puddles...and the Colonel mascot proceded to use these as a slip'n'slide.

Cocky
June 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Looks good

dgreco
June 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
looks pretty good, fieldturf has been growing on me lately.

LeopardFan04
June 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM
well done, murray state.

Seahawks Fan
June 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
We installed Field Turf a year ago. It's beautiful.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wagn/galleries/images/img_0063-lg.jpg

MplsBison
June 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Looks great!

As I said in the other thread, the old style "rug" Astroturf should be banned by the NCAA.

As a side note, Murray St is right up there with Youngstown and SDSU for most lopsided stadium.

Franks Tanks
June 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Looks great!

As I said in the other thread, the old style "rug" Astroturf should be banned by the NCAA.

As a side note, Murray St is right up there with Youngstown and SDSU for most lopsided stadium.

I think it wins the titke hands down as they have NO stands on the other side, looks pretty funnny. I guess you can throw Fordham and formerly Towson in as stadiums with absolutely no bleachers on the other side

Golden Eagle
June 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Very very nice to hear, looks great.

EKU05
June 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Looks great!

I think you have to mention EKU as well given that our capacity on each side is almost identical to YSU (16,000 and 4,000 are usually the numbers given for our two sides).

But Murray State is in now way alone in only having a single side to their stadium. Often that kind off configuration results from the one large side being used as a classroom building, etc. in addition to serving as the football stadium.

In EKU's case we couldn't get state funding for a football stadium, so instead we got it for a classroom building that would be shaped like a football stadium....true story.

Zoo
June 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Turf looks really good, just need to get another side to the stadium.

dbackjon
June 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Looks good - I have driven past the stadium (can you call that if they only have one side) many times.

OSRacer
June 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
You can call it a stadium...I am not crazy about the set up either but it is one of the better facilities in the country at the FCS level....especially after the upgrades are complete...