PDA

View Full Version : SLC Extends Commish's Contract

TexasTerror
June 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Great news from the SLC where SLC board chairman and SHSU President James Gaertner has announced the board has extended the contract of SLC Commish Tom Burnett.

I think most SLC fans would agree that there's been a great deal of positive change under Burnett's leadership. He's helped get the conference in many forms whether it carrying the SLC through expansion, continued pushing for more sponsors and such. Thanks Tom!
------------
SOUTHLAND BOARD EXTENDS COMMISSIONER'S CONTRACT

Tom Burnett nears five years of service to SLC.

June 12, 2007

FRISCO, Texas - The Southland Conference Board of Directors has announced it has extended the contract of fifth-year commissioner Tom Burnett through June 30, 2009. The announcement comes following the Board's annual business meeting in Galveston, Texas, on June 1.

"The board of directors of the Southland Conference is very pleased to extend Tom Burnett's contract as our Commission," Southland Conference Board Chairman and Sam Houston State University president James Gaertner said. The Southland Conference has made excellent progress on many fronts in the past several years; and Tom's leadership and vision have been a big part of that success. The board looks forward to a continuation of Tom's guidance in the years to come."

Burnett was named the Southland's seventh commissioner on December 23, 2002, and began full-time duties with the league on Feb. 1, 2003. "I'm again honored and flattered to continue serving the Southland membership," Burnett said. "I look forward to working with the Board, the athletic administrators and coaches in giving over 3,000 Southland Conference student-athletes the best possible athletic and academic experience."

http://southland.cstv.com/genrel/061207aaa.html

GeauxLions94
June 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Agreed! Now if we can just get some more opportunities for television, etc.

patssle
June 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
less Poker, more football

Demon Fan
June 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM
less Poker, more football

More like, ZERO poker and more FCS football.

Happy for Tom. He is an asset to the Southland Conference. What I appreciate most about him is his accessibility by fans and his responsiveness to their questions and comments.

BEAR
June 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Tom appears to be doing a great job! Glad for him. xpeacex Just think, since Tom let UCA enter the SLC fold, you guys get to drive hundreds of miles to Conway Arkansas..a city in a dry county with zero nightlife. xthumbsupx

Oh wait...that's wasn't Tom's fault...xlolx xmadx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bobcatalum05
June 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
So UCA is in a dry county with zero night life. Well I was considering the road trip, but now I just dont know. I like to kick back on my road trips and have an adult beverage amongst alumni and friends.

JohnStOnge
June 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
So UCA is in a dry county with zero night life. Well I was considering the road trip, but now I just dont know. I like to kick back on my road trips and have an adult beverage amongst alumni and friends.

Bring your own.

McNeese75
June 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM

So then I guess you did not go to Southern Utah last year xlolx

BEAR
June 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Ha! xlolx Conway is a city of 3 universities (UCA, Hendrix and CBC)...did I say dry? oops. Yeah, the county is dry..but the tailgaites are soaking wet! Don't worry about game night, you will get your fill at the UCAfans.com tailgate! Also remember, Conway is about 15 minutes from downtown Little Rock, party central on the weekends. There's plenty of live bands, festivals and clubs to troll. xrulesx xbowx xsmiley_wix