PDA

View Full Version : Jax State's Kory Chapman had 62 yards rushing to lead a Patriots ground attack

Gamecocks99
August 15th, 2005, 04:03 PM
From the NFL Website...

No Brady, no problem

With quarterback Tom Brady watching from the sidelines, the New England Patriots picked up right where they left off. In their first game since winning the Super Bowl, a solid running game and a strong debut from rookie quarterback Matt Cassel carried the Patriots to a 23-13 win over the Bengals in the preseason opener Friday night. Kory Chapman had 62 yards rushing to lead a Patriots ground attack that piled up 161 yards, while Cassel led four scoring drives and threw for 135 yards and a touchdown. "I thought Matt did some good things," coach Bill Belichick said. "He made some decent plays. But overall, I'd like to see us execute better."

Here's a link to a photo of Kory in the game.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=GalleryDetail&F=8259

Cocky
August 15th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe he will lockup the #2 spot. It will be hard to beat out that Dillon guy for the starting position.

JaxStateManager
September 5th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Sadly, Chappy was released by the Patriots yesterday. On the same note, Seante Williams was released by the Packers too.

Tod
September 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM
From the NFL Website...

No Brady, no problem

With quarterback Tom Brady watching from the sidelines, the New England Patriots picked up right where they left off. In their first game since winning the Super Bowl, a solid running game and a strong debut from rookie quarterback Matt Cassel carried the Patriots to a 23-13 win over the Bengals in the preseason opener Friday night. Kory Chapman had 62 yards rushing to lead a Patriots ground attack that piled up 161 yards, while Cassel led four scoring drives and threw for 135 yards and a touchdown. "I thought Matt did some good things," coach Bill Belichick said. "He made some decent plays. But overall, I'd like to see us execute better."

Here's a link to a photo of Kory in the game.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=GalleryDetail&F=8259

I wonder if the facemask was called on the D-Lineman for Cinci in that pic... ;)

TigerFan17
September 5th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Why was he released?

Cocky
September 6th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Why was he released?

I've heard any reasons. He seem to have a good camp, but one spot (Dillion's) was taken before the camp started.

JaxStateManager
September 13th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Chappy was re-signed a few days ago to the practice squad in New England. Still no word on Seante's plans.

JaxStateManager
September 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Chappy released to make room for someone on squad...snatched up by the Colts and currently the number 3 tailback on the actice roster.