PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Comeback (Round 4)

NDSUFREAK
June 11th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Here it is..............ROUND 4! REMEMBER TO VOTE! SHSU's comeback against EWU was just a vote short of tieing it up which would have brought some drama. Even though I was surprised it didn't win....4 NEW TEAMS NOW

Lehigh/Lafayette was in 1995

NDSU/Montana 2003

App State/Georgia Southern 1996

*I know I went over Montana/EWU but I couldn't find the score before the start of the comeback and the story behind it.

Tod
June 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM
No way in hell am I voting for NDSU! xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

:p :p :p :p

:o

aggie6thman
June 12th, 2007, 01:26 AM

I did! xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx :D

grizband
June 12th, 2007, 01:46 AM

I was there...it was one hell of a comeback! I have said for a few years, the Griz have trouble with the option!

NDSUFREAK
June 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM
What a sweet game it was :D

NE MT GRIZZ
June 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Give NDSU credit for beating the Griz at Home.

That game should have cost Hauck his job:( :(

patssle
June 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
BOOOOO

we should have a faceoff of just TSUSM and SHSU. too close of a count!!

lizrdgizrd
June 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I gotta go for the homer vote and also the anti GSU vote. xsmiley_wix

Stang Fever
June 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Im sorry the GSU APP st game isnt even on the same planet as the Montana NDSU game. GSU and APP two powerhouse programs, granted APP was at the same level as GSU but still was able to put some points on the board. NDSU was only able to muster up a safety, and I am willing to beat that was on a fluke of a play.

NDSUFREAK
June 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
BOOOOO

we should have a faceoff of just TSUSM and SHSU. too close of a count!!

I might actually have to do that....

LU73
June 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM
L-L of 95 is the greatest comeback win of all time for Lehigh football. Several other games compete for a close second, but this is the greatest. Just consider the circumstances. The greatest football rivalry in the country. The last game of the season. Whichever team wins this game will win the league. Despite that situation, Lehigh enters the game a heavy favorite. With 8 minutes left in the 4th, Lehigh appears to be asleep. They answer the wake-up call to score two touchdowns and two 2-point conversions to tie the game in regulation. No scores in the first OT. Lehigh pulls ahead on the first possesion of the second OT by virtue of a one-handed, fully horizontal catch by little Brian Klingerman at the very back of the endzone. We spectators just barely saw it in the darkness of Goodman Stadium (no lights). Lehigh held Lafayette on downs, and the rest is history. Fans left the stadium in total darkness to tune of "We are the Champions". "The Catch" remains unequalled.

spelunker64
June 13th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Bison game was great

GreatAppSt
June 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Wouldn't the NDSU-Griz game count as a best D II comeback?

Gil Dobie
June 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wouldn't the NDSU-Griz game count as a best D II comeback?

It was the first year of pergotory.

GreatAppSt
June 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
It was the first year of pergotory.

Transylva.....? er Transvest....ah? Transition period... yeah that's it, right???:)

NDSUFREAK
June 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
GOOSE

Grizo406
June 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I voted NDSU at Montana.

Left the game asking, "What the F just happened?", and still shake my head over that one.

The Bison proved they were for real in that game, and are still proving it!

Big props to them!

SeattleGriz
June 14th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I voted NDSU at Montana.

Left the game asking, "What the F just happened?", and still shake my head over that one.

The Bison proved they were for real in that game, and are still proving it!

Big props to them!

Same here, I voted NDSU, but I always ask, "Who in the whole stadium didn't know NDSU was going to run a fake FG attempt?"

BrevardMountaineer03
June 14th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I had to go with the National Championship game from '05. ASU overcame a lot of turnovers. Won it on a great defensive stand.

NDSUFREAK
June 14th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I had to go with the National Championship game from '05. ASU overcame a lot of turnovers. Won it on a great defensive stand.

xhomerx :p :p

NDSUFREAK
June 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
About 1 day left!

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I haven't been paying attention to this whole competition, but where is GSU's comeback against Furman in the '85 national championship? It's hard to beat scoring 38 points with 9 minutes or so left in the third quarter and winning the national championship.

Peems
June 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
even though we still lost, at least we'll win!!!!

NDSUFREAK
June 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM
NDSU at Montana WINS THIS ROUND! I have been busy here at the lake so I will have the new round tonight sometime.

FCS_pwns_FBS, if it isn't in the most amazing comeback thread and before the cut off then it won't be in it, sorry. I might have the last round for games that were missed or not explained well enough to vote on. For example saying just the game or just the final score. I had a cut off for a reason because then it would just be a never ending deal with comebacks added everyother day like it has been recently.