PDA

View Full Version : Texas Football Mag on Bearkats

TexasTerror
June 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Lots of good things about the Bearkats in Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine. A few of the highlights...

Kevin Gore of the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel said...

“Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State: He’s proven that he’s a big-time player from his time at OU. Sam Houston will reap the benefits now.”

Another writer, David Claybourn of the Greenville Herald-Banner, picked Bomar to lead the Bearkats to the “biggest upset” of the season. He says Sam will sock it to Oklahoma State in Stillwater late in September.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_161020406.html

appfan2008
June 10th, 2007, 07:14 AM
good luck against ok st... i wouldnt predict that one but i will be rooting for sam

blackfordpu
June 10th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Good post TT, lets hope they're right about the Okie State game. How sweet would that be?

The way I see it is we have a chance if our WRs and RBs can step up. The defensive side of the ball seems to be very strong as well as the O-line, QB, and TE positions. That means the only questions are WR and RB. xnodx

slycat
June 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
an upset against okstate would be cool since bomar went to OU and all but we'll have to wait and see. ill have to see how good oksate is this year and how well bomar adjusts to shsu. could be interesting though.

patssle
June 10th, 2007, 01:12 PM
You never know. But predictions are impossible for this one. Last year people thought we had a great chance vs. SMU who had started with 2 bad losses. But they end up beating us by 30 or so and ended up having a decent season.