PDA

View Full Version : CAA on ESPN

UncleSam
June 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM
RICHMOND, Va. - Three CAA Football non-conference games are scheduled to air on the ESPN family of networks during the 2007 season, officials announced earlier this week.

James Madison and Villanova are slated to open the 2007 season against Atlantic Coast Conference opponents on ESPN360. The Dukes will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to face new head coach Butch Davis and the North Carolina Tar Heels, Saturday, Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. Villanova will also face an ACC opponent that same evening, when it travels to College Park, Md., to face the Maryland Terrapins. Both contests will be shown live at 6 p.m.

ESPN360's video streaming content is similar to a typical television boradcast with the exception of it being delivered through the Internet.

A week later, Rhode Island will travel to West Point, N.Y., to face the Army Black Knights in a 1 p.m. kickoff to be carried live on ESPNClassic, Sept. 8.

The inaugural season of CAA Football begins Thursday, Aug. 30, when rivals Delaware and William & Mary face off at Walter J. Zable Stadium in Williamsburg, Va. Kickoff between the Blue Hens and Tribe is slated for 7:30 p.m., and will televised by CN8.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=922008

GannonFan
June 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Does ESPN 360 even count? I don't think I know anyone who knows anyone who's ever found that channel, let alone watch anything on it. xrolleyesx And heck, this goes to show how little I know of ESPN 360 - how do they show 2 games live at the same time? Is it like the CBS March Madness thing where you pick a game to watch out of a selection of many?

UncleSam
June 7th, 2007, 09:00 AM
ESPN360 is a live Internet feed, that can apparently carry multiple games simultaneously, but it has to be offered by your Internet service provider.

th0m
June 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy single games for ESPN360, or is it a monthly subscription?

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
ESPN360 seems to be a service that is hooked up with your ISP... if your ISP has it, then you already have it.

Last year ESPN did have a premium service that allowed you to get to that content. I think it was a week's "subscription" for $20 or something like that. I used it to watch some FCS playoff games.

In a nutshell, three "FCS vs. FBS money games" will be on ESPN 360.

I think a lot of Lehigh fans might be scouting out their first opponent (Villanova) that week... expect a huge influx of ESPN requests for 360 access that weekend! xthumbsupx

Dukie95
June 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Does ESPN 360 even count? I don't think I know anyone who knows anyone who's ever found that channel, let alone watch anything on it. xrolleyesx And heck, this goes to show how little I know of ESPN 360 - how do they show 2 games live at the same time? Is it like the CBS March Madness thing where you pick a game to watch out of a selection of many?

Yeah, I agree. I read this last night and didn't bother posting it here, because no, ESPN360 doesn't count.

The ESPN Classic thing is kinda cool....I guess. But, I would wager more people know where to find CN8 on their TV dial than ESPN classic.

GannonFan
June 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I agree. I read this last night and didn't bother posting it here, because no, ESPN360 doesn't count.

The ESPN Classic thing is kinda cool....I guess. But, I would wager more people know where to find CN8 on their TV dial than ESPN classic.

At least Classic you can find - if you have Direct TV or an expanded digital subscription you already have it (heck, may even be in HD for all I know) - but 360, even on a knowledgeable board like this, people know very little about it. I may have it and not even know it! xlolx CN8's cool for those in the local areas where you get CN8 - that's real easy to get. Although you need a pretty quick internet connection to enjoy the live streaming online - I tried watching a game on it last year and just struggled on what I thought was a pretty decent system.

Dukie95
June 7th, 2007, 10:00 AM
At least Classic you can find - if you have Direct TV or an expanded digital subscription you already have it (heck, may even be in HD for all I know) - but 360, even on a knowledgeable board like this, people know very little about it. I may have it and not even know it! xlolx CN8's cool for those in the local areas where you get CN8 - that's real easy to get. Although you need a pretty quick internet connection to enjoy the live streaming online - I tried watching a game on it last year and just struggled on what I thought was a pretty decent system.

Go to http://www.espn360.com and they'll let you know right away if you have it. I tried last night and was told I didn't have it, and unless your ISP offers it, you're SOL.

Since Comcast still doesn't get ESPNU (which wouldn't have counted either, BTW, IMO), I'm not holding my breath for 360.

rmutv
June 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Comcast does not have 360 either.

KAUMASS
June 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I switched to Direct TV 2 years ago from comcast. Comcast was pretty lame and their service was horrible. Direct TV has CSTV and ESPNU- I caught a number of FCS games on them last year, no additional charge.

My internet provider is ATT/SBC. I just checked and they carry ESPN 360.
I do not have the highest broadband width, and the channel comes in fine just like a t.v. feed.

Cobblestone
June 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
RICHMOND, Va. - Three CAA Football non-conference games are scheduled to air on the ESPN family of networks during the 2007 season, officials announced earlier this week.

James Madison and Villanova are slated to open the 2007 season against Atlantic Coast Conference opponents on ESPN360. The Dukes will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to face new head coach Butch Davis and the North Carolina Tar Heels, Saturday, Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. Villanova will also face an ACC opponent that same evening, when it travels to College Park, Md., to face the Maryland Terrapins. Both contests will be shown live at 6 p.m.

ESPN360's video streaming content is similar to a typical television boradcast with the exception of it being delivered through the Internet.

A week later, Rhode Island will travel to West Point, N.Y., to face the Army Black Knights in a 1 p.m. kickoff to be carried live on ESPNClassic, Sept. 8.

The inaugural season of CAA Football begins Thursday, Aug. 30, when rivals Delaware and William & Mary face off at Walter J. Zable Stadium in Williamsburg, Va. Kickoff between the Blue Hens and Tribe is slated for 7:30 p.m., and will televised by CN8.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=922008

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

appfan2008
June 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM
congratulations on those games i hope asu and michigan will show up on some channel

Zoo
June 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Congrats to the CAA. :D

BigApp
June 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
360 came loaded as a program on both laptops I've purchased since Thanksgiving