PDA

View Full Version : SWAC-MEAC Challenge '07 Straightened Out

TexasTerror
June 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Glad to see they got this straightened out and got the game on television. I know they had some difficulties getting everything in order with the Tuskegee/Miles game and such. Great job by the folks involved in sealing this deal...

---------------------------
ESPN Regional Television’s Third Annual MEAC/SWAC Challenge to Feature Florida A&M vs. Southern Sept. 1 on ESPN Classic

Teams Set To Play for the First Time in Five Years; Birmingham Event Will Include Step Show and High School Seminar Over Labor Day Weekend

June 4, 2007

ESPN Regional Television (ERT), a subsidiary of ESPN, Inc., and the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC), two prominent HBCU (Historically Black College/University) leagues, will celebrate Labor Day weekend with the third annual MEAC/SWAC Challenge festivities, featuring a college football matchup between Florida A&M University and Southern University. The annual ERT owned-and-operated event will be held Saturday, Sept. 1 at 3 p.m. ET and be televised live on ESPN Classic from Birmingham’s (Ala.) historic Legion Field. In addition, several ancillary events, highlighted by a high school outreach career panel and a step show competition, will take place leading up to the game.

Each year, the game pits a MEAC team against a SWAC member at a neutral site located within the footprint of one of the conferences. This year’s event will pair the MEAC’s Florida A&M University (FAMU) against the SWAC’s Southern University, the first time these two teams will meet since 2001. The teams first competed in 1941, with FAMU leading the all-time series 33-24-1.

Seven-time MEAC Champion Florida A&M University finished the 2006 season with a 7-4 overall record and 5-3 in the MEAC. With expectations to regain supremacy in the MEAC, the 2007 Rattlers return a solid offensive and defensive front headed by third-year head coach Rubin Carter.

http://swac.org/06-07/football/meac-swac_challenge0604.htm

813Jag
June 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'll be there. xthumbsupx I really missed this rivalry.

Jag4Life
June 5th, 2007, 02:02 AM
I'M THERE!

89Hen
June 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I hope I get that one on TV, nice match-up. Is FAMU on the road to recovery? What happened to our Rattler posters... I miss them. :(

jstate83
June 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Damm...........................There go my SUNDAY road trip.xrolleyesx
Saturday gametime knocks me out.xsmhx

I'll be at the Alcorn/Gram game on the reservation at 1:30 and back in Jacktown for our opener against Delta State Saturday night at 6:30.xthumbsupx

SU Jag
June 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Its on and poppin!xnodx 2 of the bigger rilvary games in HBCU football. Miles/Tuskegee draws at least 45k when they play at Legion Field, add FAMU/Southern to that and WOWxeekx

813Jag
June 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Its on and poppin!xnodx 2 of the bigger rilvary games in HBCU football. Miles/Tuskegee draws at least 45k when they play at Legion Field, add FAMU/Southern to that and WOWxeekx
I can't wait to see those Rattlers. Especially after all the trash I was talking at the Florida Classic. xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
June 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I'll be at the Alcorn/Gram game on the reservation at 1:30

I believe The ICON vs Corn game starts at 6:00pm.

SU Jag
June 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Are you comming down Mach?

jstate83
June 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM

DAMMIT.xmadx
My Labor Day Weekend football fest is getting shorter by the post.xlolx

OH WELL.....................I'll take what I can get.xrotatehx
Guess I'll be staying in Jacktown to watch Jackson State bust the clock on Delta State . xlolx

SU Jag
June 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
DAMMIT.xmadx
My Labor Day Weekend football fest is getting shorter by the post.xlolx

OH WELL.....................I'll take what I can get.xrotatehx
Guess I'll be staying in Jacktown to watch Jackson State bust the clock on Delta State . xlolx

Yeah, I was really counting on this being a Sunday game, but o well. Looks like the stadium will open for the RVs probably Thursday morning. Hopefully all the Miles folks wont snatch all the good spots.

Jag4Life
June 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I can't wait to see those Rattlers. Especially after all the trash I was talking at the Florida Classic. xlolx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx You better hope we win it, but I know we will.

Jag4Life
June 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I was really counting on this being a Sunday game, but o well. Looks like the stadium will open for the RVs probably Thursday morning. Hopefully all the Miles folks wont snatch all the good spots.

I'll be alright because I'll be leaving that Saturday morning, me and my mother so far.

813Jag
June 5th, 2007, 09:10 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx You better hope we win it, but I know we will.
The outcome of the game won't change anything. They have to ride with me to Birmingham. xlolx

SU Jag
June 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I cant wait for that week! I goig to see Samford and West Alabama that Thursday night, I gotta make a few trips to the airport to pick up family and friends on Friday, we'll probably claim out tailgate spot Friday morning, you got all of the pre-game stuff Friday night, you got the game Saturday, plus all the pre-game stuff for the Miles/Skegee game the next day. This will be a crunk weekend!xnodx Also my first college football weekend as a married man!xnodx

Jax
June 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I'm definitely in the building. SU Lab play Gram Lab at Robinson Stadium that Friday night. Got to see my 2 sons march in the band(if they're marching) After that, I will be on the highway heading to B Ham!

Jag4Life
June 6th, 2007, 11:24 AM
The outcome of the game won't change anything. They have to ride with me to Birmingham. xlolx

LOL, WOW!!!!! If you are driving keep your eyes on the wheel after the game instead of talking smack to them.