PDA

View Full Version : From ESPN.com...

BeauFoster
June 1st, 2007, 02:42 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before, forgive me if it has.

ESPNU frequently asks college players questions regarding sports in a column called Campus Call. Recently, the question was "What makes Division I athletics different from the lower divisions?" I didn't know what to expect from the athletes, but was plesently suprised. From Tyler Tidwell, of Navy -

"As far as football goes, I think the upper-tier Division I-AA teams are comparable to many of the 'mid-major' teams in Division I-A. I speak from experience, as I have played one each season and every game has been very competitive. However, I don't think that the upper-tier I-AA teams are too comparable to the Oklahomas and Floridas out there."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?page=CampusCall

youwouldno
June 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Cool.

Go...gate
June 1st, 2007, 04:37 PM
A very fair assessment by a future leader.

BrevardMountaineer03
June 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a reasonable assessment to me. Nothing degrading but still puts things in perspective.

AppGuy04
June 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
Pretty spot on

dbackjon
June 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM
Decent answer - but what everyone is overlooking is that the question was what was the difference between D-I and lower divisions - we are D-I!!

EmeryZach
June 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, we should have beat Navy last year. We lost by one point. We had a touchdown called back on a BS holding call.

AppGuy04
June 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Decent answer - but what everyone is overlooking is that the question was what was the difference between D-I and lower divisions - we are D-I!!

They call it semantics, always will

Umass74
June 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM
That's an accurate assessment. UMass was very competitive with Army and navy.

We would not be with USC and Ohio State.

PantherRob82
June 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Good call on his part.

appsfan
June 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Well said...

McTailGator
June 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before, forgive me if it has.

ESPNU frequently asks college players questions regarding sports in a column called Campus Call. Recently, the question was "What makes Division I athletics different from the lower divisions?" I didn't know what to expect from the athletes, but was plesently suprised. From Tyler Tidwell, of Navy -

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?page=CampusCall

Great to know that such a smart and humble young man will be defending our nation soon. He will go far with a good head on his sholders.xthumbsupx

already123
June 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM
on any given saturday...