PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Comeback - Round 2

NDSUFREAK
June 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Here is round 2 of the current tournament poll of best comebacks in FCS history!

edit - info that exceeded the limit of the poll options.
-Southern QB dislocated his hip during the Bayou Classic game that Southern came back to win.
-Delaware missed a PAT against UNH to lose 45-44. Delaware was undefeated going into that game.

Anymore info can be added by fans of these schools to convince others to vote for that particular comeback. btw, app state posters, don't get too riled up because your games will come up. RELAXXXXXX Just Round 2. ;)

blackfordpu
June 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM
Don't forget SHSU vs. EWU. How many rounds will there be?

NDSUFREAK
June 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
6 or 7 rounds I am thinking. That should spread out through some of the summer in time for practice!

813Jag
June 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
Here is round 2 of the current tournament poll of best comebacks in FCS history!

-Southern QB dislocated his hip during the Bayou Classic game that Southern came back to win.
-Delaware missed a PAT against UNH to lose 45-44. Delaware was undefeated going into that game.

Anymore info can be added by fans of these schools to convince others to vote for that particular comeback. btw, app state posters, don't get too riled up because your games will come up. RELAXXXXXX Just Round 2. ;)

Just to let you know the final score of the Bayou Classic was 37-31. That game will always get my vote. It was like each half was like a different game.

NDSUFREAK
June 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Just to let you know the final score of the Bayou Classic was 37-31. That game will always get my vote. It was like each half was like a different game.

AHHHH!!!!:o :o :o I looked at 31-10 just before I put the final score and that is what I put instead of 37-31 :o :o

aggie6thman
June 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
In round three you should add our 36-33 comeback win over then #5 Cal Poly. Jon Grant to Tony Kays over the middle. That was one helluva game! xnodx

813Jag
June 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
AHHHH!!!!:o :o :o I looked at 31-10 just before I put the final score and that is what I put instead of 37-31 :o :o
It's cool. xcoolx Just doing my part. xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
June 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM
I was in the marching band for the Liberty comeback vs VMI. That was the most excited I had seen Williams Stadium in my 1+ seasons at Liberty to that point

ATrain
June 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Perhaps the best game I've ever seen played at Williams Stadium was that game against VMI.

bjtheflamesfan
June 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
One thing about the end of the Liberty-VMI game...they (VMI) actually had a chance at the end to get the last play off a second time after a questionable roughing the passer call.

GoldandBlack
June 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Just gotta go with the combination of 21 points in the fourth quarter to tie and a win in 2OTs by W&M- everybody in that crowd must have had to crawl out of the stadium.

NDSUFREAK
June 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
GOOSE IT

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
My Wildcats outscoring the Blue Hens 35-7 in the last seventeen minutes of play to force OT at 38-38 still has me shaking my head in amazement! In Newark!!!

NDSUFREAK
June 4th, 2007, 10:52 AM
GOOSE

GSUhooligan
June 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
There had better be more than two rounds because the greatest comeback in FCS history was also a national championship game. Even GSU hater, Mr. Coulson agrees...from an article he wrote about the late, great Erk Russell

"In perhaps the greatest title game in I-AA history, quarterback Tracy Ham led a wild comeback as GSU rallied from a 28-6 deficit versus Furman to win 44-42, scoring 38 points in the final 22 minutes at Tacoma, Wash.

With just 10 seconds remaining, Ham (23-of-37 for 419 yards and four touchdowns passing and 19 carries for 90 yards rushing) hit Frank Johnson with a 13-yard TD toss to complete the victory."

NDSUFREAK
June 4th, 2007, 11:49 AM
There had better be more than two rounds because the greatest comeback in FCS history was also a national championship game. Even GSU hater, Mr. Coulson agrees...from an article he wrote about the late, great Erk Russell

"In perhaps the greatest title game in I-AA history, quarterback Tracy Ham led a wild comeback as GSU rallied from a 28-6 deficit versus Furman to win 44-42, scoring 38 points in the final 22 minutes at Tacoma, Wash.

With just 10 seconds remaining, Ham (23-of-37 for 419 yards and four touchdowns passing and 19 carries for 90 yards rushing) hit Frank Johnson with a 13-yard TD toss to complete the victory."

Don't forget SHSU vs. EWU. How many rounds will there be?

6 or 7 rounds I am thinking. That should spread out through some of the summer in time for practice!

there

GSUhooligan
June 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry, this post
The list is from the games posted on the "Your teams best comeback" thread.

Choose wisely...

The poll will go on for one week from today and then round 2 of the other comebacks listed will be voted on. Then those selected will continue on in the tourney type that I have going on here.

edit - MSU = MONTANA State made it seem like there were only going to be two rounds and that you would pit those winners against eachother...I didn't read the other posts, my bad.

SU Jag
June 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
1999 Bayou Classic!xnodx

CopperCat
June 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Otherwise App fans will start throwing a fit!:p

Ivytalk
June 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
My Wildcats outscoring the Blue Hens 35-7 in the last seventeen minutes of play to force OT at 38-38 still has me shaking my head in amazement! In Newark!!!

UNH, that game still has me shaking my head...in disgust!xnonono2x xsmhx And didn't the Hens miss an XP in that final OT?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
UNH, that game still has me shaking my head...in disgust!xnonono2x xsmhx And didn't the Hens miss an XP in that final OT?

Yes they did. And they missed a 39 yard FG at the end of regulation. And it was late in the season too, UNH only had two more games. What a crushing way to lose an undefeated regular season!

Reminds me that UNH lost an undefeated season in Kingston on a missed PAT as well. Of course UD won out until the playoffs that year while UNH lost to UMass in the season finale. Not going into that UMass game undefeated probably cost UNH any chance for an at-large bid -- only eight team playoffs back then!

Of course UNH followed up two upset victories over top 25 teams (UMass and the improbable UD win) by gakking their own newly created playoff chances by stubbing their toe against upgrading Gardner-Webb and then getting absolutely spanked by Maine.

NDSUFREAK
June 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
UNH & DELAWARE TAKE THE LEAD!

NDSUFREAK
June 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
one more day to vote for round 2!

NDSUFREAK
June 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
KEEP ON VOTING!!!!!

AppMan
June 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Of course most everyone knows about ASU's Miracle on the Mountain 2 point play to beat Furman in 2002, but imo that was a freak happening. The best true comeback ASU win of all time had to be the 1992 game at James Madison. ASU was down to Madison 21-7 with just under 4 minutes to play. DJ Campbell tosses the first of his three TD passes with 3:02 left to play bringing the Apps to within 21-14. A fumble recovery and thirty two seconds later Campbell tosses another TD to tie the game at 21. With less than 30 seconds on the clock the ASU picks off a JMU pass deep in ASU territory. Two quick passes get the Mountaineers to mid-field and with less tha ten seconds left Campbell heaves a pass deep towards the endzone. As time expires WR Craig Styron catches the deflected ball lying on his back to make the final score ASU 27-JMU 21. Amazing!

NDSUFREAK
June 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM
its tied up!

NDSUFREAK
June 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
LAST DAY

NDSUFREAK
June 6th, 2007, 03:24 PM
W&M vs Delaware is the winner by a close 2 votes. Round 3 coming up soon.