PDA

View Full Version : BIG SKY CONF...What QB will prevail?!

already123
May 27th, 2007, 01:06 PM
For the first time in a while...the BSC doesnt seem to have standout QB. I mean really, who can we expect to have the most success?!
I remember the recent years when Ochs, Lulay, Murrietta, and of course Meyer ruled the conference undoubtedly...who will the BSC turn to now? It seems as if nobody knows.

Montana has a guy that has a good record as a starter but doesnt awe us with ability...he plays on a solid team

MSU's QBs had their ups and downs last year, 2 guys have a chance at playing but again, neither is that great in my opinion. (I'd go with Carpender)

NAUs departure of Murrietta leaves a vacancy for the Jacks. They have a great athlete in Kriesien and a great Transfer in Norton...neither one is proven

Does Weber have a QB?

EWU has a returner, or two. either one of the young QBs they put in will have no where but up to go after last year. Peerboom does have potential it seems.

PSU has big questions as a starter and so does SAC, though SAC does have an honorable mention QB to their credit.

ISU is going to end up putting a young on in there it seems. Either way there is no experience...

And who knows what is going on with UNC. I expect their transfer to start but no one has every heard of him

the Conference has a lot of questions at the QB position, so who will be the one(s) to uphold the BSCs rep of "airin it out" ???

ucdtim17
May 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Sac's HM (Marquez was all-BSC??) QB will not be returning. I don't think they have anyone

I Bleed Purple
May 27th, 2007, 02:18 PM
For the first time in a while...the BSC doesnt seem to have standout QB. I mean really, who can we expect to have the most success?!
I remember the recent years when Ochs, Lulay, Murrietta, and of course Meyer ruled the conference undoubtedly...who will the BSC turn to now? It seems as if nobody knows.

Montana has a guy that has a good record as a starter but doesnt awe us with ability...he plays on a solid team

MSU's QBs had their ups and downs last year, 2 guys have a chance at playing but again, neither is that great in my opinion. (I'd go with Carpender)

NAUs departure of Murrietta leaves a vacancy for the Jacks. They have a great athlete in Kriesien and a great Transfer in Norton...neither one is proven

Does Weber have a QB?

EWU has a returner, or two. either one of the young QBs they put in will have no where but up to go after last year. Peerboom does have potential it seems.

PSU has big questions as a starter and so does SAC, though SAC does have an honorable mention QB to their credit.

ISU is going to end up putting a young on in there it seems. Either way there is no experience...

And who knows what is going on with UNC. I expect their transfer to start but no one has every heard of him

the Conference has a lot of questions at the QB position, so who will be the one(s) to uphold the BSCs rep of "airin it out" ???

Good question. We have four masquerading as one at the moment.

Peems
May 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
i thought PSU had Brian White the transfer from Colorado playing this year. he was pretty good in the parts that he actually played in against the griz, but he is the only player in NCAA history to lose to the bobcats twice in the regular season xnodx xlolx

eagle1
May 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Chris Peerboom will not be returning for his senior season. Matt Nichols is the returning starter and if he can improve his decision making then he will be very good. He has a strong arm and great mobility. The back up will be Alex Smart who had a great spring. Go Eagles!!!

#16 Matt Nichols

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ewas/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/1054711.jpeg

#12 Alex Smart

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ewas/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/1069458.jpeg

laxVik
May 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Does Weber have a QB?

Not so sure PSU has big questions at QB. Both looked phenomenal in the spring game. Brian White has the edge, and as was mentioned, he was a Colorado transfer.

ncbears
May 27th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I think Mike Vlahogeorge might be one of the top qbs in the conference. He was very highly touted coming out of high school in Indiana, set some state records. I don't know what happened at IU, but we'll take him.

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/announcements/state_records.htm

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Not saying that Cole Bergquist will be the best QB in the league but I bet he'll lead the best offense. He is a 60% passer, and a good rusher with 4.6 speed. He knows the offense and is in his 4th year running it. Bergquist was the 78th ranked HS QB and the highest ranked HS QB to commit to a I-AA school in 2003. He'll have the deepest, tallest, and most talented WR corps Montana has ever had to throw to. 6'3" Eric Allen, 3 year starter, 6'4" Ryan Bagley, 3 year starter, 6'4" Craig Chambers, 1 year starter at Washington, 1 year at Montana. He'll have 4 quality running backs that could all start for other BSC teams. He'll have maybe the most intimidating RB (and a great blocker) in the league as the 1st teamer lining up behind him. He'll have a line that averages 306 lbs in front of him. A line that is so good (9 of 10 of the two deep linemen back) that two experienced seniors aren't even starters. And last but not least, Cole will have a Defense that will give him many short field opportunities.

All but one of Cole's starts were on a very young 2005 team. He was a freshman then and 75% of the 2007 team started with him in 2005. That was an extremely young team. Last season in his one start he led the Griz over the 22nd ranked SDSU Jackrabbits (7-4) 36-7.

How experienced is the Griz offense? 9 of 11 starters back. The two starting openings? Center will be filled by former Oklahoma starter JD Quinn. And the QB opening will be filled by Cole.

CopperCat
May 27th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Not saying that Cole Bergquist will be the best QB in the league but I bet he'll lead the best offense. He is a 60% passer, and a good rusher with 4.6 speed. He knows the offense and is in his 4th year running it. Bergquist was the 78th ranked HS QB and the highest ranked HS QB to commit to a I-AA school in 2003. He'll have the deepest, tallest, and most talented WR corps Montana has ever had to throw to. 6'3" Eric Allen, 3 year starter, 6'4" Ryan Bagley, 3 year starter, 6'4" Craig Chambers, 1 year starter at Washington, 1 year at Montana. He'll have 4 quality running backs that could all start for other BSC teams. He'll have maybe the most intimidating RB (and a great blocker) in the league as the 1st teamer lining up behind him. He'll have a line that averages 306 lbs in front of him. A line that is so good (9 of 10 of the two deep linemen back) that two experienced seniors aren't even starters. And last but not least, Cole will have a Defense that will give him many short field opportunities.

All but one of Cole's starts were on a very young 2005 team. He was a freshman then and 75% of the 2007 team started with him in 2005. That was an extremely young team. Last season in his one start he led the Griz over the 22nd ranked SDSU Jackrabbits (7-4) 36-7.

How experienced is the Griz offense? 9 of 11 starters back. The two starting openings? Center will be filled by former Oklahoma starter JD Quinn. And the QB opening will be filled by Cole.

Cole was more of a runner anyway wasn't he?

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 06:41 PM
As an inexperienced freshman he tucked the ball and ran it quite a bit. Last year in the SDSU start he looked very polished.

SDSU game QB stats.

Cole Bergquist
Passing, 22-35-0, 257 yards, 1 TD.
Rushing, 11 carries, 55 yards.

CopperCat
May 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
As an inexperienced freshman he tucked the ball and ran it quite a bit. Last year in the SDSU start he looked very polished.

SDSU game QB stats.

Cole Bergquist
Passing, 22-35-0, 257 yards, 1 TD.
Rushing, 11 carries, 55 yards.

He may have looked polished in that one game, but I still think that we need to see him look that way week in and week out before any judgements are made. I know a couple Griz fans from the family that are skeptical about Cole still, but that may change. I have no doubt that the WR corps will help Cole out. They are all very talented.

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Memories of the 2005 season are long in the tooth. Cole was thrown into the starting spot too soon and the team went to a run first philosophy with Lex at RB and a green QB. That as you might imagine pissed off 60% of the Griz nation that are pass happy.

Peems
May 27th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Memories of the 2005 season are long in the tooth. Cole was thrown into the starting spot too soon and the team went to a run first philosophy with Lex at RB and a green QB. That as you might imagine pissed off 60% of the Griz nation that are pass happy.

we were pretty inexperienced all around that year. it was lex's first year as the "starter" and talmage was really the only tested receiver. the QB situation didn't help one bit.

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Actually Lex was pretty experienced going into the 2005 season. He had already rushed for 1600 yards and had 22 rushing TD's in his first 2 years.

already123
May 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM
fair statement about cole not being the best qb. not so sure about him being on the best offense...not sayin that it wont be true, just it remains to be seen. I have my doubts about there being 2 passers over 2500 yards ths season. honestly.

GO JACKS by the way

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
The Griz offense will average over 400 yards a game and 38 points a game this season. You heard it here. The defense averaged 17 points allowed in 2006 and will be even better this year.xnodx They held the Jacks to 190 yards.

Jackluv
May 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM
The Griz offense will average over 400 yards a game and 38 points a game this season. You heard it here. The defense averaged 17 points allowed in 2006 and will be even better this year.xnodx They held the Jacks to 190 yards.

WOOO xeekx xsmiley_wix Lofty statement right there! haha

I can maaybe see the griz over 400 yards a game but 38 points? I'm not to sure about that one. I think NAU will once again be one of the top scoring offenses in the nation this year. xthumbsupx

I am really excited for BSC play this year!

CopperCat
May 27th, 2007, 08:31 PM
xhomerx
Dude, be realistic here. I don't see that happening at all. For a team to do that you have to come out of the gates with all cylinders firing, and it can't stop during the season. UM is definitely good, but I don't see that happening at all. As a matter of fact, I don't see anybody in the BSC averaging 400 yds a game.

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Shucks we'll average 45 points the first three games. xsmiley_wix Dude we averaged 366 last year and the entire offense is back. PLUS LEX!!!

CopperCat
May 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Shucks we'll average 45 points the first three games. xsmiley_wix Dude we averaged 366 last year and the entire offense is back. PLUS LEX!!!

Right, you averaged 366 with SWOGGER who IMO was a better thrower than Cole.

But now that I remember how cush your schedule is, maybe your stats WILL be a bit higher.......xrolleyesx

Ronbo
May 27th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Right, you averaged 366 with SWOGGER who IMO was a better thrower than Cole.

But now that I remember how cush your schedule is, maybe your stats WILL be a bit higher.......xrolleyesx

Well the Griz nation was split on who was better. Cole throws a more accurate deep ball and is more accurate overall. Swogger really zipped the ball but was off target a lot. His forte was getting the ball to the sidelines real fast before the corner could react. Cole is more mobile and a threat to run for 10-15 yards on any play that a reciever doesn't open up. Swogger did alright but had a tough time avoiding the sack because he held the ball too long.

The line is more experienced this year. We had two freshmen starting half the games last year. A weak spot was center last year. Quinn's there now.

Three recievers that gained 1800 yards and scored 18 TD's are back.

Our Soph. TE that is a stud, has put on 25 lbs. and has a year experience now. He played at 6'5" 225 last year. He's 6'5" 250 now.

Lex is back!

I have no doubt there will be some good offenses this year. PSU, MSU, NAU, EWU, and Montana should all be better offensively with all the returners they have. It's gonna be some fun.

VictorG
May 27th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I haven't read this thread but IMO the Griz "system" needs a QB to complete at least 60% of his passes and Cole B. can certainly do that. Add to this that he is a very mobil QB and that Hilliad and Coleman will return this year, and the OL will be much improved.............I think Cole will be opening some eyes this year!

already123
May 27th, 2007, 09:47 PM
if the griz really thought cole b could do better than swogger he would have played. plain and simple.
its ridiculous for you to say that the griz will be scoring 38 pts a game!

NAU has 9...well basically 10 starters returning from THE best offense in the conference.HANDS DOWN!

honestly, what makes this years griz that much different than others offensively?

Jackluv
May 27th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Well the Griz nation was split on who was better. Cole throws a more accurate deep ball and is more accurate overall. Swogger really zipped the ball but was off target a lot. His forte was getting the ball to the sidelines real fast before the corner could react. Cole is more mobile and a threat to run for 10-15 yards on any play that a reciever doesn't open up. Swogger did alright but had a tough time avoiding the sack because he held the ball too long.

The line is more experienced this year. We had two freshmen starting half the games last year. A weak spot was center last year. Quinn's there now.

Three recievers that gained 1800 yards and scored 18 TD's are back.

Our Soph. TE that is a stud, has put on 25 lbs. and has a year experience now. He played at 6'5" 225 last year. He's 6'5" 250 now.

Lex is back!

I have no doubt there will be some good offenses this year. PSU, MSU, NAU, EWU, and Montana should all be better offensively with all the returners they have. It's gonna be some fun.

What? I agree with already. If Cole was better then Swogger then he would have played. Plain and simple.

Your weak spot was center?? xeyebrowx You are talking about preseason All-American (although he didnt live up to that) and two time 2nd team all BSC center Jeff Marshall. Saying he was the weak link is a ridiculous arguement.

Watch out for NAU junior and returning 1st team all BSC TE Shawn Fitzpatrick coming back for another great season!

Grizalltheway
May 27th, 2007, 10:08 PM
if the griz really thought cole b could do better than swogger he would have played. plain and simple.
its ridiculous for you to say that the griz will be scoring 38 pts a game!

NAU has 9...well basically 10 starters returning from THE best offense in the conference.HANDS DOWN!

honestly, what makes this years griz that much different than others offensively?

http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2006/08/15/web/websports/ws45.jpg

'Nuff said!!

Jackluv
May 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
im sorry man, but

Welcome to a game of injuries

i hope Lex has an awesome season (except for the NAU game! :) ) but i doubt he will ever be the RB he was before his injury. I hope he does what other great players do when they get injured...work on other aspects of the game to become an all around great player.

Grizalltheway
May 27th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I wasn't whining about the fact that we didn't have him last year, just responding to your question about what will set our offense apart from others in the Big Sky and the country. xpeacex

Ronbo
May 28th, 2007, 12:35 AM
What? I agree with already. If Cole was better then Swogger then he would have played. Plain and simple.

Your weak spot was center?? xeyebrowx You are talking about preseason All-American (although he didnt live up to that) and two time 2nd team all BSC center Jeff Marshall. Saying he was the weak link is a ridiculous arguement.

Watch out for NAU junior and returning 1st team all BSC TE Shawn Fitzpatrick coming back for another great season!

Jeff Marshall was dinged up all year. Didn't even play in about 4-5 games and never really got to 80-90% till about playoff time. It was also his first year at center also. He was a tackle playing center. He was a pre season All American tackle. He was a BSC 2nd team tackle in 2005.

CopperCat
May 28th, 2007, 01:07 AM
With as much talent as UM has on the ground, I would think that their offense would reflect this. Let Cole throw every now and again, but an ASU type of attack might be something that would benefit the Griz. Cole can run, so let him run!!! Just a thought that came to me.

PantherRob82
May 28th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I think Cole with have a great year.

Ronbo
May 28th, 2007, 01:46 AM
His Junior year will probably be better than his Senior year. He has so many weapons around him this season. In 2008 he loses Lex, and all three starting receivers.

PantherRob82
May 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM
His Junior year will probably be better than his Senior year. He has so many weapons around him this season. In 2008 he loses Lex, and all three starting receivers.

But Montana always reloads. Sometimes with transfer QB's. You never know what to expect.

Jackluv
May 28th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Jeff Marshall was dinged up all year. Didn't even play in about 4-5 games and never really got to 80-90% till about playoff time. It was also his first year at center also. He was a tackle playing center. He was a pre season All American tackle. He was a BSC 2nd team tackle in 2005.

I really dont know where you are getting your information from Rondo :D . Jeff Marshall MAAAYBE didnt play in 2 games this past year. It also was his 2nd year at center after he was named 2nd team all BSC center in 2005 along side the center from EWU. Marshall also was a backup guard in 2004 who was moved to backup center half way through the season. He wasnt a tackle. xsmiley_wix

Ronbo
May 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
You know you are right he did switch to center in 2005, that year the line was being shuffled alot. He started the year at tackle. I think we lost the the starting center for the year. Marshall was at tackle before that in 2005. But he was hurt last year, missed some games to the point that some were posting when is Marshall coming back. He play dinged up, I heard this from a guy that knows a lot of the players. I was looking at the participation charts and it has Ryan Wells at center in most of the early season games last year. Marshall came back for Portland State and then was out again for EWU.

already123
May 28th, 2007, 06:16 PM
i thought this thread was about the BSCs savior at QB?

which, by the way, will not be Cole B. as the Montanians (is that right?) claim. He will not lead the big sky QBs in rushing or passing yards....you heard it here first.

GO JACKS!

CrunchGriz
May 28th, 2007, 06:55 PM

which, by the way, will not be Cole B. as the Montanians (is that right?) claim. He will not lead the big sky QBs in rushing or passing yards....you heard it here first.

GO JACKS!

The good thing is...

...he won't need to.

Grizalltheway
May 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM

GO JACKS!

So which QB will lead the big sky in rushing yards?

Griz Fan
May 28th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I spoke with Cole last year and he was not feeling the love being looked over bringing in Swogger for the strong arm throws (which we did not use i.e frustration for Eric and Chambers). Cole will be ready this year to compete. Gotta love Lex returning, I predict that he will not see as much play as we expect because of the stable of backs that can bring more deminsion to the offense. However, as we have seen, our offense can be one dimentional due to coaching. I agree with Ronbo we will have a strong offensive attack, the only thing holding us back will be the predictability that our coaches seem to adhere to.

already123
May 29th, 2007, 12:38 AM
yea, a good offense, im sure, but not elite. I guess I have a hard time believing your statements saying Cole will be as crucial as "advertised". I dont think any QB entering this year as the starter is...
we'll see. Best of luck to him and the Griz except when they play in the Skydome

and in response to an earlier comment...
EWUs QB or more likely Kriesien from NAU will lead the conf in rushing for QBs. But not like that really matters too much anyways...
I also like Cole B...

we'll see

CopperCat
May 30th, 2007, 12:05 AM
yea, a good offense, im sure, but not elite. I guess I have a hard time believing your statements saying Cole will be as crucial as "advertised". I dont think any QB entering this year as the starter is...
we'll see. Best of luck to him and the Griz except when they play in the Skydome

and in response to an earlier comment...
EWUs QB or more likely Kriesien from NAU will lead the conf in rushing for QBs. But not like that really matters too much anyways...
I also like Cole B...

we'll see

Ummmm.....ok?xeyebrowx

I will agree that Cole won't be AS crucial with Lex back. With the running game opening up, Cole won't have as much pressure on him to find a receiver on 3rd and long situations. He WILL find opportunities to get some rush yards, which will give opposing defenses trouble no doubt.

But really? EWU's QB leading the league in rushing?

GolfingGriz
May 30th, 2007, 01:23 AM

GO JACKS!

Who cares if he doesn't lead the BSC in those stats. He'll lead the BSC in the only stat that matters: Wins.

JALMOND
May 30th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Don't mean to sound like a homer (hope my track record here has proven that) but, with the architect of the run and shoot back at Portland State and no real dominate QB in the conference, I'd give the edge to either White or Howland at PSU, whoever emerges as the starter. Davis has gone through a bunch of QB's with this offense, most of which have thrown for a bunch. I really cannot see how it won't be the case this year.

already123
May 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
PSUs QB? are u serious?lol

griz&beer
May 30th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I think PSU's QB will be the best QB in the big sky.(The kid from CU)

mvemjsunpx
May 30th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I think Cole Bergquist will end up with the best stats, even if he isn't necessarily the best QB. He has a great, deep offense around him & Montana has a relatively weak schedule.

Brian White didn't impress me much when I saw him play Montana last year. He seemed good because the starter, Rob Freeman, spotted the Griz 16 points before getting pulled, but White also completed under 50% of his passes. White (or whoever starts for PSU) will probably lead the Big Sky in yards, because of that offense, but I would be surprised if he ends up as even close to the most efficient passer.

The Vikings will need time to adjust from a run-first offense to a pass-heavy, 5 WR system.

Jackluv
May 30th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I think PSU's QB will lead the BSC in passing stats but i still dont think they will be really good. June Jones has had more talent on his Hawaii team than Fresno and Boise combined every year and they still dont win. That offense can put up big pass numbers but its still to be seen if they can win BSC games with it. Im anxious to see it! Good Lucky guys!

already123
May 30th, 2007, 05:41 PM
In my experiences and observations, its rare when an offense really 'clicks' together in their first year...esp when they completely change personnel and convert to an entirely different philosophy. PSU will undoubtedly have their success, but I think that they will overall be in the learning stages.

Offensively, you've gotta look at Montana and NAU as the ones who have the most legit chance at the crown. (not saying others aren't good)

JALMOND
May 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
In my experiences and observations, its rare when an offense really 'clicks' together in their first year...esp when they completely change personnel and convert to an entirely different philosophy. PSU will undoubtedly have their success, but I think that they will overall be in the learning stages.

Offensively, you've gotta look at Montana and NAU as the ones who have the most legit chance at the crown. (not saying others aren't good)

Maybe not quite a drastic change as one might think. Davis has been using this type of offense for years (since 1965 I believe) and it has worked on the college level, with some less talented QB's running it. If you think you can stop it, I say bring it on and we'll see during the season.

Legit chance at the title...Montana? Yes. NAU? Yeah, right.

Mr. C
May 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM

I covered a junior college team in California, West Hills, that installed the Run and Shoot in 1982 an promptly won the league championship in what is traditionally one of the top leagues in the state (California plays some of the best JC football in the country). They had some excellent talent, including a couple of players who transferred to Idaho, a speedy WR named Ronnie Oliver and a great DT that moved to LB at Idaho named Sam Manoa. Manoa's brother Tim Manoa was a star FB at Penn State and then played four years in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts. This team also had a great RB named Herbert Payton, who was Walter Payton's cousin and played at Rice. They had a QB named Billy Freeman that ended up at Minnesota, or somewhere like that. The coach, Carl Ferrill, was hired to Dennis Erickson's staff at Idaho the next year. Ferrill was connected with all sorts of folks like Erickson and Steve Spurrier.

The point is, if you have good talent, and Portland State does, then you can make this offense work in one year.

already123
May 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM
true...Mr. C's opinion is always respected. I just feel that it will be a bit more difficult for a prodominantly 2-back team to make a quick transition to a run-n-shoot offense. They do have quality players so it will be interesting to see what happens.

And by the crown I mean offensively...I thought I had stated that earlier. My apologies for the confusion.

NAU won the title last year. Both NAU and Montana return almost all of their starters while loosing a quaterback....it will be a race for sure.
NAU will take it tho
GO JACKS

DaGriz
May 31st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Sac's HM (Marquez was all-BSC??) QB will not be returning. I don't think they have anyone

Are you serious? So they lost their only stud running back to Cal Poly and now they lost their QB? Poor Sac. St. Another rough year and it hasn't even started.

CopperCat
May 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM

Um, hello? MSU has TWO QB's returning that both saw at least 4 starts a piece, and they will be throwing to guys that they threw to last season. PSU will run n' gun, but like somebody else already said, its a new system under a new coach. Maybe it will click right away, maybe it won't. UM has the best shot at being the juggernaut offense. They've got some veterans on the offense, mainly at WR and RB. Saying NAU will have the best shot along with NAU is a bit of a homer IMO.

already123
June 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
actually its a legit statement....NAU returns 9 starters offensively. A CSU transfer at tackle (the only position on the line w/o a starter returning) who started at least 4 games. They also have Lance Kriesien who saw extensive P.T. last year...or they could go with a transfer who had a few starts at Fresno,one against LSU. NAUs awesome offense is reloading...making them the front runners (offensively of course). With that being said, its theirs untill someone takes it away from them...which is unlikely

and yes, I know loosing Murrietta is a HUGE blow...

PSUVikings
June 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
I think PSU's QB will lead the BSC in passing stats but i still dont think they will be really good. June Jones has had more talent on his Hawaii team than Fresno and Boise combined every year and they still dont win. That offense can put up big pass numbers but its still to be seen if they can win BSC games with it. Im anxious to see it! Good Lucky guys!

lol you call 11 wins not winning?xlolx Defense lost UH all the games they lost. 47 PPG should be enough to win. Watch out for UH next year, they have a mastermind on O and D now!!!!

Brian White will be able to put up good stats and he knows how to compete at a high level. I marvel at some fans about Norton, I've watched him play 3 times, want to know why he left FSU? Cause he wasn't good enough to play there!!!!!! Don't over hype him fans!

Ronbo
June 3rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
actually its a legit statement....NAU returns 9 starters offensively. A CSU transfer at tackle (the only position on the line w/o a starter returning) who started at least 4 games. They also have Lance Kriesien who saw extensive P.T. last year...or they could go with a transfer who had a few starts at Fresno,one against LSU. NAUs awesome offense is reloading...making them the front runners (offensively of course). With that being said, its theirs untill someone takes it away from them...which is unlikely

and yes, I know loosing Murrietta is a HUGE blow...

No way your stinky Defense (378 YPG) will be that much better. I do predict you will have a very potent Offense though.

Say I noticed that NAU lost 18 Seniors from the 2006 team. If you have 9 returning Offensive starters back then how many Seniors did you lose off the Defense?

already123
June 6th, 2007, 12:04 AM
lost 4 starters on defense.

already123
June 9th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Still got money on NAU's QB and offense.

Not sold on Cole B.

Ever since I heard that PSU's QB was able to transfer during the season and play the next week...I decided I would never be a fan. I mean, honestly, how does that happen?!

We saw MSU's QB's last season. Eh....
they do find a way to win though...

EWU...jury is still out

GO JACKS

PSUVikings
June 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Brian White will probably be the best QB in the conference, unless the talk of a certain QB transferring to a certain school from a FBS power goes through, and no he ain't going to UM, PSU, or MSU.

Sean Norton will put up stats but he isn't that great, dude is short and stunk it up at FSU last year. Murrieta was far better.

already123
June 10th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Norton isn't even starting...I still dont understand how this kid got so hyped?!
WOW...

Either way, White is average untill he proves otherwise

PSUVikings
June 10th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Norton isn't even starting...I still dont understand how this kid got so hyped?!
WOW...

Either way, White is average untill he proves otherwise

He's won a bowl game. And nearly beat Montana after being in Portland for only 1 week, I would consider that above average.

JALMOND
June 10th, 2007, 03:44 PM
No way your stinky Defense (378 YPG) will be that much better. I do predict you will have a very potent Offense though.

Say I noticed that NAU lost 18 Seniors from the 2006 team. If you have 9 returning Offensive starters back then how many Seniors did you lose off the Defense?

The run and shoot thrives on defenses like that. Either White or Howland should have a field day against that type of defense.

already123
June 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
He's won a bowl game. And nearly beat Montana after being in Portland for only 1 week, I would consider that above average.

fine...above average xcoffeex

PSUVikings
June 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
fine...above average xcoffeex

Don't worry I promise you when its the 4th quarter and PSU has scored 50+ points on NAU you will officially know how good brain is.xnodx

already123
June 11th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Don't worry I promise you when its the 4th quarter and PSU has scored 50+ points on NAU you will officially know how good brain is.xnodx

Ill post save this one. No way in H-E-double hockey sticks PSU wins by any more than 10....IF they win at all. PUH-LEEEESE! xcoffeex

NAU puts well over 400 yards of offense on PSU...xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
June 11th, 2007, 03:02 AM

You, sir, are the proud owner of the xhomerx of the month award. First, you start with this "there are far better stadiums than Wa-Griz in FCS" stuff. While I disagree, I at least repsect that opinion. But 50+ against NAU? I believe the only team in the big sky to score 50+ in a game last season was Montana against N. Colorado, the top team vs. the bottom. What in God's name makes you think that PSU will do that vs. N. Arizona?

PSUVikings
June 11th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Ill post save this one. No way in H-E-double hockey sticks PSU wins by any more than 10....IF they win at all. PUH-LEEEESE! xcoffeex

NAU puts well over 400 yards of offense on PSU...xthumbsupx

lol your team gave up 34 points to our mediocre offense last year in flagstaff, we will rack it up next year! You wait this offense will the best in the BSC.

already123
June 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM
You, sir, are the proud owner of the xhomerx of the month award. First, you start with this "there are far better stadiums than Wa-Griz in FCS" stuff. While I disagree, I at least repsect that opinion. But 50+ against NAU? I believe the only team in the big sky to score 50+ in a game last season was Montana against N. Colorado, the top team vs. the bottom. What in God's name makes you think that PSU will do that vs. N. Arizona?

actually NAU racked up---
66 against Dixie (49 in the first half)
44 against EWU
42 agaisnt WSU and
54-3 AZZ whippin agaisnt N. Col.... xlolx

PSUFAN10---Congrats on the award...well deserved xthumbsupx

already123
June 11th, 2007, 11:07 AM
lol your team gave up 34 points to our mediocre offense last year in flagstaff, we will rack it up next year! You wait this offense will the best in the BSC.

14- points off of one flippin play! I hate that dern screen play...I remeber it well

laxVik
June 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Geez one second string QB transfer and NAU fans are full of themselves. :)

already123
June 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
And why is there so much hype over Sean Norton?!

laxVik
June 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Ah...for one thing he's never played a down for you. I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. Funny stuff. Keep it up.

already123
June 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
hey...I'm def not the one hyping him up. He is a good and talented QB from what I saw this spring. However, he hasnt played a down (as we have all noticed), he is rather small, and he isnt even the starter. So........ ??!?!!?